Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Led Zeppelin Official Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Klape

Unheard detail

19 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was just listening to Rock and roll and in years I've never spotted that little part where Jimmy Page is going crazy : From 3:13 to 3:18

Do you have some little detail that most of us might not have heard ?

Even though I have been listening to Zep since 1969, there are still little bits that feel new and previously unheard. Maybe some of it is down to not remembering but it can feel great to think you have heard it for the first time.

Sometimes I'll turn the balance down to full left or full right to get a different sound. I remember being in 8th grade and doing that to the Lemon Song on my cassette boombox & was like woah.... listen to that gong....

there is a lot more noticeable vocal stuff going on with the remasters, little nuances id not noticed before 

Oh man, I definitely have a lot of those "oh what?" moments... I'm at work so I can't check out the timestamps, but...

• Sometime in Going to California, Robert's nose whistles.
  • Sometime in Tea for one, I hear a group of children playing/yelling.
  • Sometime in When the levee breaks, there is a muted hi-hat. (2:02)
Edited by SummerOfMySmiles

Something im curious about along the lines of this subject ... In BIGLY did Zep make an early attempt at the background pre vocal like they did on WLL or is that a bleed from another track?

or is that a bleed from another track?

Yes.

At the 1:41 mark of Led Zeppelin's version of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", it is possible to hear Plant singing, "I can hear it calling me" just before he sings the same line in full volume: bleed from Plant's scratch vocal appears on the drum tracks, which were recorded with the full band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_I'm_Gonna_Leave_You#Led_Zeppelin_version

Edited by Sathington Willoughby

One that always makes me smile (and I never noticed it until the remasters) is Robert's big-cat growl in For Your Life. 

:) 

Robert Plant whispers "Okay?" after the first verse of The Rain Song. ("It is the springtime of my loving.")  More than likely confirming to the engineer that his vocal level/volume is ok. 

In Stairway To Heaven at around 3:29 there is a muted note on the right side (electric) guitar. 

That's awesome, I've always knew Page was a bad guitarist. (I'm kidding okay !)

On 2/14/2016 at 3:30 PM, AndyBirger said:

In Stairway To Heaven at around 3:29 there is a muted note on the right side (electric) guitar. 

How did you discover that? Like many people on the forum I have been listening to stairway for eons and never noticed. Love discovering shit like that! 

On 17.2.2016 at 3:48 PM, Charles J. White said:

How did you discover that? Like many people on the forum I have been listening to stairway for eons and never noticed. Love discovering shit like that! 

I believe I was listening to it with only one headphone on. 

At 4:19 on hots on for nowhere you can hear bonham add one extra kick drum

6 hours ago, Jankerson said:

At 4:19 on hots on for nowhere you can hear bonham add one extra kick drum

How the fuck did you discover that? I love when their other music weirdos like me look for shit like that

Maybe someone has already post this before. At the end of IMTOD someone coughs, I believe it is Bonhan, and Plant adds "cough" :lol: