Let's just say THANKS to the Boys!

:D

There have been thousands of posts covering hundreds of issues. Please use this tread to simply say thank you to Led Zeppelin, the boys who have given us a great sound track for our lives.

I'm 49 years old, husband, father, grandfather, business executive, and most who know me at work had no idea how much a Zeppelin fan I am! To attend the concert in London was such a very special gift for me. To be with so many who share my love of this band and their music was more wonderful that I can express.

The music of Led Zeppelin is incredible, special, unique, powerful, meaningful, sad, happy, passionate, loving, erotic, playful, deep, mystic, therapeutic, calming, exciting, bright, complex, diverse, etc. etc. etc. It has helped me through many good times and bad. You can hear the influence in so many other bands over the many years since Zeppelin first landed on our planet.

So, it's difficult to fully express the joy and happiness that their music has brought to so many people. Think about it, 30 years after their last tour of the United States, there were millions wishing to get the opportunity to see them, at great expense, in London.

Led Zeppelin owes us nothing, we owe them so much...

Thank you Jimmy! Your vision and those magical fingers...

Thank you Robert! A voice without compare...

Thank you John Paul! Diverse yet constant, key to the LZ sound...

Thank you John and Jason! Thunder and lightening of 2 generations...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thanku:

I love this thread and couldn't agree more. I fell madly in love with LZ when I was 13 and now I'm 40 and the love is still there and going strong! I absolutely can't get enough of them lately. I really hope they see some of the posts here because I too would like to thank them for all they've given us. I would so love to see them but I agree, they don't "owe" us a tour, they don't owe us a thing. They have already given us so much. Led Zep, I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you... if the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you!!!

I love this thread and couldn't agree more. I fell madly in love with LZ when I was 13 and now I'm 40 and the love is still there and going strong! I absolutely can't get enough of them lately. I really hope they see some of the posts here because I too would like to thank them for all they've given us. I would so love to see them but I agree, they don't "owe" us a tour, they don't owe us a thing. They have already given us so much. Led Zep, I love you! Thank you, thank you, thank you... if the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you!!!

I'm hopeful many more of us post notes of thanks like yours in this thread... Thank you Zengac

:thumbsup:

To the members of Led Zeppelin and everyone involved in making the music of Led Zeppelin possible,

I want to thank you all for creating the music of Led Zeppelin. It has made the bad parts of my life tolerable and the good parts better. Music has a way of reaching different people in different ways. Yours has reached so many people and in my life, has had such a positive effect. I cannot express my gratitude to you for being a major part of the soundtrack of my life.

Thank you.

Zeppelin has been a huge part of my life since i was young and latly on this fourm due to 02 theres been bashings out the Wazooo, but after all is said and done a life without zeppelin is one i wouldnt want to live, i mean many songs have so much meaning to me that its hard to belive some people dont have that void in their life filled. For me that void was zep always has been and Always will be.

Thanks for all the great memories over the years and all the times we shared.

This ones for you ZEP... and without you there would be voids in many peoples lives mine included and to touch someone in that manner cannot be matched be any amount of money or fame. The True gods of music LED ZEPPELIN!

It's great to hear these comments... I'm sure the boys will be happy to read them also. I sometimes wonder if they really understand how deeply they have affected so many people across several generations. I'm confident this will continue for several generations into the future because I believe their music is truely timeless.

I heard a joke once, "You know you are getting old when they play Led Zeppelin on the easy listening channel"... but actually I young everytime I listen to their music. The music is a bridge back in time to my youth yet continues to be current and appropriate with each year I grow older.

B)

Thanks boys. Thanks for everything. Wish I was born in time for your heyday. :)

Much Love to you *mwah*

:rolleyes:

Who said their heyday has passed? My son is a LZ fan, My son-in-law is a LZ fan, my nephew is only 13 and loves LZ, my grandson is only 3 years old and likes to rock to these great tunes already. I wonder when, or if, LZ will nolonger gain fans in future generations.

The song remains the same...

B)

I had an interview printed in the Daily Telegraph after the show and I said it there and I say it here....I went to London to say Thank You...I didnt care if they came out and just stood there and didnt play a note....just the chance to say those 2 words is what I wanted.......Of course what we all got that night was beyond description and beyond my wildest dreams.....My kids have grown up with LZ and are fans and my granddaughter sleeps to the LZ rockabye lullaby cd....More and more young kids are finding there way to the mighty Zep and seeing that their music set the standard and has never been matched.....The music means so much to so many...Jimmy inspired many of us to buy guitars and try till we bled to learn his riffs....Robert is and always will be the voice of rock music...JPJ and Bonzo laid down the law Zep music followed....we have been very fortunant...those of us who grew up with them and now pass it along...this music is timeless......the song remains the same si so true.....

THANKS GUYS FOR A LIFETIME OF FOOD FOR MY SOUL........................

Thanks to the boys for truely introducing me to Rock and Roll in all it's unfettered glory. They are by far the best band of all time....and always will be. No one will ever beat Zeppelin, ever. They are the unreachable benchmark. Thanks for liberating me!! :thumbsup:

Great thread btw.

Hi all,

Robert Anthony,James Patrick,John Baldwin,John Henry(+Pat=Jason),thanks for the music! When I bought Led Zeppelin I back in 1969 and hearing that Telecaster,those back beats,..."In the days of my youth,.."

Then hearing you bloodly 'Nobs at O2 (thanks to the fans of this site!) pound that tune out,.....'Good Times Bad Times'

Thanks might not be enough,but it will have to do,.... :thumbsup:

KB

It's great to hear these comments... I'm sure the boys will be happy to read them also. I sometimes wonder if they really understand how deeply they have affected so many people across several generations. I'm confident this will continue for several generations into the future because I believe their music is truely timeless.

I heard a joke once, "You know you are getting old when they play Led Zeppelin on the easy listening channel"... but actually I young everytime I listen to their music. The music is a bridge back in time to my youth yet continues to be current and appropriate with each year I grow older.

B)

I think the same thing which is why I really hope they do visit these boards, or at least someone here that knows them will share... it's also why I posted a special request to those going to the concert to scream at the top of their lungs (loud enough for even Bonzo to hear!), no matter how they sounded or what they did.. scream for all of us who couldn't go but who have been fans for years. I loved how you said the music was a bridge back in time... it's exactly how I feel. In fact, I posted on another thread that, lately, I almost feel as though I've run into an old flame and we're having such a good time! Best part is, I can share this with my husband!!! :D People around me think I'm insane because I seem to be obsessed with them, but I don't care. In my own head, I'm having quite a party and don't plan to stop that party any time soon!

I first discovered Led Zeppelin when I was 11, am 45 now. Thanks to my big brother for giving me his Led Zep I-IV albums, all scratched and worn out already, but oh, it didn't matter. I played them on a tiny portable turntable over and over. Zep gave me back the love that I was so needing in my life back then, and the love of the music has sustained me in ways indescribable ever since.

I never got to see them live (almost in '77 but it wasn't to be due to the canceled tour), and would love to have that dream fulfilled. But if it doesn't happen, I am happy with all that the guys have given to us, a special genius in music that will never be repeated.

Thanks, Jimmy, Robert, John Paul, John (RIP), and Jason!!!!!! Much love and peace to you all!

I first discovered Led Zeppelin when I was 11, am 45 now. Thanks to my big brother for giving me his Led Zep I-IV albums, all scratched and worn out already, but oh, it didn't matter. I played them on a tiny portable turntable over and over. Zep gave me back the love that I was so needing in my life back then, and the love of the music has sustained me in ways indescribable ever since.

I never got to see them live (almost in '77 but it wasn't to be due to the canceled tour), and would love to have that dream fulfilled. But if it doesn't happen, I am happy with all that the guys have given to us, a special genius in music that will never be repeated.

Thanks, Jimmy, Robert, John Paul, John (RIP), and Jason!!!!!! Much love and peace to you all!

I grew up in a little town in Northern Wisconsin where the local radios stations would not play any Led Zeppelin music. I first heard Led Zeppelin late nights listening to AM radio stations like KAAY out of Little Rock, Arkansas or Chicago's WLS. When my older brother bought an 8-track of the 4th album, I wore it out playing those amazing songs on one of the most incredible albums ever produced. I graduated in 1976 and Presense was an obsession with "Achilles Last Stand" becoming one of my all time favorite songs...

So, I will never be able to say this enough.... THANK YOU LED ZEPPELIN!!!!!!!!!

:)

To All The Led Zeppelin crew, gone or still rolling, You Have Touched My Heart. I grew up with my parents blasting your rythems into my brain.

NOw that I am 17, I can only appreciate YOu more. You know a band is more than a band when there songs, happy or sad, bring a tear to your eye and flood your vains with spirit.

IF only I was born in the 60's, where I may have the chance of seeing you live.

I am proud to be a fan of such talent, and to know how diverse and awsome You all are.

To everyone and everything that made Led Zeppelin possible

The O2 gig was a show to be proud of.

Though I couldn't attend, I am often overcome with pride and happiness for the band when reviewing fan documentation and just today when I heard the reaction to Kashmir it made me feel so happy for the members of the band. I'm sure they felt the love. That was more than an encore call. They left the O2 crowd in shambles. :)

In addition to pulling together to play this concert, the band's generosity in allowing it to be fan documented is without a doubt the greatest thing that could be done for the millions of fans world-wide who could not attend and the thousands who were there who now have a wonderful memento.

Even if there is no tour or followup I think they can be satisfied with what they were able to accomplish and move on to various other projects without the spectre of Zeppelin hanging over their heads.

I am sincerely looking forward to the continued creativity of all the members whether together or apart. Their way of working together is still the standard of authentic musical expression for me. I hope they create latter day masterpieces in whatever guise they choose to pursue.

Well I am touched by all the sentiments I have read here. I have been a Zep fan since the beginning. I'm 64 years old. I knew all those many years ago that Zep was the greatest and boldly told it to everyone who would listen lol.

I was allowed to personally email Robert about a year or so ago. Like you guys I just wanted to thank him for all the great music. It was an honor to know that he read what I had to say.

Led Zeppelin will not be touched. They are the best.

Merry Christmas Led Zeppelin and a Happy New Year to all the fans.

Trexx

Led Zeppelin are, quite simply, the greatest living - yes, living! - band on earth. I say living because even if the guys never play another note together, the music endures and will continue to endure. It's as simple as that.

So on the off-chance the guys are reading this - thank you. For everything.

Archived