How Well Can You Hear Audio Quality?

Sathington Willoughby

I have just scored an Arcam irDAC. It brings music to life. I great addition to my hi fi set up. It streams music from Spotify and breathes endless quality.

I've just taken my redundant Arcam Delta 90 to the local recycling centre, must be mad could have got a few bob for it if I could have been bothered to advertise it.

As for the OP, I got five out of six uncompressed WAV files, got the Coldplay one wrong.

Wow not that well apparently.... In a way it is a blessing not worry about the littlest compression or nuance. The last thing i wanna do is analyze everything I listen to...they all sounded the same to me

Wow not that well apparently.... In a way it is a blessing not worry about the littlest compression or nuance. The last thing i wanna do is analyze everything I listen to...they all sounded the same to me

Yea it's an important discussion to have, not something I lose sleep over though. I suppose you would be able to hear more differences over a longer listen, louder volumes, different equipment, songs/genres you are familiar with, etc. Lots of variables.

Archived