31 disc Earls Court set by Empress Valley!

lololabrute

On 12/12/2015 at 6:08 PM, TheGreatOne said:

wow, King Crimson of all bands.  I never listened to them but seem like struggling musicians desperate for attention.

IMHO,  All the members of Kc in all of it's incarnations have been top rate musicians and they have a lot of music to listen to that spans many veins. Ten years ago this April they started their own website (DGM Live) and have been selling their own recordings and boots that were sent to them. You can buy in either mp3 or flac form for a reasonable price with downloadable artwork.  I've purchased 20 flac concerts for around 12 bucks each. They also have free mp3 downloads called "hot tickles", sometimes they are rehearsals, some live or alternate takes. It's a decent site.

just published on the AirRaid site by Niwa: coming soon: "Tight But Loose / Earl's Court The Final Option 31CDs"   $650.-

Welcome Home : CD1-3: May 17th Audience source mix
No Quarter : CD4-6: May 18th Audience source mix
The Awesome Fouesome : CD7-10 : May 23rd Audience source mix
Forth Coming : CD11-14 : May 24th Audience source mix
Great Taste Last Night : CD15-18 : May 25th Audience source mix
He Must Be Dazed and Confused : CD19-22 : May 24th, Soundboard source mix
Zeppelin Express Physical Rocket : CD23-26 : May 25th, Soundboard source mix
Bonus Discs CD27-31

Oh, I'm sure there's some diehard Zeppelin fan out there with the disposable income ready to pony up the dough for this monstrosity...and the folks at EVSD damned well know it, which is why they lashed this set together in the first place...

Great Googly Moogly, this one is over $1,000  0.o    The price of Gold is suppose to take off this Tuesday, those are the people who gonna be able to afford it..haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Led-Zeppelin-Five-Glorious-Daze-Tarantura-ultra-rare-2nd-edition-21-CD-box-set-/262288980744?hash=item3d11a43b08:g:e64AAOSwWTRWv0FF

16 hours ago, TheGreatOne said:

Great Googly Moogly, this one is over $1,000  0.o    The price of Gold is suppose to take off this Tuesday, those are the people who gonna be able to afford it..haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Led-Zeppelin-Five-Glorious-Daze-Tarantura-ultra-rare-2nd-edition-21-CD-box-set-/262288980744?hash=item3d11a43b08:g:e64AAOSwWTRWv0FF

This one ships from Greece. Is a numbered (13/100), 1st edition, black set...

https://www.discogs.com/sell/release/7976545?ev=rb

Up to nearly $1500, about 3 x shop price.  Same seller sold half a dozen of the first press, the first few at more or less retail price so either got a good deal from the shop or didn't make a lot - seems to be going for the jugular on this set :lol:.     I think the red packaging looks more striking than the black but wouldn't be paying that much for something with second press stamped across the /100 part of the back.    At least the label honoured the first press exclusivity of the black set.

I used to list my old boots on Ebay and they'd be shut down within hours, wonder how some people operate with impunity with such high profile listings?

Now listed at £2,500 :lol:.       I don't know if I'd be surprised to see someone buy it or not -  I've seen plenty of much more common boots sell for 20 x the regular price as sellers peddle the illusion that the massive price simply must confirm the sheer rarity, luxury etc etc.    

Now hurry it up EV and take my cash.

9 hours ago, jbrum77634 said:

I used to list my old boots on Ebay and they'd be shut down within hours, wonder how some people operate with impunity with such high profile listings?

In the last 2 or 3 years, Atlantic stopped being so hyper-vigilant about bootlegs on Ebay. There was a big bubble as a result but of late prices have come back down to more reasonable levels.

19 hours ago, Pb! said:

In the last 2 or 3 years, Atlantic stopped being so hyper-vigilant about bootlegs on Ebay. There was a big bubble as a result but of late prices have come back down to more reasonable levels.

Ebay halted my selling privileges forever and also closed a friends account because it was linked to my Paypal.  I don't miss the hassle of dealing with non-payers and deadbeats and generally Ebay doing nothing to help sellers but found/find their policies....selective.     There are pro-sellers with 500+  bootleg items listed 365 days a year and have been for many years but I guess they generate more fees for Ebay.    

3 hours ago, juxtiphi said:

I am surprised that with such a big box set that they didn't include any video.

Red box - unnumbered, 2nd edition - seems to be sold???? Would there really be anybody paying that much???? ALMOST $ 14,000.-

• 2 weeks later...

Or people deliberately inflated the price to wind the seller up and e bay noticed the price and pulled the ad?

The 5=25 show in this packaged sounds better to me than previous matrixes. I haven't listened to it enough to determine if it's different or really better.

See for yourself. Go on a BEAUTIFUL site  and rip 5-25. Physical Rocket, before it starts to gradually become reduced to one or two songs like" He Must Be Dazed And Confused" . Nothing unique to my ears on that one anyway.

Even as a collector I see nothing in this package to justify paying a fraction of what it's going for.

If the other 3 nights soundboards were included...........nah. Something to look forward to.

I'm content with my audience copies of those for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived