Kinetic Playground - May 1969

mikezep61

I always thought this Charles Bonnay picture of Zeppelin was taken in the lobby of the Kinetic Playground in Chicago, but wasn't 100% positive - until now.  Here's a confirmed Kinetic Playground lobby pic and it's a match.  More than likely, the bottom pic was taken on the right side of the entrance, while the band picture was taken on the left side of the entrance.

69-05  Chicago Kinetic Playground.jpg

5d3e540df9c7b534eba970b436451c7b.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2016 at 4:31 PM, mikezep61 said:

I always thought this Charles Bonnay picture of Zeppelin was taken in the lobby of the Kinetic Playground in Chicago, but wasn't 100% positive - until now.  Here's a confirmed Kinetic Playground lobby pic and it's a match.  More than likely, the bottom pic was taken on the right side of the entrance, while the band picture was taken on the left side of the entrance.

69-05  Chicago Kinetic Playground.jpg

It is definitely the Kinetic Playground. Back in 2002/2003 I went in there a few times and took pics and a video. Although it was very dark, I distinctly remember that tile floor and the metal grate in front of the ticket booth.  BTW: You can clearly see the reflection of the fire hydrant that is still across Clark street (as well as a little of the cemetery wall).

Archived