Nice surprise found inside a zeppelin ii lp

bwayjoes

it certainly would be awesome if it is real. the lack of john bonhams signature adds a hint of authenticity. im no expert however jimmy pages signature does appear to share a lot of similarities with how he does his signature like the over lapping loop and the long stretched "Y". I cant find any examples that are exactly the same but some are close.

I believe there are places online where you can get it authenticated and possibly get a certificate for a small fee.

mabi41.jpg

• Administrators
14 hours ago, bwayjoes said:

I recently picked up a small lp collection and just started going thru them. I pulled out the zeppelin ii album and this slid out as well.  Hoping it's legit!! 

1452372233280686991095.jpg

Does not look legit, IMHO.

I still think iit looks legit. If I was going to fake that artifact, for some unsuspecting victim, I would have forged Bonham's signature as well. If you have the time, the inclination, and the resources to fake three signatures, then you certainly could fake the 4th. I'm going from memory, but I'll compare with my legit autographs later, and see if I note discrepancies. I don't remember JPJ's autograph being so bunched up, but it's possible that it is. 

33 minutes ago, The Dark Lord said:

I still think iit looks legit. If I was going to fake that artifact, for some unsuspecting victim, I would have forged Bonham's signature as well. If you have the time, the inclination, and the resources to fake three signatures, then you certainly could fake the 4th. I'm going from memory, but I'll compare with my legit autographs later, and see if I note discrepancies. I don't remember JPJ's autograph being so bunched up, but it's possible that it is. 

Agree, plus there is the glaring fact that why go through the trouble of a forgery just to forget it in an old album. Where is the motivation?

11 minutes ago, SteveAJones said:

You guys are getting punked.

It's obviously a fake.

Next.

Maybe, but not confirmed either way at this point. I cannot claim, unequivocally this is authentic, neither can you claim this an obvious fake...too many unknown variables at this point. Though being a cheery, optimistic sort I prefer to hope this is authentic until proven otherwise.

44 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Maybe, but not confirmed either way at this point. I cannot claim, unequivocally this is authentic, neither can you claim this an obvious fake...too many unknown variables at this point. Though being a cheery, optimistic sort I prefer to hope this is authentic until proven otherwise.

It's a fake, period -- and I make that claim based on a lifetime of experience with these particular artists and expertise in autograph authentication in general. 

Now, if you'd like to be a cheery, optimistic sucker be my guest.

So, whenever a new person post with a legit question, It is assumed by some that the newbie is trying to punk the forum? The last people I would try to pull one over on would be the people who have the most experience with this band. If I wanted to punk people I would of just thrown it on the auction site and promoted as legit. I even asked if there was recommendations on where I could send it to have looked at. Does not seem like a punk question to me.

Archived