Song you NEVER get sick of

There is a post about songs that have grown on you and I put one up about the alum that never gets as old as others, but how about an individual song?

Which Led Zeppelin song can you hear over and over and every time you hear it you like it just as much, if not more?

Mine is

In My Time of Dying.

The way they rearranged or reworked that song is maybe the best example of Zeppelin truly making a song their own.

In all seriousness, all of them!

For conversation though, I'll say When The Levee Breaks, In My Time Of Dying, Achilles Last Stand, Kashmir, The Song Remains The Same, The Rain Song, and Your Time Is Gonna Come.

These are the songs that I can listen to heaps of times, in one day:

Tea For One

Carouselambra

For Your Life

Nobody's Fault But Mine

Trampled Under Foot

The Rover

Down By The Seaside

Celebration Day

Bron-Y-Aur Stomp

In My Time of Dying

We're Gonna Groove

The Rain Song

Over The Hills And Far Away

Fool In The Rain

All My Love

Out On The Tiles

Gallows Pole

Royal Orleans

I'm the OP and I only listed one, which was In My Time of Dying. Since everyone else listed additional ones, so will I.

Others for me besides In My Time of Dying would be The Ocean, The Lemon Song, BBC first version of I Can't Quit You Baby, Gallows Pole, That's The Way, Custard Pie, 10 Years Gone, Nobody's Fault but Mine, Hot Dog and probably the rough take of Since I've Been Loving You

Once you get into the endless bootleg catalogue of Led Zeppelin, it is pretty much impossible to ever get tired of their songs. Once you get tired of the studio version and the HTWWW and the TSRTS versions of Stairway To Heaven (for example), then you discover the LA 6/23/77 performance and it's like hearing it for the first time all over again! That being said,

Thank You is one song that never gets old to me. I listened to the studio version very often since I was 14 years old when I first heard it, then as soon as I started getting tired of it 3 years later I heard it live New York 7/29/73, anyone could imagine how that felt hearing the difference for the first time, it was like hearing a completely different song. That was the first time I ever heard live Zeppelin.

Since I've Been Loving You

The Rain Song

Ten Years Gone

Kashmir

Whole Lotta Love are a few others that also never get old to me.

Good Times Bad Times
Bring It On Home
Heartbreaker
Out on the Tiles
Tangerine
When the Levee Breaks
Over the Hills and Far Away
The Rain Song
The Ocean
Custard Pie
The Rover
Bron-Yr-Aur
Down by the Seaside
The Wanton Song
Achilles Last Stand
Nobody's Fault But Mine
Candy Store Rock
Tea for One
In the Evening
Bonzo's Montreaux
Walter's Walk

If I really had to choose my top 5 favorite Led Zeppelin songs (thus LZ songs I NEVER get sick of...) they would be:

In the Light

Since I've Been Loving You

Achilles Last Stand

No Quarter

The Rover/Communication Breakdown... Of course I could name many, many more but I chose to list these 5/6.

10 Years Gone: I even love The Black Crow's and Jimmy's live version. Just a gorgeous song that has so much in it.

No Quarter: Love the dark aspect of this song and how Jimmy's basic riff is tuned down.

Standards I listen to at least once a week: Ramble On, Dancing Days, Whole Lotta Love, Tangerine, Thank You, and Tangerine.

Personally, it's very hard for me to get sick of a Zeppelin song, but the studio version of Trampled under foot I've never been keen on, but the Earls court version from the Zeppelin DVD is just amazing to listen to, for me.

What about Brandy & Coke? I've never really cared for the studio version of Trampeled Under Foot, but I can't get enough of Brandy & Coke. Plant's overdubbed vocals on it are just addicting to listen to, I have the slightest clue on why they chose not to use it on the original release.

After listening to Led Zeppelin for 40 years, I can conclusively say that songs I never get tired of include:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

How Many More Times

What is and What Should Never Be

Immigrant Song

Tangerine

Stairway to Heaven

Battle of Evermore

When the Levee Breaks

Trampled Underfoot

Tea for One

Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp

Gallows Pole

Probably a bit different from most people...

Archived