Create a "Coda II" Double Album

Assume that Page emptied the vaults not in 1990 and 2014 but sometime after the original Coda was released. Taking outtakes of studio songs into account, there surely would have been enough quality material for a double (or more). What would your "Coda II" double album have looked like? This is what I came up with...

CODA II

The Song Remains The Same (Guitar Reference Mix)

Ramble On (Rough Mix)

Thank You (Backing Track)

Southbound Piano (Rough Mix)

Travelling Riverside Blues (BBC)

Hot Dog (Rough Mix)

Sick Again (Early Version)

Since I've Been Loving You (Rough Mix Of First Recording)

Hey Hey What Can I Do (B side)

The Rain Song (Mix Minus Piano)

That's The Way 

Going To California (Guitar/Mandolin Mix)

10 Ribs & All / Carrot Pod Pod (Rough Mix)

Everybody Makes It Through (In The Light) (Rough Mix)

Blot (I'm Gonna Crawl) (2015 Mono Mix)

I would go after some of the live tracks only available on bootlegs like Louie Louie, It'll Be Me and Train Kept A Rollin'. I might even just release the 1975 sound-check, rockabilly, lost album, whatever you want to call it, as an official release.

I would go after some of the live tracks only available on bootlegs like Louie Louie, It'll Be Me and Train Kept A Rollin'. I might even just release the 1975 sound-check, rockabilly, lost album, whatever you want to call it, as an official release.

Pardon my ignorance but where can I find this 'lost album'.What boots is it ?First I have heard of it.

Pardon my ignorance but where can I find this 'lost album'.What boots is it ?First I have heard of it.

That's a good question. Youtube has it such as in the post above. If you want a copy in your hand that might be different. Amazon maybe, I found it in a record store on the shelf, but that's a rare find. It has no official name, which doesn't make things easier, since no one knows where it came from. It's usually called a sound check or "The Lost Album." Definitely worth a listen when you get the chance though.

Archived