Unheard detail

Klape

Even though I have been listening to Zep since 1969, there are still little bits that feel new and previously unheard. Maybe some of it is down to not remembering but it can feel great to think you have heard it for the first time.

Oh man, I definitely have a lot of those "oh what?" moments... I'm at work so I can't check out the timestamps, but...

• Sometime in Going to California, Robert's nose whistles.
  • Sometime in Tea for one, I hear a group of children playing/yelling.
  • Sometime in When the levee breaks, there is a muted hi-hat. (2:02)

or is that a bleed from another track?

Yes.

At the 1:41 mark of Led Zeppelin's version of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", it is possible to hear Plant singing, "I can hear it calling me" just before he sings the same line in full volume: bleed from Plant's scratch vocal appears on the drum tracks, which were recorded with the full band.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_I'm_Gonna_Leave_You#Led_Zeppelin_version

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/14/2016 at 3:30 PM, AndyBirger said:

In Stairway To Heaven at around 3:29 there is a muted note on the right side (electric) guitar. 

How did you discover that? Like many people on the forum I have been listening to stairway for eons and never noticed. Love discovering shit like that! 

On 17.2.2016 at 3:48 PM, Charles J. White said:

How did you discover that? Like many people on the forum I have been listening to stairway for eons and never noticed. Love discovering shit like that! 

I believe I was listening to it with only one headphone on. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived