Earl's Court official release ?

appiantiqua

Man, an official EC release would be the best IMO. By EC Robert's voice had improved considerably and was close to late 73' level, though he still struggled with the highs when he tried to belt them out. However, he seemed to have little issue with the highs on the acoustic numbers where he just sang instead of screamed. All in all, EC is Zeppelin at their peak even if Robert is a bit wanting at times.

Jimmy, JPJ, & Bonzo are incendiary, beyond on fire. D&C plus NQ and Kashmir are alone worth the effort.

As much as I would love an official release of this, let's face it, it's been 40 years & it's still not released. My advice is to pick up a version of this, if you can, while they are still floating around.

I am torn, while it would be cool for Jimmy to do this, he needs to get on with some new music & start moving forward, while he can.

While its fun to speculate, I really don't see Jimmy bothering with this for a long time, if ever. I just pray that there are high quality Japanese tour recordings in his possession and he addresses them in the future. But seriously doubt it

While its fun to speculate, I really don't see Jimmy bothering with this for a long time, if ever. I just pray that there are high quality Japanese tour recordings in his possession and he addresses them in the future. But seriously doubt it

Agreed. And I hope he spends his time on other shows (if there really are any left that could be released).

Forget a professional release of Earls Court. You know Page would just butcher the hell out of it. Look at the travesty of some of the bonus tracks on the reissues. La La is a cut-down version of an actual unheard song, with the vocals removed. Some of those other instrumentals probably also had vocals on them that we still won't get to hear. What a wasted opportunity.

Just leak the Earls Court multitrack transfers that Kevin Shirley did in 2003 and be done with it. No need for yet another Page-sanctioned edit-job to present shows as better than they actually were. We already know the shows have lots of f'ups. Just let us hear them in decent balance already, as opposed to the off-balance video soundtracks.

Just leak the Earls Court multitrack transfers that Kevin Shirley did in 2003 and be done with it. No need for yet another Page-sanctioned edit-job to present shows as better than they actually were. We already know the shows have lots of f'ups. Just let us hear them in decent balance already, as opposed to the off-balance video soundtracks.

But those (now digitized) multi-tracks would need to be mixed first, would they not?

I don't think Jimmy is even thinking about a future live release at this point, we don't know where exactly the rumour that he was even originated from (our own Steve A. Jones and Led Zeppelin News must have got the info from somewhere or someone), if anything he's probably having a bit of down time right now before starting work on his solo project. After that itch has been scratched, Jimmy will inevitably return to the love of his life, namely Led Zeppelin, he always does... and then he'll see what's in the live vaults and if it's worth the time and effort to mix and release. Earl's Court is obviously the frontrunner for an official release, but Japan '71-'72 would be a close second, and I believe it was considered at one point a few years back, but we already have an official live document of 1972 so Earl's Court would be my preference by far if any potential future live release was seriously pondered.

But that's a few years away at the very least, until then, the remasters will do very nicely thank you.

I certainly would love to have an official release, but Page really has to avoid sanitizing whatever comes out like on HTWWW. Remember

the two guitars on the Ocean, replaced solo fragments, WTF ??? Zep was known as live without a net. As great as the actual energy and

performance is of HTWWW, I can't listen to it. Why, oh why can't Page outsource anything ?? Everybody knows about his erratic playing

style, like he's going to magically erase everybody's memory ?? It's so silly.

agreed. when I saw it at the cinema my friend had to leave before the end as it was making him feel sick. It doesn't make me feel that way but I do find it frustrating that we can't have a steady shot for more than a second or two

Archived