Any videos of Jimmy playing the Lake Placid Strat at EC?

CA87888

Hey,

I've only ever seen a couple of photos of Jimmy playing the lake placid '60s Strat at Earls Court, and was wondering if there was any video out there of him playing this guitar in '75?

Haven't come across any video of this guitar at Earls Court on YouTube etc - from what I've read, he either used it on D&C or NQ???

Cheers

He used it for Over the Hills and Far Away on May 23. Aside from short clips being used for the acoustic songs on the official DVD the video for this date has never surfaced. If it's any consolation you can watch him using it to play In the Evening on either of the Knebworth videos.

What about the sound Sue. I believe there are boots of this show; in your opinion, how does the Strat sound in comparison to the LP for OTHAFA??? Do you prefer the Strat sound to the LP for this particular song?

I just want to clarify that you're talking about audio clips, yes? There is no footage circulating for the 23rd at all. He also used it for No Quarter for either the 17th or 18th.

Mostly, yeah. I feel like I remember reading that some of the shots on the DVD don't match up with either the 24th or 25th, and that the position of Robert's mic didn't match up from one shot to the next, so it was assumed that some parts of the 23rd were used.

What has always fascinated me is the way that post 1980

he only played the strat or tele live for so many years as if he couldn't

bear to touch the LP post ZEP

I saw The Firm @ Nassau Coliseum back in '86(?) Jimmy came out with the Tele, played a couple of songs with it, then when he strapped on the Les Paul, the crowd gave him a standing O.

When I saw Jimmy with The Firm in 85' he used the Tele almost exclusively. Midnight Moonlight he switched to the Dano and he was supposed to use the Double Neck for Radioactive but there was something wrong with it. So, after about a five minute delay they brought out the LP and Jimmy played Radioactive on the LP.

Jim played brilliantly that night (Phoenix AZ gig) and the solos' he brought forth from the B-Bender were out of this world. Great show. However he never used the Strat at the Phoenix Firm gig.

What has always fascinated me is the way that post 1980

he only played the strat or tele live for so many years as if he couldn't

bear to touch the LP post ZEP

He still occasionally played the Les Paul with The Firm. However, it's use was purposefully minimized to encourage him to move forward artistically.

Archived