Can Somebody Tab This?

borntoplayguitar

I think they're asking for the live version, which is a pretty monumental task! :o

As sixpense is alluding to, it's probably best to learn the studio version first and go from there. Fortunately in that footage you can see a lot of what Jimmy is doing, although pulling it off is another story...

I think they're asking for the live version, which is a pretty monumental task! :o

As sixpense is alluding to, it's probably best to learn the studio version first and go from there. Fortunately in that footage you can see a lot of what Jimmy is doing, although pulling it off is another story...

You have to start somewhere! :D

If you start with the framework, you can then add to it by watching and listening to the video. I wasn't so concerned with what Jimmy played live but just to get the basics down and then add to it. You have this on video now so you can watch and replay parts. For example, when Jimmy is announced in the video, he throws in a well known blues lick (not part of Zeppelin's track). I learned what that riff was by listening and watching his hand positions. 

It is much more educational if you learn these sections on your own through the process that guitar instructors like Wolf Marshall call woodshedding.

Archived