2015 NHL season

LedZeppfan77

On 1/26/2016 at 8:43 PM, LedZeppfan77 said:

We were tied at 3-3 and as soon as I signed in here its 4-3 Rangers.  Unreal.  Two assists for Eichel.  I still like where we are going as a team

Blue shirts scored goals 4 & 5 quickly, it was a good game. I haven't had much time to watch many games yet this season. But I'm thinking that's going to change, I'm starting to get that hockey Jones...watched a good portion of the Blue Jackets win over the Habs tonight.

Jack Eichel is back in the Calder trophy race as pointed out by CBS,.  The kid is really going to be a monster.  Already is showing his tremendous talent.  And Ristolainen is going to be the best defenseman this league has seen since Lidstrom.  Yes I am going to make the comparison right now.  He can skate.  He can shoot.  He can hit.  He makes smart decisions clearing the zone.  he is the full package.  Did anyone see the Sabres win in Ottawa?  The end?  The Ottawa team and fans were cheering thinking they had tied the game.  But replay showed the clock struck 0 before the puck crossed the line.  SABRES WIN!!!!  And Strider, your fucking Kings jammed my ass last night blowing a 2-0 lead.  Second time in a week they have crashed and burned after having a comfortable lead.  

If anyone understands what will happen tomorrow in this "All Star game or games" do post.  I have no clue  I looked at 4 rosters.  I do not get how they are doing this.  The over and under on the games is 15 1/2.  Which tells you no checking, and no defense.  Skate and shoot.  Not much respect for the goalies.

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I hate what they've done to the All-Star game so I won't be watching.

The great thing about the skills comp is , fans ( kids expecially ) get to put a face with the name on the jersey, and to some extent you even get to understand the personalities of the players.

PK dressing up like Jagr with the mullet wig was classic.

39 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

I like the 3 on 3 . Very fun to watch the back and forth. 

Agree 100%. Absolutely riveting end-to-end, edge of your seat, nail biting, fist pumping, yelling at your TV action. Of course, goalie % will never be as high as they once were. That and the shoot-out are heavily weighted against any form of D. Luckily only one goal seals the win. O has the fans cheering, but D still wins it all. I don't think they have the three-on-three in the playoffs yet, just four-on-four, but I wonder how long before the switch is made?

I also enjoyed the 3 on 3 Games. Luongo was amazing in nets, was fun to watch.

There is no 4 on 4 in the Playoffs, standard 5 on 5, first goal wins, no matter how long it takes.

3 on 3 exists for only the Regular Season of Overtime, if still tied then it goes to 3 man Shootout, neither carry over into the post-season.

I must admit I really loved this years all star game format.   The 3 on 3 was great.  How in the hell does a game end 1-0?  Unreal?   I mean, the over and under was 12 1/2 on the game.  In Vegas you could have made a fortune predicting a shut out in an all star game.  Fucking unheard of. No checking or hitting, and nothing but skate an shoot and fucking obliterated!  Shut out!!!!!  And against one Jonathan Quick who has been less than stellar of recent.  Giving up two horrible third period comebacks in two weeks.   Though I am not saying the Kings are doing bad, far from it.  They are doing great.  But a shut out, shared of course, is unheard of in an all star event  The football al star game is the biggest joke on Earth.  Watching a bunch of over paid millionaires play beach ball in Hawaii where the average Joe not only cannot afford to go, let alone get a seat at a game like that. Who would want to watch Mike Irvin makes a jackass  out of himself coaching touch football.  And that is what it basically was.  They do not hit anymore.  Gee, we  would not want one of those billion dollar babies hurt. 

The Leafs are tied for dead last with several other cellar dwellers, and I couldn't be happier. That used to be from the insanity of cheering for a hopeless team, but there's a strategy for success in place now, and it is being executed just as Shanny, Babs, and Lou Lam have said they would. To that end, captain Dion Phaneuf and his albatross contract have been traded to the Sens. So now that's Clarkson, Kessell, and Phaneuf gone from the previous regime, three 'core' players with whom my beloved Blue & White went exactly nowhere ("Thanks" Burke and Nonis...). Not only that, their bloated $19+M in annual salaries has been trimmed to about $1.3M (we absorbed some of Kessell's salary to get rid of him).  So not only did we clear cap space and not pay any of Dion's contract, we actually got a decent prospect and a second round pick in return (some filler players were also exchanged to match salaries). We are even weaker for this season means we are only stronger for the draft. Plus, we have enough cap space to try and lure hometown star Stamkos. YESSS!!!

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/lou-lamoniello-says-dion-phaneuf-trade--certainly-wasn-t-for-today-192529672.html

Rick, I may as well buy you that pint now. To get better, we just got worse and I'm thrilled. 

:thumbsup:

KazBC0e.png

Weeeeeeeeeeee!

tumblr_nmvfdjk0CV1ti2zrho1_250.gif

The Leafs have also released a new retro inspired logo which will be used officially starting next season. The new unis will be revealed at the upcoming draft. This is such a beautiful leaf - I've always loved the more ornate designs of years past - and this is a tribute to our history as we celebrate the team's upcoming 100th anniversary and usher in a new era. *misty eyed*

Maple Leafs Unveil New Logo

Tuesday, 02.2.2016 / 10:18 PM ET / News
Toronto Maple Leafs

logos_b-w_620x350.jpg

As the Toronto Maple Leafs and its legion of fans prepare to celebrate the club’s Centennial season, the franchise unveiled a new logo tonight that will serve as the team’s primary mark beginning with the 2016-17 season. The logo, introduced to fans in tonight’s episode of ‘The Leaf: Blueprint’, was inspired by the classic Maple Leaf worn by the team from the 1940’s to the 1960’s, regarded by many as the most iconic and popular logo in team history.

As an organization, we wanted to get back to our roots, when Conn Smythe first changed the team logo to the Maple Leaf in 1927,” said Brendan Shanahan, Toronto Maple Leafs President and Alternate Governor. “Inspired by the badge that he and his fellow Canadian soldiers wore during World War I, Smythe wanted his team to wear the badge with ‘honour, pride and courage. This is our goal for the next chapter in Leafs history. We are committed to restoring the Toronto Maple Leafs to a proud and prominent place and this classic logo will connect the team’s championship legacy with an exciting and proud future for our players, our city and for our fans.”

Inspired by the classic Leafs logo of the 1940’s to 1960’s, the club’s new mark has a number of design characteristics that distinguish it, including:

The new Maple Leaf has 31 points, a nod to the year 1931 and a defining moment in team history with the opening of Maple Leaf Gardens. The new logo maintains a strong connection to the classic Leafs logo of the past while offering a fresh take on it for the future.

The new badge contains a total of 17 veins, representing the year the franchise was founded (1917), and includes 13 veins at the top of the crest to commemorate the club’s Stanley Cup Championships.

• The outline, seen in the most recent version of this Maple Leaf from 1963-67, has been removed to create a cleaner, bolder look.

The Maple Leafs will unveil the team’s new uniforms incorporating the logo at the 2016 NHL Draft to be held June 24-25 in Buffalo, New York.

In keeping with past traditions, the Toronto Marlies will also adopt the Maple Leaf’s new mark which will incorporate the historic Marlies crown into the logo.

http://mapleleafs.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=807338

leafslogo.jpg

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/toronto-maple-leafs-unveil-new-logo-for-2016-17-season/

On February 15, 2016 at 7:49 PM, zepscoda said:

Wheels off upstairs at the Garden tonight. 2 fights in the first minute of the game.

Let's go Rangers!

2016-02-14-18-28-26-1~2.jpg

Love this!!!   I too hate the Flyers.  I see the Rangers took care of them.  Washington looks mighty tough.  In the West the Kings and Hawks as usual are tough as hell.  St Louis is heating up.  I really think tonight's game is a possible preview to the finals.  Wash vs Kings.  My boy Jack Eichel is really starting to impress.  Check out the highlight reel goal the other night he scored on Colorado.  

5 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

Love this!!!   I too hate the Flyers.  I see the Rangers took care of them.  Washington looks mighty tough.  In the West the Kings and Hawks as usual are tough as hell.  St Louis is heating up.  I really think tonight's game is a possible preview to the finals.  Wash vs Kings.  My boy Jack Eichel is really starting to impress.  Check out the highlight reel goal the other night he scored on Colorado.  

Caps took care of the Kings tonight. I missed it, got out of the office late. Stars are taking the Blues into OT right now.

Rangers vs The Blackhawks tomorrow!!! I can't wait.

Archived