Most Desired Concert To Hear, Which NO Recording Exists?

nick2632

Inspired by the which soundboard recording for a show would you like to hear, but without all the LA 1977 answers lol. Which show would you love to hear of which no circulating recording exists? Just based on location, rumors, and so on... Please explain why you want to hear this specific show that you have no idea if it was good or bad and may not even know the exact set list.

My #1 is certainly Denver ~ June 21, 1972. Based on the possible set list on the time line and with how amazing Seattle and LA was, this Denver show must have been amazing!! Plus I was born in Denver and have lived in Colorado my entire life.

After that, any of the Seattle or Vancouver shows are next. Seattle ~ December 27, 1968, Vancouver ~ December 28, 1968, Vancouver ~ May 10, 1969, Seattle ~ May 11, 1969, Vancouver ~ July 26, 1969, Seattle ~ July 27, 1969, Seattle ~ March 22, 1970, Seattle ~ September 1, 1970,  Vancouver August 19, 1971 or Seattle ~ August 20, 1971 are all welcome!! Aside from Vancouver 1973, which we all know the rumors of what happened there, and Seattle 1977, which is NOT a bad show at all! Actually one of my favorite 1977 shows, but Plant's voice wasn't in the best condition that night and the sound and video are both very dry and does the show absolutely no justice. But every other show in both Seattle & Vancouver are fantastic!! Seattle & Vancouver both rank up there with LA & NYC as the greatest locations of Led Zeppelin shows. However they seemed to often play very loose shows in both Seattle & Vancouver, but they always held it together enough to pull off some of their greatest shows IMHO. I always wish Zeppelin hit 3 nights in Seattle and 3 nights in Vancouver during June 1977! Imagine if they hit 6 nights in New York, then 3 nights in Vancouver, then 3 nights in Seattle, then finished up the leg with 6 nights at the LA Forum!!

And of course Denver ~ December 26, 1968, which obviously requires no explanation.

mine is july 27 1969. there is a recording of the flying burrito brothers and some footage of jim morrison (may be from another festival) on youtube but nothing of led zeppelin :mellow:.

would also have loved footage of them at the aqua theater in greenlake. definitely one of the coolest venues I have seen.

4/18/69 NY University Jazz Festival

5/11/69 Green Lake Aqua theater, Seattle

Royal Albert Hall '69

Bath festival '69

Central Park, NY '69 (the other set not in circulation)

Carnegie Hall '69

All of March 1971, UK  tour

5/4/71 Odensen, Denmark

5/10/71 Liverpool

All of the November and December 1971 UK tour

Perth 1972 

Denver '72

**pontiac 1977 video

To answer the original post, I would say San Antonio and Albequerque from '73;  the band was playing at an amazing level at that stage, and there's something intriguing about them playing in two out-of-the-way locations.  Given the blues roots of the band, St Louis '73 would be another interesting choice.

An easier question to answer would be completions of fragmentary shows.  The Denver '73 SB fragment sounds hot, would love to hear the rest of that show.  Also the rest of the 2nd night in Detroit from '73 (July 12th), and of course, the rest of the 1st night in NY '73 (July 27th).  The Berkeley '71 shows are also incomplete, no?  Those would be great to have in their entirety.

2 hours ago, markbowmanimages said:

Houston 75 Soundboard....

no recording of any kind has surfaced to date........

What's the significance of this show? I have seen it mentioned several times, but have the slightest clue of why.. Is it rumored to have been a fantastic show or were you there by chance..?

1 September 1970 in Seattle - The night before in Milwaukee is absurdly powerful, the night after in Oakland is almost perfect.  They loved Seattle and were peaking at this time, it might be the most incredible show from their most incredible tour.

31 May 1977 in Greensboro - The energy kept building all through the Landover run, and this was the night after.  It was also Bonham's birthday.  Assuming they didn't celebrate too much before the show, it may be the best of the 77 tour.

1 hour ago, nick2632 said:

What's the significance of this show? I have seen it mentioned several times, but have the slightest clue of why.. Is it rumored to have been a fantastic show or were you there by chance..?

You've maybe seen it mentioned in a recent discussion of what "Soundboard Revolution" shows remain.  The pattern to me is very clear, whoever has these shows has a specific block ranging from the NYC shows in Feb (at  the end of the 1st leg) to Vancouver (and possibly 2nd Seattle) shows in March.  (Similarly for the available '77 shows.)  Hence it is very likely Houston (1st show from the 2nd leg) is part of this stash and will be released, probably in 2 years (since they likely won't give out two unreleased shows in a row).  Plus someone posted some pictures from this show recently, although I think those have been around for a while.

But to your specific question, I'm not aware that there's anything legendary about Houston '75, but the well-known Baton Rouge and recent Ft Worth show suggests the band got the 2nd leg off to a good start, so there should be reason to be interested in Houston as well.

Gotta go with the Irvine show from May 1, 1969 and the Rose Palace shows from May 2 and May 3 1969.  These were the first shows after the Fillmore run in San Francisco,  and the band were in LA for the week recording Whole Lotta Love.  Bound to be incredible gigs.

Edited by pluribus

Either Greensboro 77 or Atlanta 73. Judging by the shows surrounding it plus it being Bonzo's birthday there's no doubt in my mind that this had to have been a hot one. As for Atlanta '73, its the first show of the '73 US tour and it has the first performances of No Quarter and that sweet Heartbreaker/Whole Lotta Love combo.

^^A lot of great ones already mentioned here. For me 8/29/71 New Orleans. My cousin took his girlfriend who he broke up with like a month later..(ticket he should have gave me:-) I put the guilt trip on like you could not believe. So hence I was able to go in 73. 

17 hours ago, nick2632 said:

Was there on the front row, show was between 3 and a half and 3 hours 45 minutes, first show after the release of Physical Graffiti, and the first show of the 2nd leg of the 1975 USA tour.....  They had been off for almost 2 weeks, they got into Houston the night before for a band dinner and were well rested....  Plant's voice had two weeks off too....  This show is mentioned in particular in the Davis "1975 USA Tour" Zeppelin book....

They ripped the roof off the joint that night.....  Even Robert looked down at us and said, "This is a really good gig"....  He said something about a lot of happy smiling faces and good energy in the crowd...

JPJ James Patrick Page and Bonzo Houston 1975.jpg