2016 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL THREAD

SuperDave

Spring Training Baseball (or Exhibition) games have begun. 

The Saint Louis Cardinals played a Florida Atlantic team earlier yesterday and were down 6-1 in the bottom of the 4th inning.  Guess what happened?  The Saint Louis Cardinals scored 12 runs in the bottom of the 8th inning.  12 runs.  The final score:  6-13. 

On another note, the Baltimore Orioles started their pre-season the way they ended the past season.  Losing to the Atlanta Braves by a score of 11-4. 

I know that it is only Spring Training Baseball but the Baltimore Orioles have not won a Spring Training game thus far.  Their record at the current moment is 0 wins and 7 losses.  The Orioles are the only team to not have won a single game so far.  If I were a Baltimore Orioles fan, I would take this as an ominous harbinger of things to come and ultimately go badly for them during the regular MLB Season. 

On 3/8/2016 at 2:09 AM, kingzoso said:

I know that it is only Spring Training Baseball but the Baltimore Orioles have not won a Spring Training game thus far.  Their record at the current moment is 0 wins and 7 losses.  The Orioles are the only team to not have won a single game so far.  If I were a Baltimore Orioles fan, I would take this as an ominous harbinger of things to come and ultimately go badly for them during the regular MLB Season. 

Make that 0 wins and 8 losses.  I predict another dismal season for the Baltimore Orioles (again) and for the people and fans that think that they are a serious contender to make the 2016 Post-Season.  

Meanwhile, the Saint Louis Cardinals currently have 4 wins and 2 losses and have been to the MLB Post-Season the past 5 years in a row.  Regardless if the Cardinals win or lose in the Playoffs, Championships or World Series, They are a team to respect.

I see that the Baltimore Orioles finally won a Spring Training game.  I know that Spring Training is just that, Spring Training.  However, if you want to (hypothetically) measure a team by how they do in Spring Training, to the start of a new Baseball season, the Orioles are not in a good shape.  Their current ST record is 1 win and 10 losses.

I can only imagine how this must feel for the fans of the Baltimore Orioles that are die-hard Baltimore fans on this forum. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, apparently the scare that was put into the Mets fanbase yesterday is over--Matt Harvey cleared to start opening day. A blood clot in the bladder sounds serious, but Harvey says the issue has been fixed, so here goes openig night vs. the Royals...

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well, apparently the scare that was put into the Mets fanbase yesterday is over--Matt Harvey cleared to start opening day. A blood clot in the bladder sounds serious, but Harvey says the issue has been fixed, so here goes openig night vs. the Royals...

Mets play Royals on opening night/  An interleave game?  Very strange.  I assume the rest of the league will play regular schedules.  I know my Orioles open at home vs the Twins, which are my home town Rochester's parent team now after Baltimore was for decades.  I will never be a Twins fan.   Though I picked them to get a wild card on a hunch

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

pitching-smiley-emoticon.gif

The 2016 Opening Day is this Sunday.  For the second year in a row, the Saint Louis Cardinals are the first team to open the baseball season.  This year it is against the Pittsburgh Pirates as last year the season began with the Cardinals at the Chicago Cubs. 

I would like to wish "Good Luck" to every Major League Baseball Team and to the fans of their favorite MLB team. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

Opening Day is today.  

Every team is in first place.  As usual, I and the other Saint Louis Cardinals Fans from around Planet Earth, have very high hopes and expectations for a World-Class Team that the Cardinals are.  Year after year.  This year should be no different.  The Saint Louis Cardinals will make it to the 2016 MLB Post-Season/Playoffs for the sixth consecutive year.  Yes, that means 6 years in a row.  Regardless if the Cardinals do or don't this year, I will forever be a Saint Louis Cardinals fan for the remainder of My Life. 

There are very few MLB teams that have ever reached the success and adoration (and scorn or "hatred") as the Saint Louis Cardinals.  Cardinals fans Love them because they win and win World Series.  Many people hate them because they beat their favorite team(s) and win Championships and World Series. 

This is a question to the fans of every other Major League Baseball Team:  When was the last time Your team made it to the Post-Season/Playoffs five (5) years in a row?  Regardless of winning it All? 

I welcome any and all correct and verifiable answers. 

GO CARDINALS!!!

11 minutes ago, Houses of the Holy said:

Go Cards! 

So it begins.  Adam Wainwright allegedly grazed Andrew McCutcheon with a pitch.  Since when is the hitter allowed to stand practically on top of the plate? 

He can stand where he wants to, as long as he doesn't mind getting hit...

Happy Baseball Season everyone!!!

On 3/30/2016 at 7:11 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Mets play Royals on opening night/  An interleave game?  Very strange.  I assume the rest of the league will play regular schedules.  I know my Orioles open at home vs the Twins, which are my home town Rochester's parent team now after Baltimore was for decades.  I will never be a Twins fan.   Though I picked them to get a wild card on a hunch

Welcome back Rick. Glad you got everything sorted out.

No, not every team has a regular season opener. Baseball continues to fuck around and botch things up.

For instance, my Angels open the season with a silly two-game series against the Cubs. Who are 1) NOT a division rival; and 2) NOT even in the same league! :mad:

To piss me off even more, the games are at night. Opening Day games should be in the daytime. Why else is it called 'OPENING DAY'?!?

Very good start to the season, that Cards/Pirates game. Don't want to "overreact" after one game obviously, but will this be a year when the Pirates and Cubs duke it out for the NL Central & St. Louis has to settle for a Wild Card?

Of course, I've learned over the years never to count out the Cards....

10 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Very good start to the season, that Cards/Pirates game. Don't want to "overreact" after one game obviously, but will this be a year when the Pirates and Cubs duke it out for the NL Central & St. Louis has to settle for a Wild Card?

Of course, I've learned over the years never to count out the Cards....

Holy shit!!!  The Saint Louis Cardinals lost their first game of the season.  Even though there are still 161 games remaining.  I am already starting to freak the fuck out. 

0 wins and 1 loss.  This may be the first time in the past 5 years that the Saint Louis Cardinals do not make the Post-Season/Playoffs. 

9 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Holy shit!!!  The Saint Louis Cardinals lost their first game of the season.  Even though there are still 161 games remaining.  I am already starting to freak the fuck out. 

0 wins and 1 loss.  This may be the first time in the past 5 years that the Saint Louis Cardinals do not make the Post-Season/Playoffs. 

Heh, like I said in the entirety of my post, I'm not going to overreact after one game, but that was still pretty funny. Looking at the scores, the uncrowned World Champ Cubs lost their first game too, but I'm sure no one in Chi-town is freaking out, yet...  :P

Archived