Biggest fail live

Klape

Hi !

We can say it, Led Zeppelin was an awesome live band .. most of the time .. but sometimes thing just doesn't work right. It can be interesting to see some fail moments they did. And sorry if I make mistake I'm french :angel:

Well it wasn't Led zeppelin but for Robert Plant, I think of the Live AID in 1985 when he totally stop Page in his solo on Stairway to Heaven, maybe it's the fault of one of the drummer who start the fast beat but Plant heard this repeated lick thousands of time so he knew it's wasn't the end of the solo.

Link to the video :

https://youtu.be/CBk-iRihSUg?t=8m25s

For Jimmy Page,it's definitely the solo of Ten Years Gone at Oakland in 1977, That's just horrible :

https://youtu.be/Ha11bkQGPsk?t=3m49s

I can't really think of anything really bad about Bonham and even less about John Paul Jones.

Maybe you have some fail to post ?

ahah for me that turn out to be a win, sound pretty cool ! :lol:

Link to what Bonzo_Fan is referring to :

https://youtu.be/8VYlqqzdN3c?t=2m11s

Sathington :

Oh yeah I remember that, well the whole show is a fail but Achilles Last Stand is the worst Led Zeppelin has ever done.

haha true, at least they had a reason for that one being bad, with Jimmy getting hit by the flash pot thing.

Starts at around 1:28:40.

I kinda dug the fuck up, the sparse nature of having only the drums for a few measures was interesting. I seems JPJ was the cause on this one and then Page followed. I wonder if his keys dropped out and Page went over to lend a hand? Either way they recovered nicely and I liked the change.

My problem with ALL Kashmirs' during the 80' tour was JPJ's horrid toy store keyboard sound. The fullness of the 75' & 77' mellotron is gone, replaced by a very thin sounding keyboard. Sounded like a fucking polka accordion!

I kinda dug the fuck up, the sparse nature of having only the drums for a few measures was interesting. I seems JPJ was the cause on this one and then Page followed. I wonder if his keys dropped out and Page went over to lend a hand? Either way they recovered nicely and I liked the change.

My problem with ALL Kashmirs' during the 80' tour was JPJ's horrid toy store keyboard sound. The fullness of the 75' & 77' mellotron is gone, replaced by a very thin sounding keyboard. Sounded like a fucking polka accordion!

Totally, hadn't listened to that one in a while, keyboards sound almost comical! :lol:

Right on the money there, IpMan. It sounds just like the $65 Yamaha keyboard i had growing up. Yikes!

As a whole show believe it or not most Zepxperts suggest 1/29/75 , where supposedly the band missed a flight or something and

consequently nobody got any sleep. This show is from Greensboro, NC, it is widely available(or was), and is high quality sound.

A lot of the performance is actually much worse than anything from 77' on, if you can picture that. I would try to post this stuff but

I have an iPad and I am a computer retard.

As a whole show believe it or not most Zepxperts suggest 1/29/75 , where supposedly the band missed a flight or something and

consequently nobody got any sleep. This show is from Greensboro, NC, it is widely available(or was), and is high quality sound.

A lot of the performance is actually much worse than anything from 77' on, if you can picture that. I would try to post this stuff but

I have an iPad and I am a computer retard.

Nah, Tempe and San Diego 77 are worse.

I think Tempe's Achilles wins. They were all completely off for nearly four minutes, until the solo. Even after the solo Plant comes in early.

Bonzo is unrelenting. Usually you'll hear him hesitate a little so that everyone can figure out where they're going, but here he just powers on. At the end of the song, Page is doing the outro and Bonzo just keeps going.

I'd give anything for footage of Achilles.

haha true, at least they had a reason for that one being bad, with Jimmy getting hit by the flash pot thing.

According to Jimmy's laser tech, Plant tried to kick a sparkler that someone threw off the stage, rather than falling off the stage it fell into the flashpot and ignited it while Page was standing over it.

The show is a culmination of the band's state, the atmosphere of the crowd, "technical" glitches...sort of a perfect storm. Tempe is interesting to look at given what would happen that weekend in Oakland.

Archived