2 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

My Clippers are going to go in there and win tonight.  Just watch!!!!

Your Clippers...Your Rams...why don't you just move to L.A. already, Frosty the Snowman? Enjoy your Snowmegeddon this weekend!

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Your Clippers...Your Rams...why don't you just move to L.A. already, Frosty the Snowman? Enjoy your Snowmegeddon this weekend!

Frosty the Snowman?  That's the last fucking straw man!  First of all, it snowed here last week for the first time all year.   The Clippers are the old Buffalo Braves.  And yes I like the Rams much more than you do.  And I did live in LA in 1961.  It counts.  I will be back.  

Well the Warriors and Spurs ass whooping the Cavs has resulted in James finally getting Blatt fired. Well-sourced Woj eviscerates James in this article about it (when Woj doesn't like you, it's for life. You should read his vitriol against David Stern lol):

How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

The short version is that James is an egomaniacal d-bag who is pulling his power tripping stunts in the same way he did with Gilbert before and is doing it again in Cleveland after being vetoed by uber boss Pat Riley in Miami.

LBJ tried the exact same schemes during his time in the Heat: bumping the coach, disregarding plays, trying to get his 'boys' on the roster and in management/signing with his best friend's agency. Riley stood in his way, James had to abide by the established pecking order, they won, and he bolted. So even being part of a potential dynasty and in Miami no less wasn't enough to keep him there. Back he went to the Cavs, the prodigal son returned, but an even bigger star with greater leverage and to the same gimpy owner. 

Riley was able to keep James's enormous, ravenous ego from destroying himself and the team. But James has to win on his own terms, building his own team with his own coach and now has a one-year contract to leverage to get what he wants. A player that was previously not even in the rotation was the first guy off the bench under the new coach. And coach Lue was assistant, never a head coach, and was given a 3-year contract, this with Thibs available and with Blatt winning everything in Europe for 20 years. Apparently Blatt lost the locker room. Imagine if James chose to respect him and play his system instead of pounding the ball and ISOs on every play. If any other player fell out of line, they wouldn't last long. Instead, James undermined Blatt, bumped him, disregarded plays, and all other players lined up like sheep. Nobody in the Cavs organization has the stones to stand up to James and it's just like he likes it. And that's why he won't win anything again and doesn't deserve to.

Agents-of-Karma Bulls just went in to Cleveland and handed the Cavs their first post-Blatt loss. 

Raps are on an eight-game winning streak after whooping the Clippers, who did not like having it handed to them. Oh well :) 

Warriors and Spurs are playing tonight. Epic game!

In all fairness the guy had his shot and could not coach.  The Cleveland situation I am talking about.  Your Raptors have played better of late Pat.  I think they win tonight.  And Wash is no pushover.  The Warriors walked all over San Antonio.   Killed them.  The only team that really gives them trouble, the Clippers, are somehow a pick at Indiana tonight.  I just do not get it.  I know Blake is out but he has been out. They are still far more talented than Indiana.  I am taking the Cippers

17 hours ago, Patrycja said:

Well the Warriors and Spurs ass whooping the Cavs has resulted in James finally getting Blatt fired. Well-sourced Woj eviscerates James in this article about it (when Woj doesn't like you, it's for life. You should read his vitriol against David Stern lol):

How David Blatt never stood a chance with LeBron James and his camp

The short version is that James is an egomaniacal d-bag who is pulling his power tripping stunts in the same way he did with Gilbert before and is doing it again in Cleveland after being vetoed by uber boss Pat Riley in Miami.

LBJ tried the exact same schemes during his time in the Heat: bumping the coach, disregarding plays, trying to get his 'boys' on the roster and in management/signing with his best friend's agency. Riley stood in his way, James had to abide by the established pecking order, they won, and he bolted. So even being part of a potential dynasty and in Miami no less wasn't enough to keep him there. Back he went to the Cavs, the prodigal son returned, but an even bigger star with greater leverage and to the same gimpy owner. 

Riley was able to keep James's enormous, ravenous ego from destroying himself and the team. But James has to win on his own terms, building his own team with his own coach and now has a one-year contract to leverage to get what he wants. A player that was previously not even in the rotation was the first guy off the bench under the new coach. And coach Lue was assistant, never a head coach, and was given a 3-year contract, this with Thibs available and with Blatt winning everything in Europe for 20 years. Apparently Blatt lost the locker room. Imagine if James chose to respect him and play his system instead of pounding the ball and ISOs on every play. If any other player fell out of line, they wouldn't last long. Instead, James undermined Blatt, bumped him, disregarded plays, and all other players lined up like sheep. Nobody in the Cavs organization has the stones to stand up to James and it's just like he likes it. And that's why he won't win anything again and doesn't deserve to.

Agents-of-Karma Bulls just went in to Cleveland and handed the Cavs their first post-Blatt loss. 

Raps are on an eight-game winning streak after whooping the Clippers, who did not like having it handed to them. Oh well :) 

Warriors and Spurs are playing tonight. Epic game!

Exactly why I have never liked Lebron in the first place and never wanted him to win a damn thing. Can't wait until he's out of the league. Makes Kobe look selfless in comparison.

^ That'll probably be his greatest accomplishment, Strider, making Kobe look humble by comparison, and that's quite a feat.

6 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

In all fairness the guy had his shot and could not coach.  The Cleveland situation I am talking about.  Your Raptors have played better of late Pat.  I think they win tonight.  And Wash is no pushover.  The Warriors walked all over San Antonio.   Killed them.  The only team that really gives them trouble, the Clippers, are somehow a pick at Indiana tonight.  I just do not get it.  I know Blake is out but he has been out. They are still far more talented than Indiana.  I am taking the Cippers

That's the thing, Rick, there was no fairness in the Blatt situation at all. The guy signed on to coach a young up and coming team, then LBJ re-signed with the Cavs and the entire coaching strategy changed. Despite that, Blatt took them to the finals in his first year, and they were 30-11 this year. He's been a Euro legend for 20 years, winning in whatever league he's coached. He's a highly respected basketball mind throughout the profession. He's the international equivalent of Coach K of college hoops or Pops of the NBA. The only thing that was a huge roadblock was James completely disrespecting him, setting the tone for the rest of the team which is filled with his lackeys, and getting away with it. That he tried the very same thing in Miami and failed made him come back to the Cavs where he knew from previous experience with Gilbert that he could do it. This even though he could have been part of a Heat dynasty. Think about that. Choosing to come 'home' - a place where he could expand his arrogance undeterred - is better than a place that has a better chance at a championship. Some would argue that he wants to win at home, but the team he's pushing to get put together (ie/ trading Wiggins and picks for Love) has once again put the team in a difficult position of high salaries, few picks, win-now mode with a poorly constructed roster that is now coached by a guy who's never had a head coaching position. And this is 'better'? Only because his ego has been satiated. For now. 

There's probably no more distasteful a vice than arrogance.

p.s. Rick, the Raps are doing well, but I don't trust regular season results any more. We have been past the first round of the playoffs exactly once in our 20-year existence, flaming out of the first round badly the last two years, this as the higher seed. So I don't put too much stock in the hype. The second season is where the proof is.

AND in other hoops news - this is huge! - Blake Griffin is out for several weeks after breaking his hand in punching out the Clips equipment guy at a pre-game team dinner in a Toronto restaurant. What's wrong with this guy?

First this:

and now he's in a fight with an equipment guy?! Apparently Blake punched him several times in the restaurant, they guy left, Blake followed him out, and continued punching him outside. The equipment guy had to get treated at the hospital for his injuries. Even though Blake was sent home quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if he were charged with assault. Cog in the team's success, leading scorer, and he goes and does something idiotic like this. Amazing.

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/report--blake-griffin-has-broken-hand-after-fight-with-team-staff-164256644.html

^ Article claims that they got into it after viewing tape of the Clips loss to the Raps, but this took place BEFORE the most recent game. Perhaps they're referring to the last time the Raps handed it to them?

On 1/26/2016 at 4:46 PM, Patrycja said:

^ That'll probably be his greatest accomplishment, Strider, making Kobe look humble by comparison, and that's quite a feat.

That's the thing, Rick, there was no fairness in the Blatt situation at all. The guy signed on to coach a young up and coming team, then LBJ re-signed with the Cavs and the entire coaching strategy changed. Despite that, Blatt took them to the finals in his first year, and they were 30-11 this year. He's been a Euro legend for 20 years, winning in whatever league he's coached. He's a highly respected basketball mind throughout the profession. He's the international equivalent of Coach K of college hoops or Pops of the NBA. The only thing that was a huge roadblock was James completely disrespecting him, setting the tone for the rest of the team which is filled with his lackeys, and getting away with it. That he tried the very same thing in Miami and failed made him come back to the Cavs where he knew from previous experience with Gilbert that he could do it. This even though he could have been part of a Heat dynasty. Think about that. Choosing to come 'home' - a place where he could expand his arrogance undeterred - is better than a place that has a better chance at a championship. Some would argue that he wants to win at home, but the team he's pushing to get put together (ie/ trading Wiggins and picks for Love) has once again put the team in a difficult position of high salaries, few picks, win-now mode with a poorly constructed roster that is now coached by a guy who's never had a head coaching position. And this is 'better'? Only because his ego has been satiated. For now. 

There's probably no more distasteful a vice than arrogance.

14 hours ago, chef free said:

One year ago today, the Golden State Warriors lost their last home game against the Dallas Mavericks, last month Dallas handed the Curry-less Warriors a rare 114-91 loss.  

Tonight they play!

You or I could have coached that team to their current record.  The guy never did get any type of chemistry out of Lebron and Love.   Now it seems they are more determined. If that is what it took, then its good for Cleveland in the long run.  Can they beat the Warriors?  We shall see.  As for the Clippers, notice that they have been winning without Blake.  Last night they were 5 point dogs at Atlanta and beat them.  Toronto should beat the Knicks tonight.  I should hope.   I like Washington to hammer Denver tonight.  I laid the 6.5 spread.  

WARNING:

NBA All-Star game Coaches rant ahead!

OK, First they choose second place Pops to coach the West because Steve didn't coach enough games.  Well, what about Luke?  He is clearly the "All-Star" coach of the West because he took over a team at very short notice and coached them to 40 wins before the break!  That was bad enough but when I found out that Lue is the coach for the East I just about flipped! Who cares if the Cavs are in first, he didn't get them there! He's coached three games! WTF?  Plus what an insult to all the other coaches, players should not dictate who the coach is!

How about Dwane Casey?  The game is in Toronto!

5 hours ago, chef free said:

WARNING:

NBA All-Star game Coaches rant ahead!

OK, First they choose second place Pops to coach the West because Steve didn't coach enough games.  Well, what about Luke?  He is clearly the "All-Star" coach of the West because he took over a team at very short notice and coached them to 40 wins before the break!  That was bad enough but when I found out that Lue is the coach for the East I just about flipped! Who cares if the Cavs are in first, he didn't get them there! He's coached three games! WTF?  Plus what an insult to all the other coaches, players should not dictate who the coach is!

How about Dwane Casey?  The game is in Toronto!

Couldn't have said it better myself, chef. You deserve a beer for that. :drinks:

On 1/27/2016 at 1:31 AM, Strider said:

^^^Not that I'm a Clipper fan, so I don't really follow them in the news, but weren't they on a tear without Blake in the lineup? Seems they play better without him. Perhaps a trade is looming.

Yes, at the time of the writing, they were 11-3 but that was largely against teams they were supposed to beat. He was just about to return from an injury before deciding to punch a guy in the head and going back on the IL. The thing is, they'll get away with it in the regular season, but he's their top scorer, and come playoffs, the Clips will need another threat besides Paul throwing lobs to Jordan. There's JJ's outside shooting, but once he and DJ are neutralized, that leaves Paul with a lot of work throughout a series. Like him or not, Griffin is an extra threat that makes them that much harder to play against because he can drive, shoot free throws and has a decent jumper. Now if they do decide to trade him, they'll never get someone who gets as many points but maybe they can get several players to shore up their weak bench. It's a chess game preparing for all the weapons in the West. 

14 hours ago, Patrycja said:

Yes, at the time of the writing, they were 11-3 but that was largely against teams they were supposed to beat. He was just about to return from an injury before deciding to punch a guy in the head and going back on the IL. The thing is, they'll get away with it in the regular season, but he's their top scorer, and come playoffs, the Clips will need another threat besides Paul throwing lobs to Jordan. There's JJ's outside shooting, but once he and DJ are neutralized, that leaves Paul with a lot of work throughout a series. Like him or not, Griffin is an extra threat that makes them that much harder to play against because he can drive, shoot free throws and has a decent jumper. Now if they do decide to trade him, they'll never get someone who gets as many points but maybe they can get several players to shore up their weak bench. It's a chess game preparing for all the weapons in the West. 

If they were to trade him, which I doubt, they would have to get a very good return.  With him they give Golden st more trouble than any team.  How bad are the Lakers?  BAD!!!  Charlotte was beating them by 26 early in 4th quarter and I think the Lakers went like five minutes or more without a bucket.  They are horrible.  Even the 76ers have played well of late and have been covering spreads.  Cleveland has found their game fir now.  Beat the daylights out of San Antonio.  The Wizards, Pistons and Raptors are all pretty good but not good enough to beat Cleveland.

9 hours ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

If they were to trade him, which I doubt, they would have to get a very good return.  With him they give Golden st more trouble than any team.  How bad are the Lakers?  BAD!!!  Charlotte was beating them by 26 early in 4th quarter and I think the Lakers went like five minutes or more without a bucket.  They are horrible.  Even the 76ers have played well of late and have been covering spreads.  Cleveland has found their game fir now.  Beat the daylights out of San Antonio.  The Wizards, Pistons and Raptors are all pretty good but not good enough to beat Cleveland.

I don't think they will trade him either, Rick, but the owner took the unusual step of signing a statement regarding Griffin's latest incident, so there were whispers about whether the team is considering distancing itself from him. One thing you need in the playoffs is total cohesion. Any distraction and the season's done. Raptors are playing well but the regular season is a tame, well fed animal. It's the playoffs that has me worried. We're always bait for more hungry teams. That and Casey has yet to prove he can coach himself out of a paper bag. We'll see how it goes. If Raps don't get out of the first round this year, I think the coach is gone. So yeah, either way, win win :D

37 minutes ago, Patrycja said:

I don't think they will trade him either, Rick, but the owner took the unusual step of signing a statement regarding Griffin's latest incident, so there were whispers about whether the team is considering distancing itself from him. One thing you need in the playoffs is total cohesion. Any distraction and the season's done. Raptors are playing well but the regular season is a tame, well fed animal. It's the playoffs that has me worried. We're always bait for more hungry teams. That and Casey has yet to prove he can coach himself out of a paper bag. We'll see how it goes. If Raps don't get out of the first round this year, I think the coach is gone. So yeah, either way, win win :D

As long as its not Cleveland they have a shot.  Best team they have ever had to this point and their day us coming.  Cleveland is the best in the East because they have Lebron.  After that I say the Raptors are as good as any of the rest along with the Wizards and both slightly better than overrated Bulls.  

32 minutes ago, LedZeppfan77 said:

As long as its not Cleveland they have a shot.  Best team they have ever had to this point and their day us coming.  Cleveland is the best in the East because they have Lebron.  After that I say the Raptors are as good as any of the rest along with the Wizards and both slightly better than overrated Bulls.  

With SAS and champs Warriors potentially in their way? Hmm, not sure. West has been tougher to get out of for a long time now, and though many more teams are struggling in that division, the top dogs seem even stronger whereas the Clips seem largely the same.

But coaching makes the largest difference in the playoffs - match-ups, rotations, calling plays, plays our of time-outs, out-of-bounds, etc., and this is where LBJ, erm, I mean coach Lue will get exposed. The Cavs are a James injury away from irrelevance, but all other teams have multiple players who can carry them. Even if they get to the finals (pretty likely - it is still the East, after all) they're going to get rolled over, especially if it's GSW. They just don't match up well against the champs.

Why do you like the Clips so much? Is it because you lived there some time ago? I ask because they're just not a likable team, no offense...

Archived