The flopping, whining Clippers lost to the Raps today. They were down by close to 30 points at one point. At home. They are a hot mess right now and in the deep West they don't have much time to put it together. Third highest payroll in the league, they are built to win now and aren't close to looking like they can do it consistently. 

The flopping, whining Clippers lost to the Raps today. They were down by close to 30 points at one point. At home. They are a hot mess right now and in the deep West they don't have much time to put it together. Third highest payroll in the league, they are built to win now and aren't close to looking like they can do it consistently. 

Yea I personally never had much faith in the Clippers to begin with. Chris Paul has always been a baby, and all they did this off-season was add a couple questionable character guys (Smith, Stevenson) and a dinosaur. (Pierce)

I'm following the NFL much more closely now and I'm more of a New England sports fan, but what the Warriors are doing right now is incredible.  It's amazing how a talent like Stephen Curry was ignored for so long.  Even now, he's extremely underpaid.  I think the combination of talent plus still having a chip on his shoulder due to constantly being overlooked and underrated and underpaid makes him the best.

Well soon we should start to hear some talk of the mighty Lakers 33 game win streak, to me one of the greatest streaks in all of sports.  The 70 Lakers with Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West were to me the best team I ever saw.  West was just a great great player.  As were Dr J and Rick Barry.  Forget all the talk about Jordan and Bird.  Those guys were every bit as good.   No 3 point line.  If there was, Jerry West's incredible shot from his side of mid court at Madison Square Garden that tied the game and sent it to OT only to lose to the Knicks in that one game, would have been a winning shot in today's world.  And God only knows how many West and Barry would have scored.  Like the game Barry scored 70 in with no 3 pt line. Curry is great.  Golden st is very good.  they are not as good as those Lakers, but i do not know if they will have to beat the quality of teams those Lakers beat to get to that magic number?  But I say it will not happen.  Forget about it.  The Clippers will beat them if nobody else can.  Maybe San Anton on a rested night at home?  Maybe a team like Charlotte will sneak up on them?  Or the T Wolves?  They will NOT break that magic number and nobody else will either.  It goes down with DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak and Ted Williams 400.  

The Warriors have to go to Chalotte after two road games, one in Utah, but if they get to Xmas Day unbeaten, they would be at 28 when Lebron and the Cavs come in and that will be their biggest test along the way if they are indeed eyeing the Lakers incredible record.  They do not get the Clippers so the schedule makers did them a favor there.  Cleveland will want to beat them to send them a message and certainly are the one team in that stretch that could.  I could see the Hornets upsetting them as they are pretty good.  We shall see

• 2 weeks later...

It was Kobe's final game in Toronto tonight. Seems like yesterday when he dropped a record 81 points on us. End of an era. The Lakers will be ok with a high draft pick and tons of cap space next season, but it's still sad to see this transition happening. Kobe's arguably the second greatest Laker ever after Magic. He took on the GOAT burden after MJ retired and was relentless in his pursuit of it as a significant part of another great chapter in the Lakers dynasty. Thank you, Kobe, it's been an incredible experience watching you dominate and will your way to championships. As a fan of another team, you gave me so much angst from all the defeats, but as a fan of basketball, I've enjoyed every moment of it.

It was Kobe's final game in Toronto tonight. Seems like yesterday when he dropped a record 81 points on us. End of an era. The Lakers will be ok with a high draft pick and tons of cap space next season, but it's still sad to see this transition happening. Kobe's arguably the second greatest Laker ever after Magic. He took on the GOAT burden after MJ retired and was relentless in his pursuit of it as a significant part of another great chapter in the Lakers dynasty. Thank you, Kobe, it's been an incredible experience watching you dominate and will your way to championships. As a fan of another team, you gave me so much angst from all the defeats, but as a fan of basketball, I've enjoyed every moment of it.

Magic
Kareem
West
Shaq
Kobe

:)

Certainly no MJ, IMO. 

Magic
Kareem
West
Shaq
Kobe

:)

Certainly no MJ, IMO. 

Well, I agree about the MJ part, and despite LBJ's efforts, he's not in Kobe's realm, never mind MJ's. As for the Lakers list, I never saw West play, so it's hard for me to gauge that, but from the others, I'd certainly put Kobe ahead of Shaq, come on! Kareem was great but I feel Kobe had a better overall game so I'd still put him after Magic. At least we agree on who is the all-time Lakers GOAT :thumbsup:

As the season grinds on, I'm wondering if the Warriors will be all that invested in trying to beat the 72 wins record or will they try to save some of their bullets for the postseason. Right now though, they may have their eye on breaking the 33 wins streak & right now I would say it certainly looks doable...

Well, the Warriors get away with it again!  28th regular season win in a row and a 24-0 start.  And without TWO of their starters!  

Tomorrow in Milwaukee, where the Lakers 33-0 run came to an end, and no team has ever won all seven of a seven game road trip!

Well, the Warriors get away with it again!  28th regular season win in a row and a 24-0 start.  And without TWO of their starters!  

Tomorrow in Milwaukee, where the Lakers 33-0 run came to an end, and no team has ever won all seven of a seven game road trip!

I wouldn't say they got away with anything so much as they persevered and gutted it out. "Get away" implies they cheated or didn't deserve to win...I don't think that's the case with Golden State at all.

Goden State is the only team that is appointment viewing in the NBA today. I am half-torn in wanting them to continue winning or for the Lakers 33-in-a-row streak to be preserved.

Kobe is no higher than 4th in the ranking of Greatest Lakers.

1. Magic

2. Jerry West 

3. Kareem

4. Kobe

I wouldn't say they got away with anything so much as they persevered and gutted it out. "Get away" implies they cheated or didn't deserve to win...I don't think that's the case with Golden State at all.

Goden State is the only team that is appointment viewing in the NBA today. I am half-torn in wanting them to continue winning or for the Lakers 33-in-a-row streak to be preserved.

The "get away" part is about blowing a double digit lead and the blown call giving Curry his fourth foul while six feet away from the play.  The refs even admitted it was a bad call but they couldn't change the call.  Tonight's game should be good!

WOW! Talk about synchronicity, kismet, or whatever you want to call it...

1972: The Milwaukee Bucks beat the Los Angeles Lakers, ending the Lakers record-setting streak at 33 games in-a-row.

2015: The Milwaukee Bucks beat the Golden State Warriors, ending the Warriors season-opening winning streak at 24, and preserving the Lakers record.

And it shows why no NBA team has ever gone undefeated on a seven-game or longer road trip...it is hard to do. But Golden State gave a helluva run at it...and at the Lakers record.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW! Talk about synchronicity, kismet, or whatever you want to call it...

1972: The Milwaukee Bucks beat the Los Angeles Lakers, ending the Lakers record-setting streak at 33 games in-a-row.

2015: The Milwaukee Bucks beat the Golden State Warriors, ending the Warriors season-opening winning streak at 24, and preserving the Lakers record.

And it shows why no NBA team has ever gone undefeated on a seven-game or longer road trip...it is hard to do. But Golden State gave a helluva run at it...and at the Lakers record.

A record I have said will NEVER FALL.  I stand by that and GS made a heck of a run.  But they are a one man band with Curry being the lone superstar.  Those Lakers had Jerry West and Wilt Chamberlain.  To me the best team of all time, and yes, better than the Bulls with Jordan and even Dr J's Sixers must be tossed in there.  the 75 Warriors won it all with one Rick Barry who to me is the most underated and most ignored superstar in the history of sports.  The man was great.

Xmas Day line is out.  Cleveland plus 7 at GS.  Logic would say the Warriors will blow them out.  I took the 7 because Cleveland comes to play only when its a big game. They are just lazy.  We will find out if they are as good as last year?  Should be way better with Love.  If Love and James can develope chemistry, look out GS.  Warriors likely win, but its no lock.  The Cavaliers Xmas is going to be on the road.  So I hope the hotel they are in has plenty of champagne and shrimp.  Its probably a preview of the finals.  Only a couple teams could ruin it.  Houston is not one of them.  The Clippers are but if they fired Rivers it would be a big step.  They just get too damn lazy.  But they give GS fits.  SA also must be thrown in the conversation.  Lets not forget who beat them last year.  Yes, the Buffalo Braves

Yes, the two most unbeatable streaks in sports is the Lakers and from another sport, DiMaggio's 56 game hit streak. 

There's a good slate of games scheduled for Christmas Day. Somewhat surprising is that the Heat are the 4th seed in the East, but--as always--it's still very early in the season and a lot can change before April. I'm not sure if anyone in the East can topple the Cavs for that top spot in the conference....

• 3 weeks later...

I must admit I am shocked by the result of last nights GS vs Cleveland game.  Especially since the Warriors had lost a couple nights before to a lesser opponent.  It may be that the only real competition will come from the West?  SA or the Clippers.  The Clippers must play with Blake like they did without him.  If they can do that they can beat GS.  They to me are the only team in the West that can.  Can Cleveland?  They must improve their chemistry

10 hours ago, chef free said:

Next Monday (1/25) is the real test for the W's.  Can they hang with the red hot Spurs? 

Guess who has tickets!

(Row 7, BABY!!!)

That will be fun.  I still think the Spurs are a force and certainly better than those dirt bag Rockets that are burning their fans money, but I am not sold they will beat GS or even the Clippers in a series.  Only because the stats of yesteryear are much older now.  Leonard has really been great.  We will see.  I am still bewildered by that performance by Cleveland.  Maybe Lebron and Love are going at it behind closed doors?

Archived