Foo Fighters Joined By Led Zeppelin & Queen Members For “Under Pressure” Performance

sam_webmaster

• Administrators
by  - 
foofightersqueenzeppelin-700x382.jpg

Foo Fighters were joined by Queen drummer Roger Taylor and Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones for an epic performance of “Under Pressure” at the Milton Keynes National Bowl last night, with the musicians forming a ‘super-duper-group.’ Jones played keys, and Taylor drummed, while Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins sang vocals.

Grohl said, “Now look, I don’t know if ya’ll ever seen a supergroup, this is a super-duper-group. I don’t even know what to say, because this kind of shit does not happen every day. Let me just tell you that the Foo Fighters right now are living out our rock and roll fantasy with you tonight, wouldn’t you say?

Taylor Hawkins agreed, “Fuckin’ aye.” Hawkins then told Roger Taylor to “go for it, you’re in charge.”

Dave Grohl said that Queen were the first band to perform at Milton Keynes, so it was fitting that Taylor was joining them. The performance also was a semi-Them Crooked Vultures reunion for Grohl and John Paul Jones.

http://www.alternativenation.net/foo-fighters-joined-by-led-zeppelin-queen-members-for-under-pressure-performance/

John Paul also played with Brian May in 2012 at something called the Sunflower Festival at the Royal Albert Hall ... along with Deep Purple great Ian Paice, Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson and Brian Auger. 

Yes that was one of the best line-ups ever.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lsfeFkocjMQ

Btw. how can I post youtube videos in this new forum?

Fantastic off-the-cuff performance of "Under Pressure", one of my favourite Queen songs.

More proof that Dave Grohl is indefatigable and seemingly everywhere and with everyone. Just as long as John Paul Jones doesn't ask Dave to sing on his opera. 

Always liked Queen and Under Pressure is a great song. This performance was really good! Saw the video appear on FaceBook.

I also have been looking into some Them Crooked Voltures stuff lately, on Spotify. Hope they get together again one day, I'm beginning to really like them. 

Definitely always nice to see him out and about playing! :thumbsup:

Just wondering why you changed 'Jonesy' in my original post to 'jonsey' when quoting me in response?

Yes that was one of the best line-ups ever.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/lsfeFkocjMQ

Btw. how can I post youtube videos in this new forum?

It doesn't seem to be working for me either. See Sam's post here and hopefully that helps.

Just wondering why you changed 'Jonesy' in my original post to 'jonsey' when quoting me in response?

It doesn't seem to be working for me either. See Sam's post here and hopefully that helps.

Was having trouble with the quote function last night and had to retype what you said, and made a spelling error, sorry about that.

Was having trouble with the quote function last night and had to retype what you said, and made a spelling error, sorry about that.

Oh it's all right, no apologies necessary :) I've had my own left turns to lost roads when editing with the new upgraded forum features (in this very thread, among others). I was just genuinely curious how it happened. Thanks for clearing it up :beer:

We've had a bit more news about Jonesy of late. Hopefully it bodes well for some new music or shows soon!

Archived