The Led Zeppelin Book List

thozil

Thought I'd start a thread on all the books written on the boys. I'd like to keep this to bios/histories, etc. (i.e. no music books with guitar tabs, etc.).

Gross, M. (1975). Led Zeppelin's Golden Boy Robert Plant. New York, NY: Popular Library

This was put out by Circus magazine. I have a copy and as far as I can remember it's not a bad read. Has many photos, most of which are well known.

CircusPaperback.jpg

Edited by thozil

• 2 months later...

I don't have pictures, but the books I've enjoyed are:

Get the Led Out by Denny Somach - has a nice Zeppelin timeline and lots of interesting interviews.

Led Zeppelin Revealed by Jason Draper - mostly good for it's pictures.

Led Zeppelin: Shadows Taller Than Our Souls by Charles Cross - lots of good pictures and memorabilia reproductions.

Led Zeppelin: Dazed and Confused by Chris Welch - an analysis of individual songs. Some interesting information.

Led Zeppelin: The Illustrated Biography by Gareth Thomas - mostly just good for it's pictures.

Led Zeppelin: When Giants Walked The Earth by Mick Wall - biography, probably more accurate than Hammer of the Gods.

LZ-'75 - by Stephen Davis - an in depth chronicle of the 1975 tour. Good read.

What You Want Is In The Limo by Michael Walker - how the 1973 tours of Led Zeppelin, Alice Cooper and The Who created the modern music business.

Just now, SteveAJones said:

That book cost him his social and professional relationship with Jimmy.

Yeah I remember reading something about that, though I don't recall the details. It's been a while since I flipped through this one, but I seem to remember it being less absurd than Hammer of the Gods.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Just received Led Zeppelin: All of their Songs for Christmas and it is a pretty amazing book. It breaks down each album and each song, giving recording date, techniques and equipment used, etc. The only issue I have is there are a few faux pas in the information such as claiming Jimmy used the Tele to record the slide guitar parts in BIGLY (I am 99% sure he used the same pedal steel guitar on BIGLY as he did on YTIGC) but other than that pretty good and insightful. Great never before seen pics as well.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:22 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Just received Led Zeppelin: All of their Songs for Christmas and it is a pretty amazing book. It breaks down each album and each song, giving recording date, techniques and equipment used, etc. The only issue I have is there are a few faux pas in the information such as claiming Jimmy used the Tele to record the slide guitar parts in BIGLY (I am 99% sure he used the same pedal steel guitar on BIGLY as he did on YTIGC) but other than that pretty good and insightful. Great never before seen pics as well.

When mine came my neighbor says "you have a package" and hands it to me.  I could not believe how heavy it was.  I had forgotten what I had coming being it was Xmas and all.  So I had no idea it was the LZ book at first.  VERY VERY HEAVY, JUST LIKE THE MUSIC!!!!!!  AND FABULOUS MEMORIES IN THERE

I just got Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin for Christmas.

My wife ordered it on line and picked it up from a bookstore in the USA.

She said the clerk was nervous when she picked it up who said it came unsealed and not in a box without her questioning its packaging.

How does this book ship?  

Do you think it was returned or opened in the store?

Happy New Year

Thanks

Kevin

If you're reading this, you need "Evenings With Led Zeppelin" by Mike Tremaglio and Dave Lewis. It's a stellar examination of each show the band played. It's like "The Concert File" on steroids. As a disclaimer, I've been friends with Mike for twenty years, but I'd still rave about it even if I didn't know him. It's a must have for everyone who loves Led Zeppelin.

51Wk4R2hDcL._SX385_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg