2015 NHL season

LedZeppfan77

The season starts soon and my Sabres have themselves some new weapons including one Jack Eichel, the kid from Boston University and the 2nd pick behind the highly ranked McDavid.  Both should be instant superstars.  I think we will score a ton of goals.  I worry about the goalie situation though.  I have my tickets to see the Sabres and Sharks in Nov.  Zepscoda, I expect Lindy to get Dallas in this year.  I have a fantasy draft tonight.  Eichel, Teresenko, Bacches and McDavid all high on my list.  Oh, and Jamie Benn too.  

Leafs have stocked up on new players and, very finally, new management and coaching. Steep learning curve is coming. So I will be stocking up on suds to get through what will likely be a long season. Still, it's a brand new era, and that is reason enough for now to celebrate. 

Leafs have stocked up on new players and, very finally, new management and coaching. Steep learning curve is coming. So I will be stocking up on suds to get through what will likely be a long season. Still, it's a brand new era, and that is reason enough for now to celebrate. 

My Sabres beat them 4-0 and Eichel had two.  I have high hopes for this Buffalo team that will  rise 

My Sabres beat them 4-0 and Eichel had two.  I have high hopes for this Buffalo team that will  rise 

Pre-season, Rick... Take 'em while you can, I guess. I stopped watching after the third goal. Dion is still watching the puck after all these years, brick brain. I'll be shocked if Babs can turn him around. If he has a good stretch, I hope they trade him for some quality assets with hockey IQ.

Care for a friendly wager? Say, a 6-pack for the team with a less shitty record by the end of the year? :slapshot::black_eye::beer:

Pre-season, Rick... Take 'em while you can, I guess. I stopped watching after the third goal. Dion is still watching the puck after all these years, brick brain. I'll be shocked if Babs can turn him around. If he has a good stretch, I hope they trade him for some quality assets with hockey IQ.

Care for a friendly wager? Say, a 6-pack for the team with a less shitty record by the end of the year? :slapshot::black_eye::beer:

OK, let me get this right?  Are you doubting the ability of this kid Eichel?  Tell me you are not.  There are highlight clips all over the place already showing him beat veterans going coast to coast.  He is going to be a beast.  He is a beast.  And we have plenty to go with him.  Like Reinhart, Kane, O'Reilly, McCain, Tyler Ennis, Gionta, Moulson, just to name a few and on D Begosian and Ristolainan will help big time.  The best and fastest rebuild in progress right now.  I am not saying we are going to go far this year.  But give us a couple of years and look out.  Way ahead of Toronto on the mend.  The Leafs have done nothing even  close to the Sabres in this dept.  Get used to being spanked as usual by Buffalo

Have my tickets for the Sharks game in Nov

OK, let me get this right?  Are you doubting the ability of this kid Eichel?  Tell me you are not.  There are highlight clips all over the place already showing him beat veterans going coast to coast.  He is going to be a beast.  He is a beast.  And we have plenty to go with him.  Like Reinhart, Kane, O'Reilly, McCain, Tyler Ennis, Gionta, Moulson, just to name a few and on D Begosian and Ristolainan will help big time.  The best and fastest rebuild in progress right now.  I am not saying we are going to go far this year.  But give us a couple of years and look out.  Way ahead of Toronto on the mend.  The Leafs have done nothing even  close to the Sabres in this dept.  Get used to being spanked as usual by Buffalo

Have my tickets for the Sharks game in Nov

Well it's not so much doubt in Eichel as a renewed faith in the Shanny/Lou/Babs era. The old boys club is gone. Whoever does not buy into the system is gone. So what do you say? Suds for the fan whose team has a better record at the end of this season :D

p.s. Have fun at the game. 

Well it's not so much doubt in Eichel as a renewed faith in the Shanny/Lou/Babs era. The old boys club is gone. Whoever does not buy into the system is gone. So what do you say? Suds for the fan whose team has a better record at the end of this season :D

p.s. Have fun at the game. 

It could be another long year for both of our teams Pat but I hope I am wrong.  I know we are going to score a ton of goals.  But I do not know this goalie and we are in full rebuild mode.  Murray and Bylsma have said they are going to make it a fast rebuild.  But the reality is we are likely looking at a 3 year window to be contenders again.  In hockey you just do not know however.  We could surprise.  Maybe sneak into a low seed.  But as far as going anywhere deep, we are not there but we have a great foundation of youth led by Eichel. 

Opening day is tomorrow night.  I know the Leafs and Canadians go at it in the oldest rivalry on ice.  I do not think Montreal will be as good.  Tomorrow night I will go out on a limb and pick Rangers over Hawks, Vancouver over Calgary and the Kings over Sharks.  My boys open Thurs vs the hated Ottawa Senators.  My best bet Thurs will be Tampa to destroy the Flyers

It could be another long year for both of our teams Pat but I hope I am wrong.  I know we are going to score a ton of goals.  But I do not know this goalie and we are in full rebuild mode.  Murray and Bylsma have said they are going to make it a fast rebuild.  But the reality is we are likely looking at a 3 year window to be contenders again.  In hockey you just do not know however.  We could surprise.  Maybe sneak into a low seed.  But as far as going anywhere deep, we are not there but we have a great foundation of youth led by Eichel. 

Opening day is tomorrow night.  I know the Leafs and Canadians go at it in the oldest rivalry on ice.  I do not think Montreal will be as good.  Tomorrow night I will go out on a limb and pick Rangers over Hawks, Vancouver over Calgary and the Kings over Sharks.  My boys open Thurs vs the hated Ottawa Senators.  My best bet Thurs will be Tampa to destroy the Flyers

Rick I've already been yelling at my TV, and it's only pre-season! Eichel is a blue chip C prospect, no doubt, so at least it'll be fun to watch him mesmerise opponents as his skills and confidence grow. You have a good new coach, too. Our goalie situation is ever fluid, but I think Lou will be making changes for a top-flight goalie if one of Bernier/Reimer doesn't step up. Lou likes his teams from the goalie out, and he likes that to be the strongest position, which is why I'm already dreading our home opener against the hated rivals Habs (boooooo!); Price had an amazing year last year. 

This WILL be a painful season, but I'm taking the long view because of the new leadership. Speaking of leadership, Dion is a bad example... can't wait till we trade him for some prospects and a bag of pucks.

Calgary has the best defense (arguably) in the NHL going in to this season. I'd rethink betting against them, but it's early so maybe they need more time to gel...

I hate the Sens, so best of luck against them :)

I used to like the Pens, but now that douchebag Kessel has been traded there, I'm conflicted slightly...

Anyway, looking forward to another season on ice!

^ No BERNIER is off to a typical start, which is why the fans gave him the raspberry cheer, but the Leafs are already showing signs of a new system on D especially, and how it translates into O. The two penalties, though, are a carry over from dumb plays of yesteryear. In both cases, the Habs player was nowhere near the puck, dummies.

That Carey Price special in intermission was heart warming wow :'(. GREAT example for all kids, but especially those in the First Nations communities :thumbsup:

^ No BERNIER is off to a typical start, which is why the fans gave him the raspberry cheer, but the Leafs are already showing signs of a new system on D especially, and how it translates into O. The two penalties, though, are a carry over from dumb plays of yesteryear. In both cases, the Habs player was nowhere near the puck, dummies.

That Carey Price special in intermission was heart warming wow :'(. GREAT example for all kids, but especially those in the First Nations communities :thumbsup:

Please tell me they will not resort to the New Jersey trap?  You want excitement?  You want to see 8-7 games.  Watch my Sabres this year.  Jack Eichel and the boys will light the lamp often.  But unfortunately for us to contend we must also get the guys to keep it out.  But we will be exciting and I predict will be the most improved team point wise in the league

Please tell me they will not resort to the New Jersey trap?  You want excitement?  You want to see 8-7 games.  Watch my Sabres this year.  Jack Eichel and the boys will light the lamp often.  But unfortunately for us to contend we must also get the guys to keep it out.  But we will be exciting and I predict will be the most improved team point wise in the league

No, why would you think that? Lou is the GM not the coach. Babcock's system is a puck possession one, getting it out of D zone quickly and pressuring O and when without the puck. Lots of set plays and mobility. Price picked up where he left off. 'Moral' victory tonight as we played far better as a unit the first game than most of last year.

I don't think many people associate the Sabres with excitement. Chi and Rangers, moreso. Still waiting on your response to my bet challenge...

No, why would you think that? Lou is the GM not the coach. Babcock's system is a puck possession one, getting it out of D zone quickly and pressuring O and when without the puck. Lots of set plays and mobility. Price picked up where he left off. 'Moral' victory tonight as we played far better as a unit the first game than most of last year.

I don't think many people associate the Sabres with excitement. Chi and Rangers, moreso. Still waiting on your response to my bet challenge...

You are sooooo on.  Most people and media have Jack Eichel and Buffalo in their articles and say the Sabres will be fun to watch.  I have not seen one report of the Leafs being fun to watch.  We will smoke you

So I guess we meet in downtown Buffalo at a Sabres game?  We will see.  I am going to be at the Sharks game in November.  Have tickets.  100 level.  Jackl Eichel starts what should be a glorious career tomorrow.

You are sooooo on.  Most people and media have Jack Eichel and Buffalo in their articles and say the Sabres will be fun to watch.  I have not seen one report of the Leafs being fun to watch.  We will smoke you

So I guess we meet in downtown Buffalo at a Sabres game?  We will see.  I am going to be at the Sharks game in November.  Have tickets.  100 level.  Jackl Eichel starts what should be a glorious career tomorrow.

:thumbsup: Excellent! Understand, it's not about winning a game between our two teams, it's about which team has the higher point total at the end of the season. 

To get 100 levels in Toronto you have to sell your first born. Amazing what a difference a couple of hours' drive makes. There was that one year Florida was practically giving away tickets, family packages and the like for peanuts. 

In other hockey related topics, what kind of special idiot is Torres? Suspended for 41 games for his latest hit. Another brick brain. Goodbye NHL career.

And someone in Leafs management quietly went to NHL brass last season to disclose cocaine use in the Leafs locker room and on other teams as well. No wonder there's a complete regime change for the Leafs. Then again, it's no wonder that coke use sprung up. With the way they were playing last season, you'd also need some smelling salts, a live chicken and working knowledge of Latin to resurrect that corpse of a team.

Well, my Vancouver Canucks were off to helluva start to the regular season tonight, kicking Calgary's ass 5-1...funniest thing about the game was they were fighting on the ice even before the goddamn puck dropped at the start of the first period...beautiful, like something out of Slap Shot...OLD TIME HOCKEY!!! :lol:

Has anybody heard if there's going to be a free preview of NHL Center Ice this year?

YES INDEED.  ON NOW.  FOR A WEEK AT LEAST.

:yay:  :banana::beer:

Glad to have hockey back. Not glad about Kings opening loss to San Jose. Not just a loss but a 5-goal night by the Sharks.

But I have no inkling of what kind of season the Kings will have. After going deep into the playoffs three straight seasons, they should finally be rested coming into this season after last year's short exit. I would expect more fight from them but I feel the season could go south on them just as easily. Lot of players had subpar years last season and there was weirdness between Darryl Sutter and his players.

:yay:  :banana::beer:

Glad to have hockey back. Not glad about Kings opening loss to San Jose. Not just a loss but a 5-goal night by the Sharks.

But I have no inkling of what kind of season the Kings will have. After going deep into the playoffs three straight seasons, they should finally be rested coming into this season after last year's short exit. I would expect more fight from them but I feel the season could go south on them just as easily. Lot of players had subpar years last season and there was weirdness between Darryl Sutter and his players.

They let me down big time.  I had Rangers, Canucks and Kings 3 team parlay.  My Sabres open tonight with a new era.  Eichel and Bylsma!!!

YES INDEED.  ON NOW.  FOR A WEEK AT LEAST.  Leafs off to a typical start.  

Thanks for the info, think it's on until the 27th. I love hockey, always so exciting!

Islanders fan here, they play their first game tomorrow night at the new arena (Barclay Center) against last years champions Blackhawks, glad it's not on as the same time as Mets/Dodgers.

Thanks for the info, think it's on until the 27th. I love hockey, always so exciting!

Islanders fan here, they play their first game tomorrow night at the new arena (Barclay Center) against last years champions Blackhawks, glad it's not on as the same time as Mets/Dodgers.

Jack Eichel rocked the house with his first NHL goal, a beauty upstairs.  Then Kane scores a minute later only to have it called no goal due to an offsides challenge by Ottawa.  I believe the first successful challenge under the new rule  It was inches.  A play they normally allow.  Sucks.  It totally changed the outcome as they got the open net two minutes later. But I saw lots to like.  Alot of great young talent. Ristolinen is going to be great.  Franzen was a good pick up.  The guy is a monster.  We lost our starting goalie already. But Chad Johnson has better numbers?  So we will see how he does. 

Archived