Plant vs Pages's Future Musical Directions

McSeven

Just speculating.  After flirting with different styles.  Do you think that Robert will return to his Zeppelin roots on his next album.  It seems like he has been really trying to get away from any type of songs that bring to mind his Zeppelin roots.  Esspeically his last couple of albums.

For some reason that I have yet to articulate well.  I think that Page is going to stay closer to his Zeppelin roots for his new album when it comes out. 

What do you all think? 

Plant has confounded me since FON, and actually I am waiting for the usual derogatory remarks from

Steve the head honcho. The comments are logical but instead of the 436 dry responses already heard,

put some humor into it. If Page does release something, to avoid falling into the probable classic rock

traps, he should work with musicians who are as left field as they come.

Just speculating.  After flirting with different styles.  Do you think that Robert will return to his Zeppelin roots on his next album.  It seems like he has been really trying to get away from any type of songs that bring to mind his Zeppelin roots.  Esspeically his last couple of albums.

For some reason that I have yet to articulate well.  I think that Page is going to stay closer to his Zeppelin roots for his new album when it comes out. 

What do you all think? 

Plant is unpredictable; who knows where his muse will take him this time.  As for Page, I'll believe it when I see it.  I'm rooting for him to actually get it done but I'm nor waiting on pins and needles.  If he can produce an album of new material, cool.  If he were to ask my advice (fat chance!) I would suggest that he try his hand at more "personal" songs.  Instead of grandiose sonic structures like Kashmir or Whole Lotta Love compose songs that speak to his own life experiences.   What is it like to be a 71 year old rock icon?  What did he have to give up to become Jimmy Page the rock star?  What are his triumphs and regrets?  Most rock stars would write an autobiography but you're Jimmy Page; you've always wanted to be known through your music.  Okay, so tell us.  

I haven't anything to say on this topic aside from there is no new Page album and Plant's last one sucks.

I will go a step further, blast me if you must, but I don't care for any of RP's solo work. The first one was probably the best, but it sounded like watered down Zep to me. JP? - the jury's still out.

I haven't anything to say on this topic aside from there is no new Page album and Plant's last one sucks.

I don't think Plat's last album sucked, it was ok in regard to my own personal tastes but I do believe his adventure with country / Americana music has more than run its course. I hope Plant moves into a different direction should he decide to continue, however if he pulls a Neal Peart I wish him all the best.

Archived