Cover for In Through the Outdoor

Anyone, at anytime in the past, ever think it was Jimmy Page on the front cover of ITTOD?

Why would they, the guy on the cover looks nothing like JP.

But he's nowhere near the piano .....he's at the bar

You know what they say about assumptions, right :)? I count four men on the front cover of ITTOD (depending on which cover you have), and I never thought any of them was Jimmy Page, although the guy at the piano does have Jimmy's smile.

There is only one guy on every cover...

No there isn't.

There's one cover with only one guy on.

If you take the back of the sleeve into account there are no covers with only one guy.

There is only one guy on every cover...

Wrongo. Sorry brother. There are four men in the bar, and all of them appear on the front cover, depending on which of the 6 covers you have. No matter which cover you look at, there are at least 2 men on the front cover at all times, unless the bartender is an extremely ugly woman. Of course, if you are an Orc, then she might be attractive.

My favourite cover picture is the one with Ddladner sitting at the bar. ;)

But she stole my heart long ago. Ha. Sorry DD. ;)

I guess I wasn't clear enough. The guy burning the Dear John letter is the only guy in every single one of the six cover pictures.

Ahhh, I get your point, even though there is always another man in the pics, only Dear John is the consistent one in every front picture. Good point, although these stipulations were not in the original post by the OP. ;)

Wrongo. Sorry brother. There are four men in the bar, and all of them appear on the front cover, depending on which of the 6 covers you have. No matter which cover you look at, there are at least 2 men on the front cover at all times, unless the bartender is an extremely ugly woman. Of course, if you are an Orc, then she might be attractive.

My favourite cover picture is the one with Ddladner sitting at the bar. ;)

But she stole my heart long ago. Ha. Sorry DD. ;)

Lol! That was all for you, friend! :friends:

Which cover? there are six.

Went to a record store in Greensboro, NC. There were an AB & C cover. And the dude kicked me out of the store for fondling the vinyl within the cover. Was about to buy the thing, until I got kicked out of the store. I've fondled things a lot worse and gratifyingly mucho better than that. Was just wanting to be cautious and critical of what I purchase before I fork over a poop-load of moolah. :P I'm very careful with vinyl. What ashame. I bought a $200 dollar Ronettes album the year prior. (a Mother's Day gift). The ITTOD covers were awesome and various. All different.

Archived