Could Them Crooked Vultures be up to something?

Their online store just opened up again in like forever, and both Queens of the Stone Age and the Vultures Facebook page shared it. Seems kind of weird to do that when the band has been dead for almost 5 years now. Maybe something is brewing, they're gauging their audience and maybe going to work on some new music? Though it was very interesting nonetheless.

https://www.facebook.com/QOTSA/posts/10153241279597806?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

That's what I was thinking! QotSA's bassist, Michael, said that Queens has been put on hold so Josh can work on some other collabs this year. Josh also said that he's working on a "very special collaboration" that he's been waiting to do, so that's a big enough hint for me!

Homme has no plans to slow down in 2015. After the new album with Eagles of Death Metal, Homme will reconvene his dormant Desert Sessions series with another gathering of heavy hitters in a studio out in Joshua Tree. Later in the year, work begins on another Queens album, and somewhere in between is a secret collaboration so precious he won't even talk about it.

"Next year will be a year of science and collection of ideas," Homme says, sitting in the studio control room, a studded white leather bracelet on his wrist. "There's no reason to wait. There's no reason to be hasty. I'm just moving at a good clip and looking really wide to see if there's any interesting pathways that seem scary and cool."

EDIT: here are the links

http://www.gigwise.com/news/99027/queens-of-the-stone-age-new-album-2015-update-band-are-taking-a-break

http://www.laweekly.com/music/queens-of-the-stone-ages-josh-homme-is-our-last-real-rock-star-5162538

Their online store just opened up again in like forever, and both Queens of the Stone Age and the Vultures Facebook page shared it. Seems kind of weird to do that when the band has been dead for almost 5 years now. Maybe something is brewing, they're gauging their audience and maybe going to work on some new music? Though it was very interesting nonetheless.

https://www.facebook.com/QOTSA/posts/10153241279597806?comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22O%22%7D

I don't know if dead is the right word, but yes it seems that things are gonna be kicking into gear. Queens and the Foos have done their work, and JPJ seems to always be game for a musical endeavor so fingers crossed!

Hopefully the song, "You Can't Possibly Begin to Imagine," finally sees the light of day in studio form.

Hopefully the song, "You Can't Possibly Begin to Imagine," finally sees the light of day in studio form.

That and "Highway 1"!

"You Can't Possibly Begin to Imagine" is one of my favorites, that'd be kickass to hear a studio version. Imagine how much more atmospheric the song could be, let alone how much it already is :smiley_pray:

• 1 month later...

YES YES YES!!!!!! I can't hold my exitement!!! I'll be more than delighted to hear it confirmed.... I fell in love with them almost exactly 1 year ago, and I said to myself...

"I'm sure they'll get back together. They LOVE playing together and they've said it so many times this band won't end here. But there are a few things going on for all three of them- so I'm aiming on late 2015-early 2016."

And, now I think , I may have been right in that.

I'm so happy!!

YES YES YES!!!!!! I can't hold my exitement!!! I'll be more than delighted to hear it confirmed.... I fell in love with them almost exactly 1 year ago, and I said to myself...

"I'm sure they'll get back together. They LOVE playing together and they've said it so many times this band won't end here. But there are a few things going on for all three of them- so I'm aiming on late 2015-early 2016."

And, now I think , I may have been right in that.

I'm so happy!!

Yeah! No doubt they'll play again, it's just finding the right time. Foo Fighters are booked through November, maybe once that tour is over with, they'll get back in the studio. I could see the Eagles of Death Metal album out of the way soon, and the Desert Sessions maybe in August/September. JPJ is always available so it's just a matter of calling him up!

Dave was juggling Foo Fighters and TCV last time round so if he gets the Foos out of the way, the vultures will fly again! They've all made comments about TCV at least once each year for the past five years, so it's still upfront in their minds. Dave has said multiple times that he would love to do another album and Josh has said that he's still actively a member of TCV, it's just finding the right time for all of them.

Archived