Robert Plant & the Sensational Space Shifters/Solo - 2016 Gigs/Tour Dates

Patrycja

• Administrators

Robert Plant discusses southern roots, upcoming concert

Tiana Kennell, tiana.kennell@shreveporttimes.com

Robert Plant may be from England, but his southern roots are planted deep in the U.S. The British rocker set off on the concert tour, Blues...Roots and Hollers (A Southern Journey) , earlier this month, and he's making his way across the region playing venues in Florida, Alabama and Mississippi.

Plant and The Sensational Space Shifters will perform at 8 p.m. Friday at Shreveport Municipal Auditorium.

The Led Zeppelin frontman played in Shreveport more than a decade ago, and he said the latest tour is mapped out to take him to places he's never performed or haven't visited enough.

He is anticipating getting back to Louisiana to play the historical stage of Municipal. The area's music history has been influential to him and other British musicians, he said.

Plant talked to The Times about the upcoming concert and his plans to further explore the historic Shreveport music scene and reconnect with northwest Louisiana music legends.

Why did you decide to do a Southern tour?

I realized when I released my most recent album (“Lullaby and ... the Ceaseless Roar”) that there were so may places I hadn't got to the first or second time around. So the plan was to just stay way south of the Mason-Dixon line — just stay with the hospitality and the down-home aspect. It's also home to some of the most important music I've experienced in this very vivid life. Louisiana is famous for its rich musical resonance. It's a really important place ... Lead Belly and Louisiana Hayride. .. It's not only a history lesson, there's also a pulse to it that helped create rock and roll music.

Will you get a chance to spend a little time in Shreveport again?

I plan to see and meet up with people who I knew and know most recently. I have some friends down there that were just working with Alison Krauss — The Cox Family — who are a remarkable family of great singers and great heart, too. And then I'm in touch with James Burton who is a national treasure. He's been such an inspirational guitar player for all of us — from Jimmy Page to Slash — everyone just raves about him, and he'll be coming to the show with some friends, too.

How has your music and style evolved over the years?

As much as I love what I do and what I've done, I've always inquisitive and I'm always learning. I wouldn't have known about your musicians in Louisiana if I didn't already have a thirst and a hunger in the first place for all kinds of music.  A lot of the music in Louisiana is not mainstream music. If you're going to have a life in music you have to really love it and draw from all areas of music and that's what I do.

How has it been playing with The Sensational Space Shifters?

I've been around these guys for quite a long time and it's just an inherent natural kind of a tribal thing we've got going.  — it's quite a bit like being on a motorcycle riding on the wall and upside down.

What more can fans look forward to coming from you and the band?

We're working on new songs as we go along, which is really good because even yesterday at the sound check we got an idea going that was pretty good. I've been invited to do a few other things that sounds pretty good. I'm happy and I'm still on some kind of quest which is really good. I can't always say what it is, but I'm enjoying my days and it can't be better than that really.

What: Robert Plant and The Sensational Space Shifters

Where: Shreveport Municipal Memorial Auditorium

When: 8 p.m., March 11

Cost: $60 for general admission floor, $50-$60 reserved seating

Info: Tickets are available at the Shreveport Convention Center from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. and all Ticketmaster locations, online at ticketmaster.com or charge by phone 800-745-3000. Tickets will be available day of show at the Municipal Auditorium.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/entertainment/music/2016/03/09/robert-plant-discusses-past-time-shreveport-upcoming-concert/81478382/

My countdown:  to being in the same building and seeing Mr. Robert Plant's concert in Dallas, Texas on Tuesday, March 15, 2016:

Around 92 hours from now (or something like that time-frame).  I will recalculate the actual countdown when I have a more and better grasp of the actual countdown hours.  I like and prefer to be as precise as possible. 

Anyways, I am going to a Live Robert Plant Concert in the next few days!!!  How many other peoples of the World and even the United States of America can make and bolster such a claim?  I know that there are thousands of others, but to honestly stake such a claim (as I am) and post it on this Forum seems be very unlikely. 

Anyone else going to see Mr. Plant in His limited American Tour of the Mighty Southern States of the Great United States? 

I saw him in Baton Rouge and had every intention of seeing him again in Shreveport and doing the Jimmy Burton Meet and Greet but the epic flooding around my home and also in Shreveport made that journey impossible unfortunately.

They were really really good in Baton Rouge.  In my opinion the Spaceshifters have really improved since I last saw them about a year and a half ago.  It was a lot of fun to see them and I think you will enjoy the show immensely.  I could go into detail but I don't want to spoil the setlist or anticipation for you.

• Administrators

SXSW 2016: Robert Plant to pay tribute to KUTX DJ Paul Ray at Austin Music Awards

http://music.blog.austin360.com/2016/03/15/sxsw-2016-robert-plant-to-pay-tribute-to-kutx-dj-paul-ray-at-austin-music-awards/

Former Led Zeppelin frontman Robert Plant will join the cast of Austin’s top local musicians on Wednesday at the Austin Music Awards at the Hilton Austin.

“During his time living in Austin, Plant frequently tuned in to KUT/KUTX on Saturday nights for Ray’s specialty show Twine Time and was eager to pay respects to one of his favorite deejays,” an announcement from the festival said this morning. “Performance details will be a surprise for guests, and will include multiple songs inspired by the music Paul Ray loved and isn’t a part of Plant’s normal concert repertoire.”

Tickets to the show are on sale now for $25.
http://www.austinchronicle.com/austin-music-awards/show/

It is always a very great pleasure to see any former member of Led Zeppelin and tonight was no different.  Robert Plant live in Dallas, Texas was and will always remain in My memory.  I consider it a very big thrill and a lucky event to say that I was at a Robert Plant concert last night.  I was and will cherish the memory forever. 

I would also like to say that I met an Awesome member of this Forum, zepscoda.  He is an awesome dude that is also very knowledgeable fan of Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant.  I consider Myself very fortunate to talk to him and drink a couple of beers with him as we both watched and enjoyed a very awesome performance of Mr. Robert Anthony Plant. 

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

It is always a very great pleasure to see any former member of Led Zeppelin and tonight was no different.  Robert Plant live in Dallas, Texas was and will always remain in My memory.  I consider it a very big thrill and a lucky event to say that I was at a Robert Plant concert last night.  I was and will cherish the memory forever. 

I would also like to say that I met an Awesome member of this Forum, zepscoda.  He is an awesome dude that is also very knowledgeable fan of Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant.  I consider Myself very fortunate to talk to him and drink a couple of beers with him as we both watched and enjoyed a very awesome performance of Mr. Robert Anthony Plant. 

What did they play, and did you take some pics?

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Incredible show last night. Robert Plant just gets better and better with each passing year...I was blown away. ... Great meeting kingzoso aswell.. Always nice having a few beers with a forum member,   had a great time!

The Bomb Factory was packed, we got as close as we could. Even though we were on the side of the venue close to the bar, the sound was really really clear. The levels were perfect. The band has become amazingly tight, not that they weren't in the past, but their jamming has become telepathic and seemless.

Highlights of the night for me were:

In The Mood

Another Tribe

Fixing to Die

I devoured a nice brownie importated from Colorado :) before the show... Needless to say, the evening was very psychedelic.

Got this set list off of setlist.com....It looks pretty accurate...

1. The Lemon Song,
  2. Rainbow,
  3. Black Dog,
  4. Another Tribe
  5. Spoonful,
  6. In the Mood,
  7. No Place to Go / Dazed and Confused,
  8. Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You,
  9. Little Maggie,
  10. Fixin' to Die,
  11. I Just Want to Make Love to You / Whole Lotta Love / Mona,
  12. Poor Howard ,Rock n Roll

Here's a couple of pics...

0315162200a~2.jpg

0315162156g~2.jpg

1 hour ago, anniemouse said:

That sounded immense and Robert's voice sounds on really top form.

It really was....whenever I see Robert live two things typically happen..the first, the day of the show I feel on top of the world..one of the best natural highs I can think of. Artistically only Jimmy, Jonsey and Robert can make that happen for me... the best analogy I can think of would be the feeling of an altar boy about to meet the Lord...lol...

The day after the show the second thing typically happens..as the day unfolds the intensity of the show that I witness the night before is fully realized. Much like other surreal situations it takes time for my mind to accept what has taken place.... it was awe inspiring!

Archived