1. 1. Which version do you prefer ?

• Led Zeppelin III
    • The song remains the same (New York 1973
    • How the west was won (la forum 1972)
    • Listen to this eddie (1977 la forum)
    • Knebworth 1979
    • Plant & Page Unledded (MTV 1994)
    • Celebration day (O2 Arena 2007)

Original LZ III version first, TSRTS version comes second.

If the Companion audio version is included, I would pick that as #2 but its similarity to the album master may disqualify it in some people's eyes.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 15/11/2015 at 9:42 PM, Bozoso73 said:

3/21/70. . Vancouver . . . Still months from being released and still raw and it's delivery very basic in its infancy but Percy's delivery is one of pain and it gives me goosebumps every time

You beat me to it, another ZepHead lent me his tape of various live songs, this was on it, it's now on Youtube like everything else.    Though I didn't keep the tape, I played this song over and over and never forgot the performance.  To my luck and surprise I found it on youtube, even though I didn't know the date or location.  

On the youtube version I found it is missing the intro from Plant right before the song in which he introduces it "this is a thing called, Since I've Been Loving you...let's go!"  He must have been in the mood to bring it for this version.  Powerful drumming intro and the most unique singing interpretation from Plant I have heard of the many I have heard.  I agree with you, really showcased how Plant in particular could just go in any direction lyrically at any time.  

On 26/07/2015 at 7:44 PM, Badgeholder Still said:

early days - 1973-03-19 Berlin

latter days - 1977-06-23 Los Angeles

Ah yes, 1977 for Badgeholders Only?  Maybe the most famous of all live shows.  A concert for 3 hours or so?  Every song extended beyond the originals.  No wonder they loved L.A and vice versa.

Archived