2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

20 minutes ago, icantquityoubabe said:

WaaaaaaHeeeeeee!!!!  Great bouncing icebergs!!  The Cubbies are gonna eat dem Injuns!!!?

I am glad to see you back on this baseball topic.  Scroll back and see what I posted to your inane and ignorant comment calling me a "bitch ass Cards fan".  Why would you say that to someone you have never met or really know nothing about?  I am on this Great and Awesome Forum for one reason and one reason only:  and that is My Love for Led Zeppelin and their Music, History and Legacy. 

The fact that I am a lifelong and loyal fan of the Saint Louis Cardinals is really not relevant in the whole scheme of things regarding this Forum.  Why you would choose to take such things so personal is what I am really asking. 

The fact that you called me a "bitch ass..." says a lot more about you and how you think, then I could ever say, and that means that you are basically a sore loser and a person that resorts to ignorant and disgusting things when you have nothing positive to say and have to resort to vitriol retaliations. 

Edited to add:  From what I gather, you are not a very intelligent person, so you may have to look up some of these words that I am sure that you do not understand or have no understanding of what they represent.  Google is the quickest and easiest way to find out what they mean.  I am trying to help you so you do not make the repeated mistake of embarrassing yourself to the next person you wish to demean or vilify. 

On Saturday, October 22, 2016 at 2:38 AM, kingzoso said:

I know that this will piss off some but I really don't care and I really hope that the Los Angeles Dodgers defeat the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in front of the very, very desperate Cubs fans.  If that does not happen, I have every confidence that the Cleveland Indians will do the job and make a mockery of the 2016 "team of destiny" that will not be the Chicago Cubs. 

Also, I said correctly that whoever icantquityoubabe is, that he never did reply to my post, 4 posts above. I was correct in my saying that he was inconsiderate and unprovoked for calling me a "bitch ass Cards fan".  I may be a "bitch ass" (although I am not), at least I say what I mean and I mean what I say.  I think that I really scared him by saying that I was going to report him to the Admins.  That was a ruse.  I am not that type of person to do such a thing, regardless of what rude, ignorant, inappropriate, etc... names I am called.  Those are just words, words that will never hurt Me (never hurt but there is so much abuse a person can withstand).  How about it icantquityoubabe?  Wanna test My threshold?  Again, I do not think that you have the "balls" to respond.  Prove Me wrong and say what you want to say and I will shut you down again (and again). I am very good in these situations. 

Lighten up, Francis...

15 hours ago, kingzoso said:

...it would be.  That was one of the things that I talked to with Jake Arrieta's mom.  She said something along the lines of "even if the Cubs make it to the World Series but end up losing, the Chicago Cubs fans are gonna feel disappointment all over again" (again not a direct quote but very similar). 

Edited to add:  My congratulations to the Chicago Cubs. 

Oh now you are going to congratulate them?  You are the lamest excuse for a human being I have ever seen.  Icantquityoubabe is a freakin genius in comparison to you and  your lame brain long winded rants.  Go look  up any word you want to in your repetitive  and limited and inflammatory vocabulary.   You are a jack arse.  So this guy Icantquityoubabe figured you out fast.  Go Cubs!!!!  From the heart!!!!!  Also, i m sooo happy the Rams are out of St Louis.

And by the way, if you are trying to get the mods to come in and referee your little arguments, why not just go right to the source rather than try and do it in a "subtle" way?  You are not fooling anyone.  Your accusations in your first paragraph to Icantquityoubabe are obvious attempts to incite the mods.  Stop your whining.  The Cubs are out of it and so are my Orioles.  There is always next year. 

11 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

long winded rants.  

Long winded rants?  Are you really serious?  You are the master of "long winded rants", regarding Baseball, Football and Hockey.  Do I have to even offer proof of this?  Your rants are disjointed and full of lame excuses of why your team lost.  You blame everything on everyone else but your team.  I mean, for real?  Plus, you have terrible grammar, punctuation, and serious spelling errors/mistakes.  You have a lot of "balls" to say that my rants are long winded.  Yours take the cake. 

Just go back to your reply to Strider 6 hours ago.  Better still I will post it just in case you forgot or want to forget.  Talk about "long winded" and "rants", I think that you should really reevaluate calling someone long winded when you are the master of such things.

This is what I call "long winded" and this is definitely a "rant" and a sorry post that made about 7 hours ago:

For one thing McCoy was pulled early (hamstring).  Many starters were out.  Woods, our star Center, Woods the receiver was yanked as his injury was too much.  We have no Sammy Watkins to boot.  Gilmore sucked as usual when it counted and blew the coverage on a lucky pass from Tannehill.  I still think Tannehil sucks and is not the long term answer for the Dolphins.  If any of their fans disagree, do tell.  I stand by my  take on this subject.  We were banged up but Rex Ryan  could have been better with their selection of plays at crunch time.  They must get healthy to some degree by next week.  Get fat Dareus in the lineup, and the top pick that did play well today.  We have the New England game two matchup coming up.  I know many will say we have no shot in that game but I strongly disagree.  If McCoy is ready to rumble, we can win.  Run the ball down their throats and also have the 12th man (crowd) made it miserable for Brady and the clock.  WE can beat them again.  Do not judge the Bills on one road loss with 11 men injured.  We will make Miami pay when they come up later.  Its the first time they have beat us in 6.  We shall pay the Jets back also.  We are far from out of this thing.

I am equally mad at the Rams, actually more.  Fucking Fisher should be Fishing.   The prick has had his time and now they need to fire him and get a real coach.  Back when Georgia Frontiere, the  then  widow of the late Carrol Rosenbloom who owned the Rams when he passed away was not so quick to pull  the trigger on coach's as are the Lions.  The Rams in my opinion should pull the trigger on Jeff Fisher who is not such a bad coach but IMO, he needs a change of venue.  And the Rams need a new face.  This team is loaded with fast talent.  The  "floating duck" of a pass that resembled a throw by the old Vikes QB Joe Kapp or maybe a Billy Kilmer ball, was thrown blindly right to the Giants defender in the end zone, as the Rams failed to seal the TD from the 14 yard line with less than a minute left!!!!  Nice call Jeff!!!  The 9 hour fight home might make you think about it.  London to LA?  At least 9?

Edited to add:  I edited this to add bold face to Rick's rant.  So Rick, are my "rants" so technically and grammatically worse then yours?  I know when and how to use a "comma" (and so much more then you do). Nobody cares or really wants to read so much nonsense that you espouse every Fucking weekend.  If you do want one person to care, stop ranting and raving and make your point in one or two sentences.  It must take you about an hour to type this nonsense that hardly anyone ever reads. That to me is funny because you are wasting your time on something that nobody reads or cares about.  I think that that shit is funny as hell.

Keep it up and you will always prove Me right.  You have a long "rant" about how all your teams lose.  Just remember that no one really cares if your teams win or lose.  If you do, then you are more of a "jack arse" then I am. 

...and by the way, I hope that the Cleveland Indians decimate the Chicago Cubs in the World Series. 

4 hours ago, icantquityoubabe said:

Still no pitchers listed for game one?  We know Kluber will get the call but Cubs could go with either Arrietta or Lester?   In Las Vegas the Cubs are favored at -200 even though Cleveland has home field!

Again I noticed that you never replied to my post.  Why is that?  I will refrain from saying anything negative, but I have a strong feeling that you are a "weak person" and one who does not have the right responses to defend yourself.  Weak indeed. 

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Long winded rants?  Are you really serious?  You are the master of "long winded rants", regarding Baseball, Football and Hockey.  Do I have to even offer proof of this?  Your rants are disjointed and full of lame excuses of why your team lost.  You blame everything on everyone else but your team.  I mean, for real?  Plus, you have terrible grammar, punctuation, and serious spelling errors/mistakes.  You have a lot of "balls" to say that my rants are long winded.  Yours take the cake. 

Just go back to your reply to Strider 6 hours ago.  Better still I will post it just in case you forgot or want to forget.  Talk about "long winded" and "rants", I think that you should really reevaluate calling someone long winded when you are the master of such things.

This is what I call "long winded" and this is definitely a "rant" and a sorry post that made about 7 hours ago:

For one thing McCoy was pulled early (hamstring).  Many starters were out.  Woods, our star Center, Woods the receiver was yanked as his injury was too much.  We have no Sammy Watkins to boot.  Gilmore sucked as usual when it counted and blew the coverage on a lucky pass from Tannehill.  I still think Tannehil sucks and is not the long term answer for the Dolphins.  If any of their fans disagree, do tell.  I stand by my  take on this subject.  We were banged up but Rex Ryan  could have been better with their selection of plays at crunch time.  They must get healthy to some degree by next week.  Get fat Dareus in the lineup, and the top pick that did play well today.  We have the New England game two matchup coming up.  I know many will say we have no shot in that game but I strongly disagree.  If McCoy is ready to rumble, we can win.  Run the ball down their throats and also have the 12th man (crowd) made it miserable for Brady and the clock.  WE can beat them again.  Do not judge the Bills on one road loss with 11 men injured.  We will make Miami pay when they come up later.  Its the first time they have beat us in 6.  We shall pay the Jets back also.  We are far from out of this thing.

I am equally mad at the Rams, actually more.  Fucking Fisher should be Fishing.   The prick has had his time and now they need to fire him and get a real coach.  Back when Georgia Frontiere, the  then  widow of the late Carrol Rosenbloom who owned the Rams when he passed away was not so quick to pull  the trigger on coach's as are the Lions.  The Rams in my opinion should pull the trigger on Jeff Fisher who is not such a bad coach but IMO, he needs a change of venue.  And the Rams need a new face.  This team is loaded with fast talent.  The  "floating duck" of a pass that resembled a throw by the old Vikes QB Joe Kapp or maybe a Billy Kilmer ball, was thrown blindly right to the Giants defender in the end zone, as the Rams failed to seal the TD from the 14 yard line with less than a minute left!!!!  Nice call Jeff!!!  The 9 hour fight home might make you think about it.  London to LA?  At least 9?

Edited to add:  I edited this to add bold face to Rick's rant.  So Rick, are my "rants" so technically and grammatically worse then yours?  I know when and how to use a "comma" (and so much more then you do). Nobody cares or really wants to read so much nonsense that you espouse every Fucking weekend.  If you do want one person to care, stop ranting and raving and make your point in one or two sentences.  It must take you about an hour to type this nonsense that hardly anyone ever reads. That to me is funny because you are wasting your time on something that nobody reads or cares about.  I think that that shit is funny as hell.

Keep it up and you will always prove Me right.  You have a long "rant" about how all your teams lose.  Just remember that no one really cares if your teams win or lose.  If you do, then you are more of a "jack arse" then I am. 

...and by the way, I hope that the Cleveland Indians decimate the Chicago Cubs in the World Series. 

Long rants?  At least I have substance to what I type.  You read it. That makes you a sucker.  I read some of yours until the repetition of the breast pounding over the Cardinals starts to just put me to sleep.  Do not be fooled.  People here do read.  i have been banned enough times to know that.  

When in the hell are they going to name the starting pitchers?  I mean, come on Madden.  What the fuck?  I cant put my bets in if you don't let them post the lines.  I am going Cubs no matter.  But i will admit Kluber scares me.  If I am the Cubs I go with Jake Arietta in game two

Just now, kingzoso said:

I really hope that the Cleveland Indians decimate the Chicago Cubs in the World Series.

Sorry Paul, I did not mean to drag you into this, but when I posted this your name came up.  I am posting this from my phone and I couldn't erase your name.

26 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Here's hoping for a great World Series...

What balances the scales a bit is this rule of the All Star game.  Now we all know, and even the King has to admit that the Cubs deserve home field because they had by far the best record in baseball.  Just imagine if Toronto or Baltimore had made it in as a Wild Card?  The complaints would be endless.  I do think based on what has happened they need to re visit this.  The All Star game does not represent a thing.  Do you think the Yankee fans are cheering for the Indians?  I assure you they are cheering for the Cubs and Mr Chapman.  It will make them look better in the end.  I like the Cubs regardless if the series is played on the Moon.   Game one is pretty even because I have to give Kluber a slight edge over Lester, and like I had earlier predicted, Madden did the right thing by saving Arrieta for game two.  You see King, I do know something about this game.  The Cubs lineup is better than the Indians.  But its a horse race because of the All Star game rule.  The scary thing about the Cubs and the bad news for Cardinal and Pirate and Brewer fans is that the Cubs are going to be good for a long time.   Atlanta Braves good.  But the difference I hope is they will get it done.  If it does not happen this year, expect to see them in again next year and the next year and stronger each time.  Struaber comes back next year.  He is a beast.  If I were a Cards fan I would be shaking in my boots.  My Orioles play that division next year.  So we have to play the Cubs.  I would think In Baltimore as the last time we played them it was at Wrigley field.  But i am not sure how they come up with these things?  Go Cubs!!!!!!!

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Game one is pretty even because I have to give Kluber a slight edge over Lester, and like I had earlier predicted, Madden did the right thing by saving Arrieta for game two.  You see King, I do know something about this game.  

That dude Kluber struck out 14 Chicago Cubs over 7 innings.  That is very impressive.  Top of the 8th, one on and one out for the Cubs. 

I know it is only one game, but the Cleveland Indians dominated the Chicago Cubs this game.  Tomorrow Jake Arrieta starts for the Cubs.  I am thinking I may possibly see his mother sometime tomorrow before the start of Game 2. 

On 10/24/2016 at 11:39 PM, kingzoso said:

I really hope that the Cleveland Indians decimate the Chicago Cubs in the World Series.

Being a Cards fan, why can't you root for the National League? If it was the Dodgers in the series I would root for them even though they are SF's worst rival.

vin·dic·tive
vēnˈdiktiv/
adjective
adjective: vindictive
  1. having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.

That is you.

2 minutes ago, redrum said:

Being a Cards fan, why can't you root for the National League? If it was the Dodgers in the series I would root for them even though they are SF's worst rival.

vin·dic·tive
vēnˈdiktiv/
adjective
adjective: vindictive
  1. having or showing a strong or unreasoning desire for revenge.

That is you.

Maybe he just likes seeing Jake Arrieta's mother suffer?

16 hours ago, kingzoso said:

That dude Kluber struck out 14 Chicago Cubs over 7 innings.  That is very impressive.  Top of the 8th, one on and one out for the Cubs. 

I know it is only one game, but the Cleveland Indians dominated the Chicago Cubs this game.  Tomorrow Jake Arrieta starts for the Cubs.  I am thinking I may possibly see his mother sometime tomorrow before the start of Game 2. 

I have little doubt the Cubs will respond like they did vs a Dodgers team with a deeper pen.  Kluber has been great in this playoffs.  I give him full credit.  But lets not pretend this thing is anywhere close to being over after one game vs the best team in baseball.  The poor woman's misfortune to have the likes of you to socialize with when there are so many more that want the Cubs to win.  Does she know of your deception?

Kluber was the man last night--I was going to second guess Tito taking him out during the top of the 7th, but how can you second guess a manager who's only lost one playoff game so far--not to mention having 2 rings. Francona obviously knows what he's doing and is pushing all the right buttons.

But--it's only one game--but who knows which Jake Arrieta will show up tonight. If the Indians win tonight, it might be Series over...

5 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Kluber was the man last night--I was going to second guess Tito taking him out during the top of the 7th, but how can you second guess a manager who's only lost one playoff game so far--not to mention having 2 rings. Francona obviously knows what he's doing and is pushing all the right buttons.

But--it's only one game--but who knows which Jake Arrieta will show up tonight. If the Indians win tonight, it might be Series over...

Yeah, it might be series over all right!!    For the Injuns!!!!!  Hey a humma humma humma,  Hey a humma humma humma.  :popcorn2:  Cubs will not lose another game!

Alright, Cubs. There will be no tribe sweep.

I know that times have changed, but it used to be that a local station would always carry the World Series. I mean, that was America to the core when October rolled around. Instead, we have to suffer through moronic comedy or drama shows or pay for the 'privilege' to see the games. The almighty dollar is the bottom fuckin' line.

53 minutes ago, redrum said:

Alright, Cubs. There will be no tribe sweep.

I know that times have changed, but it used to be that a local station would always carry the World Series. I mean, that was America to the core when October rolled around. Instead, we have to suffer through moronic comedy or drama shows or pay for the 'privilege' to see the games. The almighty dollar is the bottom fuckin' line.

I am kinda confused by your post but from what I gather, watching the World Series is free to watch.  It should be on your local Fox chanel.  Here in Dallas it is on chanel 4.  

Archived