New Soundboard - March 3, 1975 Fort Worth

apantherfrommd

So far ver, very impressed with this show and the quality of the recording. Robert's voice is hoarse during R&R & Sick Again but warms up with only the occasional crack or drop...I also think Robert is learning not to strain too much and work within his limits, unlike Four Blocks in the Snow which has the instrumentation spot on but for me Robert's voice on that is pretty bad.

The only shortfall I have thus heard is, as mentioned above, toward the end when it sounds like Page's left hand is having problems with bends, pull-off's and hammer-on's which is evident in the STH solo. It is not a bad solo, in fact in parts it is pretty damn good, but he stop & starts several times making the solo somewhat disjointed to me. I can almost see Page in my minds eye playing a particular refrain, stopping to rest and shake his hand in pain, and then going into it again. Have not heard WLL & BD yet but I figure it will be much the same as the STH solo.

Overall, I give the show a solid 7 to 7.5, the only hinderance being Plant's voice and Jimmy's hand toward the end. What say you all???

My conclusion is that this is a great gig. The early and latter gigs seem to lack an energetic Bonzo, but there are exceptions, luckily even on the soundboards we already have. But halfway through '75 US tour Bonzo was just going absolutely nuts. My conclusion is that this is a great companion to the 2/28 gig, but in my opinion that one is slightly better performed. Sound quality wise, this one is noticeably better. All I have to say is Freezer, the taper/trader who saw Led Zeppelin in Baton Rouge, was a very lucky man. I'm sure the folks in Fort Worth so many years ago were equally impressed. Easy to look at these gigs under a microscope years later with pristine soundboards, but there is no denying that they kicked some major ass on the road in 1975. B)

And thats coming from a '77 live fan. So I'm not biased. That much. ^_^

TY LedZepFilm. Seeing TSRTS, my favorite from the board, was stunning.

Finished my first listen of the show today. Another solid '75 soundboard. 

I will need to listen again with headphones, but so far I would rate it in the second tier of '75 shows. Seems to be a lot sibilance from the cymbals and sometimes from Robert. 

On first listen, I don't know that any single track stands out as a superior performance, but the sequence of OTHAFA through NQ is very good. 

Dazed seemed a bit sloppy and chaotic when compared to others on the tour. 

I'd probably rate 7.5/8. Easily better than the 3-17 Seattle show. At the moment, I'd don't  think it's better than the 2nd Dallas, which I'd rate 8.5 or 9 probably. 

But another listen is definitely warranted. 

Yeah, I'll have to give it a second listen, but my first impression is kinda "meh". It's pretty sloppy, and the only real highlights that stood out to me were a good Kashmir, a really cool No Quarter and an excellent theremin dual with Robert in WLL. It's not quite the Bonzo showcase that's been hyped up, in fact Moby Dick is pretty weak, especially the final flurry. Jimmy's Les Paul goes out of tune on Dazed and stays that way for a very long time. Still, the mix is fabulous, they finally turn Jimmy up around No Quarter. Jonesy is nice and loud which makes some parts very interesting. I think Baton Rouge is a better show, but I'll listen again and re-evaluate this welcome new addition to the "soundboard revolution"

The new soundboard sounds very good as well as the performance. I feel very lucky to hear such  a  quality soundboard from my favorite band 40 years after its performance. The best part is there is obviously more from where its coming from. I wonder, but it def has to be somebody that was very close to the band, or in the band. Soundboards  of that quality just dont fall from the sky. 

Soundboard quality is good. Cranking it right now through these headphones and I have zero complaints. Actually sounds analog warmish to me. If that makes me any sense.

Rock And Roll.    -  Percy's voice cracks and is raspy but we already know that for the most of this tour, his voice sucks anyway. The band plays well. Full throttle. High Energy. Pretty good mix, also. Bonzo is force of nature. JPJ  plays well. No complaints. This version seems a bit shorter than other versions from this tour.

Sick Again.  - Again, solid. Band is working very well together. Bonzo is the glue for this band. No signs of rust.  Wish Percy would just dispense with the Ooo, Oooo, towards the end of this tune and just let Page jam. Would sound so much better. But Page is hot and a pleasure to listen to.

Over The Hills And Far Away -  Plenty of lemon and honey, yup.   Approximately 8 minutes worth. And the band is ROCKIN. Heavy. Deep. Throbbing. Pulsating. Oozing with Texas crude.  Percy's voice starts to improve. Less crackin.

In My Time Of Dying -  St. Peter at the Gates of Heaven. Yes. I'd say the band reaches heaven. This version is solid. Can JPJ's bass real clear. Page is wailing on slide. Bonzo thunders away.

The Song Remains The Same - Probably one of the best TSRTS's I've heard from '75. Bonzo is a monster and charges full speed ahead. Page is controlled sloppy perfect. JPJ is fluid and controlled and embellishes appropriately.

The Rain Song - Pretty. Shame Percy's voice weren't a bit better but c'est la vie.

Kashmir.  - The sound of the mellotron becomes grating to the ears with this tune. In the words of Page, "cheap orchestration". Again, Bonzo is king here.

No Quarter.  25+ minute version. Nice to hear more of a piano sound from JPJ. And he's playing jazz/blues, or something to that effect. No complaints. If you love NQ from '75, you'll absolutely love this version.

Trampled Under Foot.  Oh yeah. My fav versions are from '75. Fast, up tempo, and shows how much this band could groove and funk out. Wish the band had more tunes like TUF in its repertoire.

Moby Dick. Skipping it.

Dazed And Confused.  - 33 minutes worth. Edit out the exessively long violin bow solo and jump to the 16:30 mark and the band cooks. Some interesting interplay between 7:50 and 7:00 minute mark. Some crackling as well.

Stairway To Heaven. -  good version. 12+ minutes worth

Whole Lotta Love.  Love the funk chords at the 5 minute mark. James Brown. Dig it.  Too many "Ooh Yeahs" from Page.

Black Dog - too bad it's not Out on the Tiles!  But solid version nonetheless.

Overall, I give Zep 4 out of 5 stars. If you love '75, it's a must have.

I am pleasantly surprised by this show.  Great sound, as already noted, but performance-wise I had expected it to be on par with the other Southern shows from the beginning of the second leg (the very mediocre Dallas shows or the good-but-far-from-great Baton Rouge show).  However, there are a number of very nice moments here, e.g. NQ has flashes of the unique, trippy version from the second night in San Diego.  OTHAFA and SA are great, and TUF is also very good, although not as good as the West Coast versions.  DC and STH are also above average for this part of the tour.  Overall a very nice addition. 

Much better than Baton Rouge or the Dallas shows. Not the most technically sound show, even by '75 standards, but the oomph and the energy is there from beginning to end. Excellent versions of TSRTS, The Rain Song, Kashmir, No Quarter, TUF, Dazed, and Black Dog.

Must-have must have must-have must have! If somebody gets it be a good lad and put it on here for all of us :-)… Just saying. .can I also say that EV SD sucks for making these prices so high I mean come on

I have it, had it first day,good stuff.

Kashmir.  - The sound of the mellotron becomes grating to the ears with this tune. In the words of Page, "cheap orchestration". Again, Bonzo is king here.

I've always enjoyed the sound of the Mellotron in '75 performances of Kashmir - it gives the song such a unique edge to it.

Long time reader of these boards, but first time participant.  I know lots of folks are wanting to download this show.  What is the policy on posting a link to help folks out? I wanted to ask first so I didn't break any rules. I have listened to the show and I think it sounds great. There are some of the mixing issues with Jones's bass pedals being a little too much but overall no complaints. Bonzo was really playing well during this Texas stretch. Personally, I think his IMTOD on 3/4 was epic and his best performance of that song hands down. 

Great to be finally conversing with all of you awesome keepers of the Zeppelin flame!!!!

All good. I think out of respect for the band, they ask not to share bootleg stuff publicly, but it is out there for a reason. (NUTS LIKE US ^_^)

Besides, how many folks do you know that seek out new soundboards like this that HAVEN'T bought the official live releases? Me? None. The few folks I know with BBC, DVD, HTWWW... some of them even bought back-up copies. :lol:

PS. if you like that IMTOD you will LOVE this new one. B)

Black Dog - too bad it's not Out on the Tiles!  But solid version nonetheless.

Idk, just seems unlikely given Plants voice after late '72. ;) One of my favorite tunes from one of my two favorite albums. Other favorite is HOTH. Those two are the best albums they made. 

Yeah Bozoso73 it's a decent performance. I give it a 7.5/ 9 Performance/Sound. No matter what it is I'm just glad we have new music to listen to. It's funny I like hearing Plant's spiel as much as the music sometimes. :)

lol  you're absolutely right about Percy :-) Plantisms  or plantations… Whatever you call them you can usually gauge how the band is doing by some of the crazy things he says onstage :-) and you're spot on with the 7.5/9… The sound quality is superb :-) thank the heavens EVSD  didn't go crazy with the sound quality :-) it is always good to have a new live show added to the collection :-)

energy is the word of the day for this one. it may not be as technically perfect as the other boards we fortunately have, but it has more energy than any other. that is the best part about this new one IMO.

a cosmic energy bash

haha A cosmic energy bash :-) couldn't have said it better myself :-)

While we're still talking about '75, I'm gonna give a tip of the hat to Mike Millard, for recording 3/24/75, 3/25/75, and 3/27/75. Those 3 will always be my favorites from '75. Make sure they're part of ALL of your collections. Just sayin'. When it comes to Led Zeppelin live, it doesn't get much better than a Millard recording.

Archived