New Orleans August 29, 2971

hunter19877

Is there a recording of this show? Someone requested it and i would really lov eto find it because this is one of the rare ones i dont have. I did some research and couldnt find a straight answer as to if there even is a recording of the show or not. Any help
??

Is there a recording of this show? Someone requested it and i would really lov eto find it because this is one of the rare ones i dont have. I did some research and couldnt find a straight answer as to if there even is a recording of the show or not. Any help

??

There IS a recording of this show but it is NOT in circulation, and probably never will be. The same guy who taped the 1973 New Orleans show and the 1975 Baton Rouge show (both of which circulate) also taped NOLA '71 and Baton Rouge '77 but before he died a couple years ago he only gave out copies of those recordings to a handful of people he knew, apparently swearing them to secrecy about them (which didn't stop the taper and some of these folks from discussing specifics about the shows online). It's a long and sordid story that has pretty much passed into Zeppelin tape collecting lore over the years...

If you want the full lowdown, Hunter, become a free member at the t r a d e r s d e n website and read the following forum discussions in this order:

"Where Do All These New Sources Of Old Zeppelin Shows Come From?", "Freezer's Revenge" and "The Latest News From Japan". I guarantee you that reading those discussions will be a real eye opener...

There IS a recording of this show but it is NOT in circulation, and probably never will be. The same guy who taped the 1973 New Orleans show and the 1975 Baton Rouge show (both of which circulate) also taped NOLA '71 and Baton Rouge '77 but before he died a couple years ago he only gave out copies of those recordings to a handful of people he knew, apparently swearing them to secrecy about them (which didn't stop the taper and some of these folks from discussing specifics about the shows online). It's a long and sordid story that has pretty much passed into Zeppelin tape collecting lore over the years...

If you want the full lowdown, Hunter, become a free member at the t r a d e r s d e n website and read the following forum discussions in this order:

"Where Do All These New Sources Of Old Zeppelin Shows Come From?", "Freezer's Revenge" and "The Latest News From Japan". I guarantee you that reading those discussions will be a real eye opener...

what have you heard about the Baton Rouge 1977 show? so it is out there in the inner circles?

I think we'll continue to get new stuff it's just going to take some time. Think of all the old cassette tapes and/or super 8MM film stock that's in grandmas attic or basement.

I came across a tape of me & my buddies from 1986 and it was a real gas to listen to. But fear that if someone else had found it & not put the time in to actually listen to it; it would have automatically gone into the trash.

Kids today wont have the patience to track down a cassette player or film projector or go to the store to have film actually reprinted or developed.

My grail is stuff from Iceland - I'm hopeful that in a vault somewhere in Reykjavik is some (more) killer 16mm B&W film along with a couple of reels of 1/4 inch tape!

Thanks for the info! Yes i have been researching this show and i read about the Mr Freezer guy who apparently is the only person who recorded this show, but never released it. So i guess we will never get to hear it. Unless Jimmy decides to put it out (which i doubt) I was just upset that i could help someone out by giving them this show. I know i don't have every single show they ever did because there are just some show that were not recorded (which sucks!) But at least, through the years, We have come to find out that most of their shows WERE recorded! So I am definitely happy with that!

Thanks for the info! Yes i have been researching this show and i read about the Mr Freezer guy who apparently is the only person who recorded this show, but never released it. So i guess we will never get to hear it. Unless Jimmy decides to put it out (which i doubt) I was just upset that i could help someone out by giving them this show. I know i don't have every single show they ever did because there are just some show that were not recorded (which sucks!) But at least, through the years, We have come to find out that most of their shows WERE recorded! So I am definitely happy with that!

What are with these nutters anyway? Why would anyone go to the trouble of taping a show, possibly getting arrested or have your ass kicked by Richard Cole, just to hang on to it for personal use? Really, people like that must have some serious issues. If I were a bootlegger I would do it either for the cash or just to make available for free to other fans. Only a true asshole would tape and horde; or at least, if you are going to do this why let anyone know you did it? It reminds me of those assholes who buy a $10,000,000 Rembrandt and lock it away in a private viewing room just for themselves.

What are with these nutters anyway? Why would anyone go to the trouble of taping a show, possibly getting arrested or have your ass kicked by Richard Cole, just to hang on to it for personal use? Really, people like that must have some serious issues. If I were a bootlegger I would do it either for the cash or just to make available for free to other fans. Only a true asshole would tape and horde; or at least, if you are going to do this why let anyone know you did it? It reminds me of those assholes who buy a $10,000,000 Rembrandt and lock it away in a private viewing room just for themselves.

Yeah i really dont understand this. I would never just tape an awesome show and hide it away all for myself and then tell everyone about it like "Im an asshole!" in your face! LOL What the fuck! Just like i do on my YouTube page, Share Led Zeppelin concerts for other fans like me to enjoy! I never want anything in return, I dont want money or anything i just want people to enjoy them! I want to help people who were like me before i had my collection. I remember it was really hard to find all these concerts! I just want to try and help make it a little bit easier for people. I will never horde my collection, I will do everything i can to share it with the world of zep fans like us all here!!!!!

Yeah i really dont understand this. I would never just tape an awesome show and hide it away all for myself and then tell everyone about it like "Im an asshole!" in your face! LOL What the fuck! Just like i do on my YouTube page, Share Led Zeppelin concerts for other fans like me to enjoy! I never want anything in return, I dont want money or anything i just want people to enjoy them! I want to help people who were like me before i had my collection. I remember it was really hard to find all these concerts! I just want to try and help make it a little bit easier for people. I will never horde my collection, I will do everything i can to share it with the world of zep fans like us all here!!!!!

That is why people like you are awesome, and I mean that sincerely. Thank you and others like you who share the love of the music.

what have you heard about the Baton Rouge 1977 show? so it is out there in the inner circles?

Freezer gave out copies of either his whole recording or at the very least a sample of tracks from it to about half a dozen people about ten years ago or so. In 2008 he was prepared to circulate the show (among other uncirculated goodies, a couple of 1975 Stones shows among them) until a bootleg company caught wind of it.

I think we'll continue to get new stuff it's just going to take some time. Think of all the old cassette tapes and/or super 8MM film stock that's in grandmas attic or basement.

Kids today wont have the patience to track down a cassette player or film projector or go to the store to have film actually reprinted or developed.

Kids, no, but ask forum member Jabe the story of how he found the 8 track master tapes of an alternate Birmingham 1977 recording about thirty five years after the fact. He had the tapes professionally transfered then sent the transfer to me to clean up the audio- this is how that source was circulated to the masses.

Freezers revenge

Unforgettable

That it was, and I never heard about it until a couple of years after. Not only is the whole saga one of the most disgusting stories of backstabbing and downright fuckery in the tape trading hobby I've ever heard, it's enough to make a cynical man even that much more cynical about life...

I was actually surprised that there wasn't a flood of new-to-circulation Freezer recordings come out of the woodwork after he died, but I guess the folks he gave the copies to decided to obey his wished to keep them to themselves even after his death. Fair enough. I bet at least a few will leak sooner or later. I freely admit if I was one of those people I'd have shared those recordings out in a New York minute!

Difference with Freezer's tapes was he got burned by other traders and bootleggers so many times that it just made him sour on the hobby and not want to share out his stuff anymore. Hey, he made the recordings, they were his to do with as he wished.

Freezer gave out copies of either his whole recording or at the very least a sample of tracks from it to about half a dozen people about ten years ago or so. In 2008 he was prepared to circulate the show (among other uncirculated goodies, a couple of 1975 Stones shows among them) until a bootleg company caught wind of it.

Kids, no, but ask forum member Jabe the story of how he found the 8 track master tapes of an alternate Birmingham 1977 recording about thirty five years after the fact. He had the tapes professionally transfered then sent the transfer to me to clean up the audio- this is how that source was circulated to the masses.

That it was, and I never heard about it until a couple of years after. Not only is the whole saga one of the most disgusting stories of backstabbing and downright fuckery in the tape trading hobby I've ever heard, it's enough to make a cynical man even that much more cynical about life...

I was actually surprised that there wasn't a flood of new-to-circulation Freezer recordings come out of the woodwork after he died, but I guess the folks he gave the copies to decided to obey his wished to keep them to themselves even after his death. Fair enough. I bet at least a few will leak sooner or later. I freely admit if I was one of those people I'd have shared those recordings out in a New York minute!

Difference with Freezer's tapes was he got burned by other traders and bootleggers so many times that it just made him sour on the hobby and not want to share out his stuff anymore. Hey, he made the recordings, they were his to do with as he wished.

thank you for the reply.

That is why people like you are awesome, and I mean that sincerely. Thank you and others like you who share the love of the music.

Thanks a lot i really appreciate that! I will not stop! I will always be sharing my collection where ever i can! Always check in on the youtube page because i am always putting new shows up. Thanks again mate cheers to ya!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of speaking to Freezer a few times and he was a wealth of knowledge when it came to music in general.  As for his Zep recordings I doubt we'll ever see them.  He wasn't happy with the quality of the recordings which is why he didn't circulate them.  Besides the drama surrounding Freezer's Revenge didn't help matters at all.  It's definitely worth a read if you want to be disgusted with what can and hopefully will never happen again in the trading circles.

• 2 weeks later...

Nutrocker can you send me these alternate recordings you speak of??? it would be greatly appreciated! 

I second that!

TOPS view to have. Well done.

Thank you guys so much! Ireally appreciate it! It feels good to know that i have and am helping people out. Thats all i want! Is to make it easier to find these concerts, all in one plave! Idk how many of you all know but i have created a blog where  am making available every known available led zep concert bootleg Here http://longliveledzeppelin.blogspot.com/. You guys are great tho thank you! everyone i have shared this with says its great and theyre thankful, some people tell me keep it up and dont stop, stuff like wow awesome thank you. But today i got some asshole trying to hate on me for no reason at all but to try and start drama, He wa snot appreciative at all, just trying to tell me i am a thief pretty much/ Well screw them! Thank you guys!

Archived