"Jimmy Page Rules OK! The Golden God Knows it!"

LedBenz21

Okay, this is probably going to be a rather short thread but I often wonder what the context was for this photo? It was probably from a photo shoot or something right? Was Robert told to write this on the chalkboard? Was Jimmy there too? By "golden god", although unlikely, is Robert referring to himself? Any info would be appreciated! I've always loved this photo its pretty funny seeing Robert write that about his man Jimmy. I wonder how good of friends they REALLY were...

tumblr_mgr5d8S2jJ1qlu0uvo1_500.jpg

I could be wrong but I doubt the validity of that picture, most likely the text on the blackboard was photoshopped. The reason for this is the term "rules" as an adjective was not in the vernacular until the late 80's and this pic looks like 1977 from Robert's hair and face. However, Robert's clothes look like something from the 95' P/P tour, almost like his 77' head was placed on a 95' body.

I don't know...its funky.

Okay, this is probably going to be a rather short thread but I often wonder what the context was for this photo? It was probably from a photo shoot or something right? Was Robert told to write this on the chalkboard? Was Jimmy there too? By "golden god", although unlikely, is Robert referring to himself? Any info would be appreciated! I've always loved this photo its pretty funny seeing Robert write that about his man Jimmy. I wonder how good of friends they REALLY were...

^^^

There were blackboard photos taken offstage at Tampa Stadium prior to their June 3, 1977 show. They don't match this one but it's

a start.

One of Robert Plant's nicknames is The Golden God.

Jason Bonham and Warren Grant (Peter' son) scrawled comments on the same blackboard (there is a photo).

The band also posed for a publicity photo:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/show/june-3-1977

Ok, I am confused...which one is the real deal? Or are any the real deal?

I believe everyone is out to get me...who said that?

I always feel like somebody's watching me.

And I have no privacy.
Woh, I always feel like somebody's watching me.
Who's playing tricks on me?

Who's watching me?
I don't know anymore . . . are the neighbors watching
Who's watching?
Well, it's the mailman watching me: and I don't feel safe anymore.
Tell me who's watching.
Oh, what a mess. I wonder who's watching me now,
(WHO?) the I.R.S.?

I've seen this picture before years ago, but it never had bottom quote - The Golden God Knows...

Archived