Robert Plant & the Sensational Space Shifters/Solo - 2016 Gigs/Tour Dates

Patrycja

Glad to hear that all of you who have had the opportunity had a memorable time seeing Robert. Thanks for the videos and photos:-) :peace:

^^^^^Thanks Sam for the article above. Patrycja also for the articles you posted:-) I missed a lot on this thread!  

...oh, one more note on the Dallas "Ides of March" show...the Bomb Factory was packed... like sardines in a psychedelic shoebox.

I took the blue pic, I can't take credit for the crowd pic. That was taken by the nice women that sold me her extra ticket to the show.

Kingzoso took some good pics, hopefully he posts some soon!

0315162151a.jpg

IMG_4882~2.jpg

16 hours ago, kingzoso said:

It is always a very great pleasure to see any former member of Led Zeppelin and tonight was no different.  Robert Plant live in Dallas, Texas was and will always remain in My memory.  I consider it a very big thrill and a lucky event to say that I was at a Robert Plant concert last night.  I was and will cherish the memory forever. 

I would also like to say that I met an Awesome member of this Forum, zepscoda.  He is an awesome dude that is also very knowledgeable fan of Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant.  I consider Myself very fortunate to talk to him and drink a couple of beers with him as we both watched and enjoyed a very awesome performance of Mr. Robert Anthony Plant. 

9 hours ago, zepscoda said:

Incredible show last night. Robert Plant just gets better and better with each passing year...I was blown away. ... Great meeting kingzoso aswell.. Always nice having a few beers with a forum member,   had a great time!

The Bomb Factory was packed, we got as close as we could. Even though we were on the side of the venue close to the bar, the sound was really really clear. The levels were perfect. The band has become amazingly tight, not that they weren't in the past, but their jamming has become telepathic and seemless.

Highlights of the night for me were:

In The Mood

Another Tribe

Fixing to Die

I devoured a nice brownie importated from Colorado :) before the show... Needless to say, the evening was very psychedelic.

Got this set list off of setlist.com....It looks pretty accurate...

1. The Lemon Song,
  2. Rainbow,
  3. Black Dog,
  4. Another Tribe
  5. Spoonful,
  6. In the Mood,
  7. No Place to Go / Dazed and Confused,
  8. Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You,
  9. Little Maggie,
  10. Fixin' to Die,
  11. I Just Want to Make Love to You / Whole Lotta Love / Mona,
  12. Poor Howard ,Rock n Roll

Here's a couple of pics...

0315162200a~2.jpg

0315162156g~2.jpg

That's cool you guys got to meet up. Wish I would have went to that, it's been so long since he's been here in Phoenix.

2 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

That's cool you guys got to meet up. Wish I would have went to that, it's been so long since he's been here in Phoenix.

It would be cool to do a regional fourm fan meet up. Not easy though, schedule conflicts make it very difficult. ...but well worth it. It's not every day you can have a in depth conversation ( in person ) about Zep. Kingzoso   knows his stuff..

Here's a cool pic from last night. I didn't take it, I pulled it off Facebook...

FB_IMG_1458169272266.jpg

5 hours ago, zepscoda said:

It would be cool to do a regional fourm fan meet up. Not easy though, schedule conflicts make it very difficult. ...but well worth it. It's not every day you can have a in depth conversation ( in person ) about Zep. Kingzoso   knows his stuff..

Here's a cool pic from last night. I didn't take it, I pulled it off Facebook...

FB_IMG_1458169272266.jpg

Thanks, zepscoda for the kind words.  Again, I had a really great time seeing Mr. Plant and meeting you. 

luvlz2:  It really is cool to meet people on this awesome forum dedicated to Led Zeppelin.  I had the pleasure of meeting just one other and that was "angel with a broken wing" when I flew to Las Vegas to attend (what apparently is/was) the 4th to the last concert that RUSH ever performed.  zepscoda know his Led Zeppelin and angel definitely knows her Rush. 

SXSW: Robert Plant Lights Up Austin Music Awards with Late Late Show

Robert Plant hit the stage at about 12:30 a.m. to pay tribute to the late Austin DJ Paul Ray, who Plant -- referred to himself as “not a native son but…a surrogate nephew” of the city -- listened to when he resided for a brief time in Austin several years ago. The leather-jacketed Plant called Ray’s program “my anchor, quite often, at least sonically” during his time there and said he was performing “to say thanks to (Ray’s) contribution to me.”

http://www.billboard.com/articles/events/sxsw/7262988/sxsw-robert-austin-music-awards

2016-03-18-15-08-46.png

Robert Plant at The Moody Theater, Austin, TX, USA

1. The Lemon Song
  2. Rainbow
  3. Black Dog
  4. Turn It Up
  5. Spoonful
  6. In the Mood
  7. No Place to Go / Dazed and Confused
  8. Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
  9. Little Maggie
  10. Fixin' to Die
  11. I Just Want to Make Love to You / Whole Lotta Love / Hey Bo Diddley
  12. Satan Your Kingdom Must Come Down / In My Time of Dying

On March 16, 2016 at 8:56 PM, Walter said:

I see Robert is having a simulcast on Monday from Austin.  I have the link somewhere around here...

Here it is: 

Is everyone 'In The Mood'????

Did Rainbow twice.... I thought it was great the first time...but he added the "Sea of Love "  lyric in there on the second take...after " Do you remember... "

Love Justin Adams E Bow and slide on that tune!

8 minutes ago, zepscoda said:

Did Rainbow twice.... I thought it was great the first time...but he added the "Sea of Love "  lyric in there on the second take...after " Do you remember... "

Love Justin Adams E Bow and slide on that tune!

Yes, the first take he sang part of "Young Boy Blues" but not in the 2nd take.  That song perfectly sums up where he is right now.  Love it!  What a treat hearing it twice!

Archived