Choose Jimmy Page's Next Project

Strider

What should Jimmy Page's next project be?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. What do you want Jimmy Page to do next?

• Record new music/album
    • 1975 Earls Court live release
    • Another Led Zeppelin live release of your choice
    • Reunion with The Firm

With the completion at last of the massive Led Zeppelin remastering project, our attention now turns to what is next up Jimmy Page's sleeve. I think most of us have a hankering for some new music from Jimmy...either solo or with a band. But Steve A. Jones has intimated about a possible Earls Court 1975 release...which would theoretically take up some considerable time and delay Jimmy from recording any new music even further.

I thought this would make an interesting poll topic: What do us fans want Jimmy to do next? Should he focus on putting out some new music? Or keep tending to the archives and put out an official complete Earls Court release, or some other live concert of your choosing? Or for an out-of-left-field choice...how about putting The Firm back together?

Alas, as I am still working on getting a pristine copy of the Coda box set and haven't fully listened to all of the latest reissues, I cannot help but think about what's next for Jimmy! There are so many options for him, it must be overwhelming, but above all, it would be my hope that he pursues releasing his new music on an album. I would also love the opportunity to see him playing live. I do hope we continue to hear from Jimmy, even his interviews have been such a treat!

I saw on Twitter yesterday that he is considering putting out unreleased Yardbirds circa '67-68 material in the future.

Won't happen -- ever. We already went thru this with their live material...Jimmy will want a producer's credit and Dreja/McCarty will say no.

Won't happen -- ever. We already went thru this with their live material...Jimmy will want a producer's credit and Dreja/McCarty will say no.

Yeah, he did say he would have to talk to them about it. So no go then?

Solo Album.

A Firm reunion could be very interesting. But Jimmy would have to have much more influence than he did the first time around.

It was way too dominated by Paul Rodgers, which at the time was probably necessary..

Another go round with David Coverdale would be pretty cool as well ... and maybe something with Chris Robinson.. or maybe something with Chris Cornell...

Hmm I don't have a guess. His answers have been so vague and evasive - even for Page.

Part of me thinks he doesn't even know himself and this why we're getting answers that are
going around in circle.

He says he doesn't have a singer or musicians lined up, so that makes the whole recording an
album and performing live a bit errrrr for me.

Maybe secretly JP, RP, JPJ and Bonham Jr. are busying recording, writing and producing new music.
Sigh....*Kelly get off your dream cloud and come back to reality*

It's really a wait and see game at this point for me

No go. Page will want a producer's credit to do it but Dreja/McCarty won't allow him to have a producer's credit on any Yardbirds release.

I can understand Dreja and McCarty's stance. Page wasn't the producer of record when the music was recorded so why should he claim a producer's credit now? I can't see Mickie Most's estate agreeing to it either. I'm a Jimmy Page fan but, I get the impression that he doesn't always_in the words of my former elementary school teachers_ play well with others.

Hi Sean!

NEW MUSIC of course, but it would be great to hear him with Paul Rodgers together again. Paul's voice is as strong as it was back in the Free days IMHO!

Honestly, whatever motivates him to insert guitar strap over shoulder, fingers on strings.... :)

Jimmy needs to cement his legacy as an artist for the 21st century. His legacy as the founder and leader of Zeppelin is set in stone.

I hope Jimmy sets a course for new shores...not another Zep release, certainly not a Firm reunion (Paul Rodgers is so limited in vocals

and vision), and no reunion with Robert and John Paul would ever be possible.

So, Jimmy please get to doing what you should have been doing years ago - be an active artist.

Not sure what the knock on Paul Rodgers is all about - although I have seen people say they can't stand Bad Company, and the attempt at fronting Queen was a bad fit. The Firm was a successful collaboration, and they wouldn't have to just do old Firm songs for a reunion. A new album, with new songs and covers of a few from the 1930's to 1960's era would be totally feasible. Just give credit to the right people, already.

Not sure what the knock on Paul Rodgers is all about - although I have seen people say they can't stand Bad Company, and the attempt at fronting Queen was a bad fit. The Firm was a successful collaboration, and they wouldn't have to just do old Firm songs for a reunion. A new album, with new songs and covers of a few from the 1930's to 1960's era would be totally feasible. Just give credit to the right people, already.

Speaking for myself, Paul Rodgers is one of the most consistent singers in rock and roll.. He's an amazing talent.. No gripes at all about him..

I just wouldn't want to see Jimmy involved in a Paul Rodgers dominated project..HE TENDS TO TAKE OVER FROM WHAT I SEE..

Like I said, back in 1985 it was probably necessary.. I just wouldn't want to see that happening now.. I want to see Jimmy do something that's out there and not standard Rock and Roll.

The Firm, as good as it was wasn't really a groundbreaker except for a couple of exceptions.. "You've Lost That Loving Feeling" was done plenty well by many many others....

IMO Death Wish 2 was a serious groundbreaker musically..

But if they did decide to work together, I would be very excited to hear what they came up with..

Doesn't Page have a house in Brazil? Maybe he should collaborate with one of the Brazilian acoustic guitarists.

Jimmy would have to seriously practice to get his chops up to hang with those amazing Brazilians.

Jimmy would have to seriously practice to get his chops up to hang with those amazing Brazilians.

Yes, he would. I'm thinking of the Assad family (no relation to the Syrian dictator!). I don't know if the father is still performing but I know that at least one of his sons and a daughter are still recording and performing. And you're right, they're all amazing.

Archived