Plant genuinely sincere vocals.

Which moment in a song do you think Robert Plant sounds the most sincere? I think it's interesting how real life experiences seem to actually make your voice sound more legit. We all know All My Love is for his son and I think you can feel it. But also those moments in Ten Years Gone when he sings of ever really needing somebody bad and do you ever remember me baby when he says oh darling, sound really real to me, and of course we know he was channeling old feelings from a real love.

Thank You. "...and so, today my world it smiles. Your hand in mine, we walk the miles. Thanks to you it will be done". Probably the most sincere lyrics ever written IMO. The late '72 performances had some amazing vocals especially during the outro when he added "dont leave me alone, leave me alone, leave me alone..." Cardiff 12/12/1972 is amazing plus Page's guitar always sounded just as sincere. The Rain Song is another one especially St. Louis 2/16/1975 and Vancouver 3/20/1975.

I really like the vocal approach to the outtake, Everybody Makes it Through, off of the PG sessions. His voice is so raw and the lyrics sound straight from the heart, it is like a sequel of Thank You, but from the perspective of life on the road.

I really like the vocal approach to the outtake, Everybody Makes it Through, off of the PG sessions. His voice is so raw and the lyrics sound straight from the heart, it is like a sequel of Thank You, but from the perspective of life on the road.

Good point. By the same token, I enjoy his vocals of the outtake/rough mix of Since I've Been Loving You from the Deluxe Zep III more than the master. That being said, Jimmy's solo is better on the master. Not sure why they couldn't have mixed them together.

It's all just performance in my view, aside from AML. The rest just done for the money.

Just for money? Ehh I don't think Zeppelin would have devoted as much time to their music as they did if it was just for money. They knew they could have went out and preformed 90 minute shows every night and nobody would have complained, but instead they would go out there for 3 hours, it's not like they were getting paid by the hour. I also think they would have just called it a day after 7/29/1973 if it wasn't more for the joy of making and performing their music over money. Another thing to look at is how upset Plant would get when the audience would get too loud and obnoxious and the fans trying to listen to their music couldn't hear as well. As well as calling it after Bonham passed away, they could have replaced him and made way more money but their music was more important to them. That's just my view though, it could have simply been for the money.

Just for money? Ehh I don't think Zeppelin would have devoted as much time to their music as they did if it was just for money. They knew they could have went out and preformed 90 minute shows every night and nobody would have complained, but instead they would go out there for 3 hours, it's not like they were getting paid by the hour. I also think they would have just called it a day after 7/29/1973 if it wasn't more for the joy of making and performing their music over money. Another thing to look at is how upset Plant would get when the audience would get too loud and obnoxious and the fans trying to listen to their music couldn't hear as well. As well as calling it after Bonham passed away, they could have replaced him and made way more money but their music was more important to them. That's just my view though, it could have simply been for the money.

THIS.

It's all just performance in my view, aside from AML. The rest just done for the money.

I completely disagree. Plant is a hippy at heart. Don't think he sang any of his lyrics just "just for the money". This is the wrong place to make such a silly comment. You should be on the One Direction chat site.

I completely disagree. Plant is a hippy at heart. Don't think he sang any of his lyrics just "just for the money". This is the wrong place to make such a silly comment. You should be on the One Direction chat site.

Besides that, Robert

is the lone holdout of a reunion that would be the biggest money maker in the history of rock music. More money than you could imagine.

Disagree away. Of course it's done for the money. Musicians do what they do because success brings with it huge financial rewards, beats working 9 to 5 or whatever, skilled or unskilled. I can't remember where I heard it or who it was by, but at the end of one particular take somebody in the studio says "that's the money" What has being a hippie (I went through all the hippie bullshit in my teens and early twenties) got to do with it anyway, they still have mortgages and other bills to pay. As for 1direction not really sure who they are apart from that I know they were from some TV talent show a few years ago, I don't keep with modern trends I'm 58 for fuck sake.

Do you seriously think Robert Plant was thinking about money when he sang Since I've been loving you in the studio?

Of course I don't, I'm just in wind up mode trying to get a rise out of whomever bites.( something I do when I'm not having a good day) I do know that I bet he was glad he wasn't doing that four hour part time seven 'til eleven evening shift when all his mates would have been in the pub 'cause one thing is for sure it wouldn't have paid much. It certainly would have made life a drag.

Disagree away. Of course it's done for the money. Musicians do what they do because success brings with it huge financial rewards, beats working 9 to 5 or whatever, skilled or unskilled. I can't remember where I heard it or who it was by, but at the end of one particular take somebody in the studio says "that's the money" What has being a hippie (I went through all the hippie bullshit in my teens and early twenties) got to do with it anyway, they still have mortgages and other bills to pay. As for 1direction not really sure who they are apart from that I know they were from some TV talent show a few years ago, I don't keep with modern trends I'm 58 for fuck sake.

well... OK . singing is his career and his bread and butter. He's not doing it for free. But, the way you put it is ridiculous. If All My Love is the only song he sang with sincere emotion, he's fooled millions except for you of course..

Of course I don't, I'm just in wind up mode trying to get a rise out of whomever bites.( something I do when I'm not having a good day) I do know that I bet he was glad he wasn't doing that four hour part time seven 'til eleven evening shift when all his mates would have been in the pub 'cause one thing is for sure it wouldn't have paid much. It certainly would have made life a drag.

Ha ha, fair enough.

Ha, that there is some funny shit. Thanks for making my day JTM :suntan:

One song that I am shocked to not see on here is Blue Train. That song, too, is about Karac and combined with Jimmy's passionate and emotionally charged playing, puts this song at the top of this list for me. Don't get me wrong, all the songs mentioned prior are great and Robert sings them beautifully, but Blue Train is from another world. Just brilliant!

I would say his entire last album for one ...I don't think House of Love and a Stolen Kiss could be any more personal...With Zep many later songs along with Thank you... Allof My Love, Tea for One, Ten Years Gone Carouselambra...I think Kashmir is pretty honest about his spiritual questing...I believe... 29 Palms...For the money? I doubt if these guys did anything JUSt for the money -sure they enjoyed that late 60's early 70's lifestyle it got them but, I don't think any of the four were anything less than sincere at least 95% of the time in their music. Some like Hot Dog were probably just written for fun but I don't see them as a job or money making thing for LZ . I saw the look on Robert's face just for a few seconds... like he was somewhere else -before A Stolen Kiss I don't think moments like that are bought and paid for. Yeah Blue Train That's another one, for sure.

Archived