According to a news article 6/22/70 was to be broadcasted by a local radio station.

SolitudeIsBliss

I'm an Icelandic Led Zeppelin fan, I was reading a few news articles regarding the bands concert on 22 June 1970 in Laugardalshöll.

One of them stated that the first part of the concert is to be brodcasted by the local radio station. The newspaper in question is called Morgunblaðið and is fairly reliable source.

Here is a link to the article: http://www.ledzeppelin-reference.com/geekbaseweb/flairinfopage.aspx?flairid=1104

Here is the quote that states that the first part of the show is to be recorded, ''broadcasting starts at 22:30 and will last for one hour'': ''En þeir tónlistarunnendur sem ekki komast á hljómleikana geta þó glatt sig við hugulsemi Ríkisútvarpsins (Hljóðvarps), sem ætlar að senda út fyrri hluta hljómleikana beint úr höllini inn á hver heimili í landinu. Hefst útsendingin klukkan 22:30 og stendur í eina klukkustund.''

I had not heard anything about this until I read this article.

Does anyone have any more info on this ?

Great topic! Over in Steve A Jones mystery thread in the Main forum, we had brought up what the set list for this concert would look like? If you think about it, their last show was in April 1970 in Phoenix, Arizona. Then their next live date after Iceland was the major, massive Bath gig in England 5 days after Iceland's show. In between, you had the process of creating and mostly recording Zep 3. And the set lists between Phoenix and Bath are obviously different basis Zep 3 material.

Be great to know the set list for this Iceland concert, let alone getting an actual recording of the first hour broadcast, if this did happen. Did Zep perform any new Zep 3 material, excluding Since I've Been Loving You, since that was part of the set for all the 1970 shows up until Iceland? Especially curious if Immigrant Song was performed since Plant claimed the lyrics were inspired by the Iceland trip, even though the re-mastered Zep 3 shows the alternate version of Immigrant Song being recorded before the Iceland trip, on May 29, 1970.

The broadcast may not have happened but it's hard to think that there wouldn't be more of the show that was filmed.

IMO they wouldn't have set up a 16mm camera at the side of the stage just for the fragment of film we have seen so far.

That said, I am sure that the powers that be have already had the conversation with the TV station in Iceland way back in 2001/2.

That said, there is more Tous En Scene footage in the archive but this didn't surface for the 2003 DVD. So it does make you think.

I will try to contact the radio station in question but I doubt that anyone there knows anything about this. Jimmy Page probably would have also tried to contact them 15 years ago when he was gathering material for the DVD.

It is still a possibility that a recording might have been made, I mean Peter Grant didn't go with them on the trip.

Archived