New Soundboard - March 3, 1975 Fort Worth

apantherfrommd

Pluribus, you make some good points.  I would have never guessed Page, but it does make some sense.  After all, when they recorded the soundboards, the one logical person to get a copy should be the band's producer, who, would probably be thinking of a live album, otherwise why record all the shows?  And Page had Grant who knew enough to "just keep them wanting more than you are giving".

How does EV and these other companies not get shut down or something?  Is it not illegal in some countries?

Ultimately, I'm going with the evidence.  And statistically it is nearly impossible that in a sample of 13 shows drawn from 35 or so (less if you exclude Seattle and the three LA shows), there would be nothing from before mid-February.  I can think of no business logic for excluding ALL January shows from the releases, and can think of good reasons for not releasing essentially redundant shows like the first Long Beach (or Baton Rouge for that matter).  The same logic applies to the 77 boards, i.e. nothing except mid May to early June.  The point is, these are not coming from a source with the complete sample (so it's not Page).  Maybe there are hoarders with this or that show, but they're not part of this soundboard "revolution", which is clearly coming to a close (although we should have a pretty good idea of what remains).

Straight from the horses mouth Led Zeppelin.com if there was any more question about the set list

image.jpg

This is actually not the final word. You'll notice the first word is "includes", as in "we know it had all of this." Other shows with circulated recordings don't list the set list that way, but rather list the exact set list for that night. 

We may yet hope for some extras. Soon, "all will be revealed". 

Ultimately, I'm going with the evidence.  And statistically it is nearly impossible that in a sample of 13 shows drawn from 35 or so (less if you exclude Seattle and the three LA shows), there would be nothing from before mid-February.  I can think of no business logic for excluding ALL January shows from the releases, and can think of good reasons for not releasing essentially redundant shows like the first Long Beach (or Baton Rouge for that matter).  

Why would it be impossible? The January shows are not good shows, even with the rarities. That could be reason enough why they haven't been released. The shows from February-March are all much better than anything from January. Besides,it's clear that EV are not done releasing shows, so who knows what the next one will be?  Again, for each round of releases, there has always been the same chorus of "it's over", "they've hit the bottom of the barrel", and "they don't have anymore shows left". Yet, they keep releasing them.

Again, for each round of releases, there has always been the same chorus of "it's over", "they've hit the bottom of the barrel", and "they don't have anymore shows left". Yet, they keep releasing them.

Apparently this has been going on for every release over the past decade...in my opinion, it would make no sense from a business perspective for EV not to tell us when they are releasing the last one.  The could advertise it with stuff like "saving the best for last" and charge more.

I've been a boot collector for many years download, vinyl, silvers, etc - but how and where do you get to order these things? A limited box of 150 sets I'm guessing they sell out quickly. 

I will have this ASAP. Let me know who's interested.

I will have this ASAP. Let me know who's interested.

Count me in as interested.  After listening to all the shows I have a million times a new performance is highly welcome. All I need for this to be a success is for No Quarter and Dazed to great and I will be as happy as a pig in shit.!!

Thank you for offering!

@Pluribus

It's impossible in the statistical sense that a random draw from the whole tour (exempt the second Seattle show and LA shows if you like) of 13 shows without ANYTHING from January or early February is tiny.  Therefore it's far more likely that the draw is from a subset of the whole tour and not all the dates.  Indeed people keep saying the well is dry, and we keep getting shows, from the SAME range of dates.  I had predicted the next show would be Houston, but I was obviously on the right track.  In case anyone cares, here's my very confident prediction for the next releases of '75 shows (in order):

1st San Diego

Houston

2nd Long Beach

Open question whether the 2nd Seattle show exists (my gut says no LA shows, but who knows), if does it will obviously be last, and maybe Greensboro 77 will slip in, this show almost certainly exists on board, perhaps the Birmingham and Baton Rouge shows as well, but I hate '77 and could care less when/if they come out.

You hate '77 including the LA shows ?

Sorry, but yes.  Page's playing is a shadow of the 71-73 glory years (or the better performances of 75), and the imagery of him emaciated, smacked out (the visual aspect being the main selling point of most 77 advocates) makes that tour very hard to enjoy.

I've never listened to the whole '77 tour except for LA and NYC.  The band did not go wrong in acoustic set and No Quarter alone is probably better than anything they did since '71    The Jazz fusion and battle between instruments in No Quarter is highlight for me.

So I am just curious....where do you think this soundboard came from?  It just seems a little odd that someone must have held onto this for 40 years and chose NOW to hand it off to someone.  Obviously it didn't come from any band members (or the possibility of that is extremely tiny, I would imagine).

Looks like a great setlist!

Considering the pricing maybe it did in fact come from JP. Either way, it just doesn't matter the how or the why.... It's release is good enough on it's own, even without a backstory! But anyway, Thanks, Jimmy !! ;)

Considering the pricing maybe it did in fact come from JP. Either way, it just doesn't matter the how or the why.... It's release is good enough on it's own, even without a backstory! But anyway, Thanks, Jimmy !! ;)

Were you at that show?  I know you attended the Dallas shows.  Thank you for sharing your memories! 

It's impossible in the statistical sense that a random draw from the whole tour (exempt the second Seattle show and LA shows if you like) of 13 shows without ANYTHING from January or early February is tiny.

Sure, but that's assuming that these releases are a "random draw". I would be more inclined to think that the person doing the supplying knows exactly what the shows being released are, and they are getting released based on that person's preference of what gets out vs what stays in the vault.  Again, if it really was Page behind this, I'd think he would be far more likely to keep shows from January 1975 to himself. His broken finger and Plant's voice during those gigs make for the least impressive listening from the tour.

Archived