1977 Tour Rehearsal schedule

sam_webmaster

I was aware of those rehearsal dates but it's always great to see further confirmation! I am intrigued by the itinerary book for the third leg. Unsure if it's contents were scanned but it may reveal all of the cancelled dates, cities, venues. For example, I show Denver and San Diego were to be included but I do not have dates or venues. 

I was aware of those rehearsal dates but it's always great to see further confirmation! I am intrigued by the itinerary book for the third leg. Unsure if it's contents were scanned but it may reveal all of the cancelled dates, cities, venues. For example, I show Denver and San Diego were to be included but I do not have dates or venues. 

I thought the same thing when reading the cover of the third leg.  Plus I was wondering how much they actually rehearsed during those three days - since it's widely known they shipped everything over before postponing the start of the tour.    

• Administrators

I have them in my possession..... 

Just checking quickly: not seeing anything for Denver, San Diego.  It ends with August dates in Chicago (two nights), Buffalo (8/6),  Pittsburgh (two nights) & Philadelphia.

I have them in my possession..... 

Just checking quickly: not seeing anything for Denver, San Diego.  It ends with August dates in Chicago (two nights), Buffalo (8/6),  Pittsburgh (two nights) & Philadelphia.

Thanks for this, Sam. I do have confirmed dates, cites and venues to match that but had thought there were more as it was only a two week stint. Perhaps anything beyond these dates was still tentative and I actually don't have anything noted to attribute where "Denver" came from, while San Diego is attributed to "recollections of a ticket holder". It would seem that recollection is false, as there's no way a San Diego '77 date went on sale without press coverage or some tickets still being in existence.

Yes, absolutely. Those pics are from January 77, before the start of the tour was postponed. What's interesting is that the shot in the OP shows three whole days of rehearsals at the start of the tour in March, as originally planned. I'm wondering how much they did when they eventually got to the US in April.

Archived