1968 Promo

Leslie Speeker

Hi!

I found this site while trying to research a poster I have. I've had this poster for many years, since 1969, I think. It's two-sided, with one side having the "1968 Promo" shot found on this site here:

http://www.ledzeppelin.com/photos/led-zeppelin/promo?page=3

The other side is printed with what is labeled as "1973 Promo", found on the same page, which is odd, since I feel certain I had this poster before 1973. I had long thought this poster came with my original Led Zep I album, but after some research this seems not to be the case. Did any posters come with an American release of the first album?
If anyone has any information about this poster, I would appreciate hearing from you. I would like to know such things as whether it was an official poster, a promo item, perhaps given to record stores, or what have you. To the best of my knowledge, my poster had no text or logos on it, although I can imagine my ten-year-old self cutting them off the bottom.

This is the image on one side:

Led Zeppelin Poster.jpg

The only American promo poster for the first record is the one advertising Ampex tapes:radE879Cm5Fbbb002.jpg2.jpg

I know of no vintage promo posters with printing on both sides. You need to provide more details, like pics or at least the exact size and if there is any fine print along the bottom.

I have it framed, so it's difficult to photograph, (all I have is a phone), and of course, only one side can be seen. It has no text on it that I can recall. It's been matted and (wooden) framed since the eighties, so it's been a while since i've even seen the other side, but I'm pretty sure it has no text on it anywhere. I know it's an odd item, having no text, and printed on two sides. It seems like the kind of thing that might come as an insert with a record. Who else would print a two-sided poster? Sorry I can't give you anything more. It's entirely possible it's some kind of bootleg item. I just don't know.

Any official promo would have something like 'copyright Atlantic Records' in the fine print. An insert in a record would either be smaller than 12" by 12", or have creases from being folded to fit in a sleeve. From the information you have, I suspect it's an 'unauthorized' poster sold in a head shop or possibly a one-of-a-kind piece from someone who enlarged the promo photos.

Archived