11.) Since I've Been Loving You

12.) Dazed & Confused

13.) Stairway To Heaven

Encore -alternate between any of these 2

Whole Lotta Love

Rock And Roll

Heatbreaker

Black Dog

I love TSRTS as an opener. With this setlist we have 6 songs in support of the new album PG. I left out Moby Dick..drum solo's just aren't for me. I waivered about Dazed too. Perhaps they could've reduced it to about 15/20 minutes top but keep in the San Francisco/Woodstock section.

2.) Custard Pie

3.) Over The Hills And Far Away

4.) In My Time of Dying

5) Sick Again

7.) Kashmir

8.) No Quarter

9.) Trampled Under Foot

10) The Wanton Song

11.) Since I've Been Loving You

12.) How Many More Times

13.) Stairway To Heaven

Encore -alternate between any of these 2

Whole Lotta Love

Rock And Roll

Heatbreaker

Black Dog

I liked your setlist; this is how I'd do it.

Switch out D & C for "How Many More Times" (as I've said about a kazillion times before :lol: )

I like "The Song Remains The Same" as an opener too, but IMO it was most effective in 1977/79- the band's mission statement, if you will. "The Rain Song" is something I have to be in the mood to listen to...see, always been the thing with the 1975 setlist for me (and I'm aware I'm in the minority on this): sometimes it's hard to sustain my interest. I generally tend to play the first four tracks, skip to "Kashmir", play disc two, then skip to the encores on disc three. If I let the damn discs play I usually end up 'fast forwarding' them sooner or later.

Everyone makes valid points on this thread for and against 1975, so I'll just add this: a consistent Plantation night after night, right after Sick Again and before OTHAFA (and right after he greets the audience), is that Led Zep will give the aurdience a flavor/texture of 6.5 years as a band as part of the concert experience for that show. Focusing on the US Tour only, my opinion is that Zep doesn't deliver on that. I get it somewhat ties into the longer versions of songs, which is noted in many previous posts, but we consistently get 12 songs before the encores:

• 4 from PG
  • 4 from HOTH
  • Moby Dick off 2
  • 2 from the 4th album
  • and Dazed from the 1st album

Then the encores:

• consistent encore: Whole Lotta Love partial (2), Crunge sometimes, length varies (HOTH) then into Black Dog (4th)
  • Some lucky towns got either Heartbreaker (2) or CB (1), as a 2nd encore, or both in LA, Seattle. And many times, just the one medley above, which don't get me wrong, is pretty kickass, especially when they expand WLL versus the early tour dates

I think the snub on 3 hurts the experience of 6.5 years, a very important transitional album. And this is the problem: 3 is completely ignored, except the few dates where SIBLY is played. A complete experience would be the acoustic set added for Earl's Court, not to mention the electric Tangerine off 3. To me, Earl's Court delivers on that experience.

I would say in retrospect, some versions should have been cut down as other's pointed out: Dazed, NQ staying true to 1973, Moby Dick should have been no more than 15 minutes; then you add either a short two song acoustic set like 1971, and maybe an electric version of Tangerine.

Last point, I agree that the musical dexterity was incredible this tour: so why not try a couple songs that weren't or rarely played previously, i.e. Jonesy was heavy on keyboards in the 1975 set list, so cut down NQ in length and try a version of Your Time Is Gonna Come? Or keep WTLB as the new adventure past the first 4 shows, including Europe?

If the '77 soundboards sounded as uniformly good as the '75 boards, and if Jimmy was...more precise in '77, that would likely be my favorite tour to listen to.

But, I love the '75 shows. While it could have used a few more tracks, I love the set list. The '75 performances of TSRTS, Rain Song, OTHAFA, IMTOD, NQ and Dazed are my favorites.

IMO the LA 75 shows are way overrated due to the incredible recordings. Definitely not among LZ’s best shows ever. Not even top 20. What do I especially enjoy from 75? 01-20 Chicago, 02-06 Montreal, 02-12 NYC, 03-05 Dallas, 03-12 Long Beach, 03-21 Seattle, 05-24 EC. The covers inserted in Heartbreaker. Dazed and Confused. Plantations. Dragons. Linda Lovelace. I do dig it all. But, best shows ever, representing LZ at the height of their musical powers? 1975?

I would most definitely place the 3-27-75 LA show in their top 20, if not top 10. That SIBLY is sublime, and the groove on NQ (the section before Robert rejoins) is incredible.

I would most definitely place the 3-27-75 LA show in their top 20, if not top 10. That SIBLY is sublime, and the groove on NQ (the section before Robert rejoins) is incredible.

I consider LA 75 listening time well spent. Just not among the 20 best ever. I can agree that there are great moments in every LZ concert. And that every top 10/20 list is created with personalized criteria. As solid “standard” performances, LA 75 doesn’t stand out as much for me, other than the beauty of the recordings.

I'd do up the setlist like

The Wanton Song

Heartbreaker
Over the Hills and Far Away

When the Levees Break
TSRTS

The Rain Song

Kashmir
No Quarter

Trampled Under Foot
Moby Dick (most from this year were pretty good)
Sick Again

Dazed cut down to about 20 minutes but still let loose for 40 on certain occasions.
Stairway

Whole Lotta Love

Black Dog
Rock and Roll

Sibly is the strange omission from the setlist on the North America tour. Either play something from each album in the main set or if your not going to do that make it the PG tour. Without sibly or something else off the third album the oft repeated plantation does not feel right.

The set list at  EC solves the issue.

love jimmys playing but roberts voice problems mean these days I tend to listen to the Vancouver gigs as my go to 75 concerts rather than New York or Nassau.

Strange as I loved my old EC cassettes.

Archived