Slate Chocolate Marble
Slate Chocolate Marble

Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Strider

Warner Bros. Aborted Led Zeppelin Movie Project

54 posts in this topic

It doesn't surprise me in the slightest that Percy ended up being the "stick in the mud" for this project!  He appears to have a long running HABIT of saying "NO!!" to anyone or anything that may throw light on how more involvement HE may have had in what has been customarily put on Page!  I find it quite disgusting that Robert Plant constantly "pisses" on Page's shoes at EVERY GIVEN OPPORTUNITY! Apparently, he was raised to "bite the hand that MADE HIM FAMOUS!"

Everything isn't always about Jimmy Page.  Plant putting the kibbosh on Zep films or reunions probably has more to do with his desire to be taken seriously as a solo artist then any wish to diss Page.  Still, you raise a good question about Plant's possible involvement in some of the more notorious Zep shenanigans.  One of the A&R men who traveled with the band mentioned that Plant once used an ax to tear a hole in the wall separating their hotel rooms then stuck his head in the hole and announced, "I am the prince of peace!"  By all accounts, Plant did his share of groupie mongering. He also did his share of cocaine.  Unlike the rest of the Zep camp, he didn't become addicted to it.  

I think the idea about a movie about a specific era sounds best, but I still can't quite imagine what actor(s)

could pull off the literally cosmic personalities required. Any suggestions ??

I don't blame Plant for his stance on this matter, as all the wildness and debauchery could be exaggerated

to kingdom come, and as he is getting old, would again be asked to explain events of his youth. The Doors

movie was good, but alas, it too went ballistic on Morrison's alleged behavior. Page is okay with this ??

As long as they don't have the Page actor starving himself down to AIDS patient thinness and speedballing

and simultaneously gulping down half a bottle of Jack's.

I think the idea about a movie about a specific era sounds best, but I still can't quite imagine what actor(s)

could pull off the literally cosmic personalities required. Any suggestions ??

I don't blame Plant for his stance on this matter, as all the wildness and debauchery could be exaggerated

to kingdom come, and as he is getting old, would again be asked to explain events of his youth. The Doors

movie was good, but alas, it too went ballistic on Morrison's alleged behavior. Page is okay with this ??

As long as they don't have the Page actor starving himself down to AIDS patient thinness and speedballing

and simultaneously gulping down half a bottle of Jack's.

Remember, this was nearly 20 years ago. Page's stance on a film might be entirely different now and he may be no more interested than Plant at this point.

In answer to your first question, there are no actors who could believably portray Jimmy, Robert, John and John Paul in their prime.

Edited by Strider