Is Page an only child?

Moddey Dhoo

Just now, Moddey Dhoo said:

Does Jimmy Page have any brothers or sisters? Was his parents wealthy? Did his folks put him through college?

Just some things I never knew.

Check out the Wikipedia entry on Jimmy Page for the answers to most of your questions.  From what I've read, Page left school at 16 to pursue his musical career.  He later attended art school for about a year or so.   Not many British rockers from Page's generation attended university but, lots of them attended art school: John Lennon, Keith Richards, Eric Clapton, Pete Townshend, Ronnie Wood, Chris McVie and Freddie Mercury all come to mind.  

I couldn't tell you if his parents were rich but when he was starting as a studio musician his dad helped him buy his black beauty custom. at the time they were priced around $520 (including the case and bigsby) in the u.s. so adjusting for inflation, raised price since it was imported, and the dollar to pound exchange rate it probably cost somewhere around  $600-$700 so that would be around $4000 - $5000 today give or take, maybe more.

I would imagine if they could spend that much on a guitar they were living comfortably. 

Yeah I tried a number of times with the 'search' function on
the forum with the topic of this thead. Sighh...damn it.

Am I crazy for thinking  Jimmy's mom remarried and had
a child in a second marriage - giving Jimmy a half sister? I
have no clue where I believe I read this though..
:wacko:

1 hour ago, KellyGirl said:

Am I crazy for thinking  Jimmy's mom remarried and had
a child in a second marriage - giving Jimmy a half sister? I
have no clue where I believe I read this though..
:wacko:

In Barney Hoskyns' book Jimmy is quoted confirming his parents' divorced. Jimmy's father remarried, consequently Jimmy has a half-sister named Karen Page Errington. If you go to Scarlet Page's Photography page on Facebook (Go to Photos, then 2012, 2nd photo from the left), there is a photograph where Ms Page Errington comments on one of Scarlet's photos. On KPE's own Facebook page, in 2013 she displayed a photograph of her late father - James Page. Condolence posts and her comment of 6 July 2013 established she and Jimmy Page are half-brother and sister. I have some additional photos KPE has shared but I'm not sharing them on any public forums. If memory serves correct, she also has a step-brother named Darren Roberts.

• 1 year later...
20 hours ago, jasonlovesvids said:

Does anyone know what year his parents split?

Not off the top of my head, however I recall Karen Page Errington auctioned off some items personalized and autographed by Jimmy Page, and one of them was an Over Europe 1980 sweater (official tour merchandise). "To Karen, Rock On, Jimmy Page". So it would seem his parents had divorced prior to 1980, but again don't quote me on that. You could probably ask Karen. She'd know for certain.

• 3 months later...
On 2/12/2017 at 6:30 AM, SteveAJones said:

Not off the top of my head, however I recall Karen Page Errington auctioned off some items personalized and autographed by Jimmy Page, and one of them was an Over Europe 1980 sweater (official tour merchandise). "To Karen, Rock On, Jimmy Page". So it would seem his parents had divorced prior to 1980, but again don't quote me on that. You could probably ask Karen. She'd know for certain.

I see lots of people who claim the last name of Page, so having Page in a name doesn't mean much.  I find it odd that Jimmy Page would have autographed a 1980 tour sweater so impersonally if it was his half sister.  Maybe she picked the sweater up elsewhere.  But of course you and others may have more info that would verify Errington as actually a half-sister instead of a poser.  

On 1/14/2016 at 0:55 PM, SteveAJones said:

In Barney Hoskyns' book Jimmy is quoted confirming his parents' divorced. Jimmy's father remarried, consequently Jimmy has a half-sister named Karen Page Errington. If you go to Scarlet Page's Photography page on Facebook (Go to Photos, then 2012, 2nd photo from the left), there is a photograph where Ms Page Errington comments on one of Scarlet's photos. On KPE's own Facebook page, in 2013 she displayed a photograph of her late father - James Page. Condolence posts and her comment of 6 July 2013 established she and Jimmy Page are half-brother and sister. I have some additional photos KPE has shared but I'm not sharing them on any public forums. If memory serves correct, she also has a step-brother named Darren Roberts.

Can you confirm that the attached picture Karen has on her fb page is truly Mr. Page.  I saved it from Karen's page.

20170604_214357.png

Edited by Lady zeppelin

Slightly OT, but the discussion here of JP's parents, shows up that urban myth that he is one quarter Chinese / Japanese as the nonsense that it is. Amazing how many people on the 'net repeat "Page is part-Chinese" as if it's fact rather than complete cobblers.

17 hours ago, Lady zeppelin said:

Can you confirm that the attached picture Karen has on her fb page is truly Mr. Page.  I saved it from Karen's page.

20170604_214357.png

THAT absolutely is James Patrick Page (Jimmy's father). She has some others that I recall, and all one need to do is compare them to the shot of Jimmy and his father at Knebworth Festival 1979 to see there is no question about it.

On 6/6/2017 at 7:29 AM, SteveAJones said:

THAT absolutely is James Patrick Page (Jimmy's father). She has some others that I recall, and all one need to do is compare them to the shot of Jimmy and his father at Knebworth Festival 1979 to see there is no question about it.

Do you know what year it was taken? It's a few years before Knebworth. 

• 10 months later...
12 hours ago, Paging DKay said:

Are there any pics of Jimmy's mum? I've never seen one, and have often wondered what she looked like. Anyone know about JP's relationship with his mom? I don't believe I've ever heard him make mention of her.... only a few comments about his father.

There are none in public circulation that I can think of. I would not take that nor his lack of public discussion about her as any indication about their relationship one way or the other. 

Edited by SteveAJones

• 3 years later...

I'm reluctant to weigh in on this topic without any personal connections to the people involved, but I'm thinking:  Jimmy Page occasionally spoke of his parents and upbringing during the Zeppelin years and after.   I don't know when the parents were alleged to have split, but assuming Page Senior remarried no earlier than the mid-1960s (and Jimmy Page said he was still living at his parents' home during his session player days of 1962-65), Karen Page Errington would have been a young teenager in 1980 when Jimmy Page signed the tour sweater, and in her fifties today.  Certainly possible, although it's at least a twenty-year age gap between the half-siblings.  I also see on KPE's FB page the introduction, "Sister of James Patrick Page Led Zeppelin," which is an unusual way to identify yourself.  It could well be that the claimed family connection is legit, even with the celebrity factor (John Lennon's half-sister wrote her own book in 1988), but, like the Lori Mattix story that someone recently deconstructed here on the Forum, I'd like to have a bit more authentication before this gets widely accepted by the fan community.  Similarly, I keep hearing that JPJ was born John Richard Baldwin, even though I'm pretty sure he once told an interviewer (Steve Sauer?) that was originally just John Baldwin, and that it's not an uncommon thing to have no middle name.  This is all extreme trivia, but still...