Sting, Peter Gabriel Announce Joint Rock Paper Scissors Tour

luvlz2

Sting, Peter Gabriel Announce Joint Rock Paper Scissors Tour

Sting and Peter Gabriel will join forces this summer for a month-long co-headlining North American trek dubbed the Rock Paper Scissors Tour. Rather than simply performing hits from their own catalogs, Gabriel and Sting will also explore each other's tracks both separately and together.

The 19-date tour will open up June 21st at Columbus, Ohio's Nationwide Arena and circle the continent before coming to a close in Edmonton, Alberta on July 24th. The pair previously toured together back in the Eighties in support of Amnesty International.

"What intrigues me is that you get a good bunch of musicians together and interesting things will happen," Gabriel said in a statement. Added Sting, "I'm very happy that we're taking the chance to experiment this way. I think people will be intrigued, I certainly am."

Speaking to The Associated Press , Sting compared the Rock Paper Scissors trek to his 2014 joint tour with Paul Simon. "We traded songs, we traded musicians, we sang together. And the take home that people got from that was they loved it when we did things together," Sting said.

Check out the Live Nation site for on-sale information

Sting & Peter Gabriel's Rock Paper Scissors Tour Dates

June 21 - Columbus, OH at Nationwide Arena

June 23 - Washington, DC at Verizon Center

June 24 - Wantagh, NY at Jones Beach

June 26 - Philadelphia, PA at BB&T Pavilion

June 27 - New York, NY at Madison Square Garden

June 29 - Toronto, ON at Air Canada Centre

June 30 - Detroit, MI at The Palace of Auburn Hills

July 2 - Worcester, MA at DCU Center

July 5 - Montreal, QC at Bell Centre

July 7 - Quebec, QC at Festival d'ete  de Quebec (Plains of Abraham)

July 9 - Chicago, IL at United Center

July 10 - Milwaukee, WI at Summerfest

July 12 - Denver, CO at Pepsi Center

July 14 - San Jose, CA at SAP Center

July 15 - Lake Tahoe, NV at Harvey's

July 17 - Los Angeles, CA at Hollywood Bowl

July 21 - Seattle, WA at Key Arena

July 23 - Calgary, AB at Scotiabank Saddledome

July 24 - Edmonton, AB at Rexall Place

link

11 hours ago, Moddey Dhoo said:

I'm going to try to go to the Columbus show, tickets go on sale next Thursday unless someone knows how I can get presale tickets? I never did that.

Presale information:

Week 1 Presale: Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Toronto, Montreal, San Jose, Lake Tahoe, Los Angeles, Calgary, Edmonton.

Presale starts: Wednesday, January 20

Presale ends: Friday, January 22 (5pm I believe)

Public on sale: Monday, January 25 at 10am

Week 2 Presale: Columbus, Wantagh, Detroit, Worcester, Chicago, Milwaukee, Denver, Seattle.

Presale starts: Tuesday, January 26

Presale ends: Thursday, January 28 (5pm I believe)

Public on sale: Monday, February 1 at 10am

For more complete presale details visit either Peter Gabriel's official website or Sting's official website .

10 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Presale information:

Week 1 Presale: Washington DC, Philadelphia, New York City, Toronto, Montreal, San Jose, Lake Tahoe, Los Angeles, Calgary, Edmonton.

Presale starts: Wednesday, January 20

Presale ends: Friday, January 22 (5pm I believe)

Public on sale: Monday, January 25 at 10am

Week 2 Presale: Columbus, Wantagh, Detroit, Worcester, Chicago, Milwaukee, Denver, Seattle.

Presale starts: Tuesday, January 26

Presale ends: Thursday, January 28 (5pm I believe)

Public on sale: Monday, February 1 at 10am

For more complete presale details visit either Peter Gabriel's official website or Sting's official website .

Thanks, from what I can see i have to become a fan in their fanclub to get presale, 46 bucks a year

On 1/21/2016 at 1:48 AM, Strider said:

Mr. Soul Cake and Steam together? Yawn...I'll pass.

Fuck Sting, who IMO hasn't done anything musically worthwhile in about thirty years, but it'd be nice to see Peter Gabriel, he rarely disappoints. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2016 at 8:00 AM, Nutrocker said:

Fuck Sting, who IMO hasn't done anything musically worthwhile in about thirty years, but it'd be nice to see Peter Gabriel, he rarely disappoints. 

I kinda agree, I wouldn't see just Sting. But as infrequent as Peter Gabriel is for coming to the states I have to go!

And I did buy my tickets to the Columbus show. ?

Sting is the main half-time performer for the upcoming NBA All-Star game in Toronto. Sort of a weird choice, isn't it? There are many popular Canadian artists with a more urban vibe, or do they think Toronto is some WASPY middle-aged bore? (Don't answer that...). The point being, Sting doesn't scream NBA. Perhaps there will be some surprising co-acts, sort of like the Super Bowl medley? 

17 hours ago, Patrycja said:

Sting is the main half-time performer for the upcoming NBA All-Star game in Toronto. Sort of a weird choice, isn't it? There are many popular Canadian artists with a more urban vibe, or do they think Toronto is some WASPY middle-aged bore? (Don't answer that...). The point being, Sting doesn't scream NBA. Perhaps there will be some surprising co-acts, sort of like the Super Bowl medley? 

Oh gawd, you just know some no-talent miscreant such as Pitbull or Rihanna will make a special appearance to appease the hiphop crowd. Much like the way Beyonce was thrown in with Coldplay at the Super Bowl.

School of Life Talk

MG_5961-Photography-credit-York-Tillyer.

On Tuesday 1 March, 2016, Peter will be in conversation with the philosopher Alain de Botton at The School of Life .

The School of Life is devoted to developing emotional intelligence through the help of culture.

The discussion, entitled Peter Gabriel: Life Lessons from a Rock Star, will take place at The Emmanuel Centre , in central London, and starts at 7:30pm. There are a limited number of tickets available for the event, priced 30 pounds each.

During the discussion Peter will consider the lessons from his life as a musician as well as explore his work as a human rights activist and campaigner.

For anyone unable to attend the discussion it will be made available to watch online at a later date (details to follow).

More details and access to tickets

http://petergabriel.com/news/school-of-life-talk/

At the Sundance Music Cafe, Sting and film producer J. Ralph talk to ASCAP's Erik Philbrook about their collaboration on the song "The Empty Chair," written for "Jim: The James Foley Story," which won the 2016 Sundance Audience Award for US Documentary.

3 hours ago, Strider said:

Oh gawd, you just know some no-talent miscreant such as Pitbull or Rihanna will make a special appearance to appease the hiphop crowd. Much like the way Beyonce was thrown in with Coldplay at the Super Bowl.

Don't hide your feelings.  Don't beat around the bush.  tell us how you really feel!  :P

HAHA!   I had to do that for your jab at me on another thread!  But I agree with what you said as well!

4 hours ago, Strider said:

I don't particularly dislike Sting, both he and Peter Gabriel have made some amazing music, but I question the fit, that's all, though I'm open to being pleasantly surprised. I suspect that Drake will make an appearance; he is, after all, the 'Global Ambassador' for the Raptors (read: *cough* recruiter of free agents *cough*) and the Raps even have an alternate jersey in Drizzy's black and gold OVO colours, so that's a given. And while I think Beyonce is talented, and the crowd is more than just hiphop heads, having Pitbull there would definitely be a downgrade (plus I think he did a previous AS NBA game... he seems to be everywhere...).

Perhaps they're just keeping all the cards close to their chests for full effect and they're just starting with the underwhelming reveal so that the ending is a guaranteed hit. But this is also the Raps 20th anniversary, so I suspect and hope that they do something memorable and stylish. Nothing about friggin' moose or igloos or maple syrup and the like (the NBA is organizing it, not the Raps...). Silver strikes me as the cosmopolitan sort (if a bit nerdier than his predecessor Stern), so hopefully they go for a mature cool vibe.

Bono should join the mix then it would be the perfect trifecta of suck. That 1st photo up there ^^ Sting looks like a Jack Nicholson clone and Gabriel looks like a fat Dr. Evil :lol:    "There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it." 

On 2/8/2016 at 8:31 PM, Patrycja said:

On the news (CBC) the other day they were polling NBA stars and whatnot who had no idea who the hell Sting even was :lol:

10 hours ago, Strider said:

They shoulda just gotten Rihanna or Pitbull in the first place...maybe they can't afford 'em!

6 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^"...mature cool vibe"?

No way...I want Bob & Doug McKenzie!!! :lol:

In my opinion, Sting hasn't done a decent album since "Ten Summoner's Tales".

Bob and Doug, eh? Take off, ya hoser! :lol:

In my opinion Sting hasn't done a decent album since Synchronicity. And that's being generous IMO. 

32 minutes ago, Nutrocker said:

On the news (CBC) the other day they were polling NBA stars and whatnot who had no idea who the hell Sting even was :lol:

They shoulda just gotten Rihanna or Pitbull in the first place...maybe they can't afford 'em!

Bob and Doug, eh? Take off, ya hoser! :lol:

In my opinion Sting hasn't done a decent album since Synchronicity. And that's being generous IMO. 

Geez! That bodes well, doesn't it? Well considering we're 'Canada's' team, I suspect they want to bridge as many cross-over opportunities as possible coast-to-coast-to-coast. I doubt cost is an issue for the NBA these days. The surplus will make the next CBA a difficult one for owners to cry losses. It is a tricky appeal to nail down, and it is their first time out of the US so I hope they're putting a lot of thought into shedding stereotypes. Some we've embraced and made cool like the "We The North" campaign but no Bob and Doug nonononono (the mature vibe was admittedly a stretch though lol). Anyway, off topic here, Sting, please be cool...

• 4 months later...

I like Sting as a musician, even if he is a bit redundant. I don't really like him as a person though, comes off as a pretentious twat, kinda like Don Henley, I get a similar vibe from both. Love to see those two tour, they would make one maybe two shows before they kill each other.

Peter Gabriel I like and would be the draw for me

Sidenote: Saw Sting at the Mesa Amphitheater on Halloween night 1999, then drove 300 miles to Vegas to see JPJ perform at the Hard Rock the following night. Sting kinda pissed me off that night since for some reason he decided to sing most of his songs in some fucked up faux Louis Armstrong manner. After the first song I thought, well, that was cute; by the third song I thought, no way this asshole is gonna do this all night; by the eighth song I was ready to cut my own throat. Sorry, but that was a dick move by Sting. On the bright side, the JPJ show the following night more than made up for the extreme rendition I was put through the prior evening.

Archived