Best Page & Plant boot

godzilla777

I dont know about the "best" but i just listened to an interesting 95 page and plant show, oakland california, 1995, thank you, bring it on home, ramble on, shake my tree, lullaby, no quarter, gallows pole, hurdy gurdy solo, nobodys fault but mine, hey hey what can i do,

the song remains the same, since ive been loving you, friends

calling to you, down by the seaside, break on through, dazed and confused, four sticks, in the evening, black dog, kashmir

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
2 hours ago, johnlennon696 said:

I never really got into Page/Plant stuff tbh, but I listened to the Las Vegas '98 show last night and holy hell it smokes. No Quarter is truly outstanding.

You think that's good, check out the NQ from Rockapalast Bizarre festival in Cologne. It is amazing. One of jimmys best ever performances 

This one gets my vote, but of course I'm prejudiced.  I've always told people this was the best concert I've ever seen.  Interesting enough, out of only 7 comments, 3 people agree with me !  As mentioned by one person, the buzz in the parking lot after the show is something I will never forget.  Jimmy's obviously feeling good and quite animated on the stage.  Cracks me up when he's stomping his leg during Heartbreaker.  Don't hurt yourself !

On 12/19/2016 at 6:36 AM, jsj said:

I've just watched all the Tea For One clips on you tube and think this is probably the best of the four or five. or maybe the 17/2/96 which is very laid back but has some dodgy camera work, though the audio is fine.

My friend filmed those shows. Bill Curbishley allowed him to do so on the condition that he provide copies of the video recordings. They did not bring a camera crew to Japan.

2 hours ago, Bong-Man said:

This one gets my vote, but of course I'm prejudiced.  I've always told people this was the best concert I've ever seen.  Interesting enough, out of only 7 comments, 3 people agree with me !  As mentioned by one person, the buzz in the parking lot after the show is something I will never forget.  Jimmy's obviously feeling good and quite animated on the stage.  Cracks me up when he's stomping his leg during Heartbreaker.  Don't hurt yourself !

I attended both shows in Detroit, and several others across the Midwest that Summer. They were hot that night. I remember Plant quipping onstage about playing in Grand Rapids next, and that it was "serious business" to do so. Grand Rapids was a good show, but the middle and upper bowls of Van Andel Arena were nowhere near sold out.  

On 30/12/2015 at 10:29 AM, tmtomh said:

I'm much better versed on the audio than the video. Some recommendations for audio:

1. 1995 04 01 Auburn Hills (Detroit) - great-sounding multitrack mixdown exists of about five of the songs from this show
  2. 1995 05 19/20 Oakland/San Jose - very nice 1995 performances. 5 19 is thought to be a slightly better performance and exists in a fantastic sounding audience recording. 5 20 exists in a similarly good-sounding AUD, as well as a mono soundboard - but by far the best is a Westwood One source for an FM broadcast. Only covers 11 of the songs, but by far the best-sounding, fantastic
  3. 1995 06 25 Glastonbury - a shorter, festival set, but sounds great, and kicks ass. Either a professional mix or a soundboard, I forget which. The best-sounding version I've heard is from a DVD that includes video.
  4. 1995 09 29 Albuquerque/10 03 Irvine Meadows - Two great shows in the Western US. I think many fans prefer 9 29, but I favor 10 03, partially because of the sound.
  5. 1996 02 13, 15 and 17 Japan - Fantastic Japan run, these are the three shows that exist in SBD quality. These shows include the aforementioned Tea for One performance, as well as a stupendous version of The Rain Song. My favorite is the final show on the 17th, but all three are great. They are available in excellent, though very slightly dry, soundboard quality - but my favorites are fan-made soundboard-audience matrix versions. You can't go wrong with these three dates in virtually any format.
  6. 1998 03 25 Shepherd's Bush Empire (London) - opening show of the 1998 tour. Most folks feel the later shows on this tour are better, and it's true that Page was in his best form since 1973 during the later '98 shows. But this one is still great IMHO, and available in very good sound quality. In fact, three tracks are available in full official-release quality on the Japanese CD max-single of "Shining in the Light." The sound quality is phenemonal.
  7. 1998 03 30 Paris - an FM radio source of a very energetic show. Source is a bit compressed (because it's an off the air recording and FM stations always use compressors), but IMHO well worth it.
  8. 1998 08 23 Cologne - a festival performance but pretty much a full-length set. Also available in video. Great sounding soundboard - not official release quality but close. Fantastic performance - this is the show most folks point to when they argue that late 1998 saw Page playing his best guitar in 25 years.
  9. 1998 09 23 Las Vegas - I would rank this just below Cologne in performance and sound quality, but still excellent.
  10. 1998 10 01 New Orleans - I can't remember if this is an FM broadcast recording or a pre-FM soundboard. But it's a great, and somewhat overlooked, show. There are a couple of versions of this (based on different FM recordings I guess), and some are much duller sounding than others. The best-sounding one is very good indeed.
  11. 1998 12 10 Paris - a very brief set as part of an Amnesty International benefit show, and P & P's last show. There's an official DVD, and the soundtrack is excellent sonically. I think their mini-set from this show is great.

If I had to pick the top one from each year, I guess I'd choose 1995 10 03 Irvine Meadows; 1996 02 17 Japan; and 1998 8 23 Cologne.

Hope this helps!

Hi mate, i have just got Liriodendron's matrix of 13/2/96. If you can point me in the direction of the others, or even PM me with a link to a file i'd really appreciate it.....especially the show with the acoustic version of the RS that would be awesome.

Just heard Tea for One from 13/2/96. Mesmerising 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I’ve got the 2-13-96 Tokyo and 2-17-96 Nagoya matrix boots, but can’t for the life of me find the 2-15-96 Osaka matrix.  I’ve tried making my own from the SBD and AUD sources, but aligning the two sources is a lot harder than you’d think.  Anybody know where I can find the Osaka matrix?  It’s my favorite Page/Plant show ever, and I’ve heard a ton of them.

Edited by slp9b

• 11 months later...

Got hold of the 10.1.98 Lakefront Arena, New Orleans show recently. This show has unbelievable energy and incredible performances by both P and P, and the whole band. Just wondering if anyone has FLACs for this and might be kind enough to share? I have a Youtube rip right now and would love an upgrade though can't find one anywhere online.  Even MP3s at 320 kbps would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

8 hours ago, renounce said:

Got hold of the 10.1.98 Lakefront Arena, New Orleans show recently. This show has unbelievable energy and incredible performances by both P and P, and the whole band. Just wondering if anyone has FLACs for this and might be kind enough to share? I have a Youtube rip right now and would love an upgrade though can't find one anywhere online.  Even MP3s at 320 kbps would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

If anyone has this without the annoying DJ that would also be great 

9 hours ago, renounce said:

Search 'Hurricane Rocks Cajun'