Jimmy Page at the MPG Awards 2016

sam_webmaster

I could not put my finger on his name but finally did.  Jimmy looks so much like Fendi Designer ; Karl Lagerfeld    In a way Jimmy seems to be wearing the same clothes and all black.  He used to dress very random all the time in 60's and 70's but now he's sticking to 1 image or style.  

Karl.jpg

1 hour ago, TheGreatOne said:
1 hour ago, TheGreatOne said:

I could not put my finger on his name but finally did.  Jimmy looks so much like Fendi Designer ; Karl Lagerfeld    In a way Jimmy seems to be wearing the same clothes and all black.  He used to dress very random all the time in 60's and 70's but now he's sticking to 1 image or style. 

Let's take this theory one step further: has anyone ever seen Jimmy Page and Karl Lagerfeld in the same room together? Same bloody guy, that's why. This theory might break the internet.

Interesting stuff, Sam, and thanks for posting.

Not being negative, but I just find it depressing that by mid-Feb Page is still talking about the remasters instead of his supposed new project.

I would much rather he had declined the invitation to give out the award, so he could work on new material with some musicians.

IF Jimmy is really working on a new project, IF, I doubt very much that he would reveal any details at this point.

The real cool thing about Zeppelin back in the day was the secrecy, the mystique, and the ethereal elements

to every new release. I don't see Jimmy changing that now in this world of "have to know every detail before the

details are known" Wolf Blitzer based media.

3 hours ago, nirvana said:

IF Jimmy is really working on a new project, IF, I doubt very much that he would reveal any details at this point.

The real cool thing about Zeppelin back in the day was the secrecy, the mystique, and the ethereal elements

to every new release. I don't see Jimmy changing that now in this world of "have to know every detail before the

details are known" Wolf Blitzer based media.

I agree, but there's a difference between being taciturn and misleading fans for years and saying he's going to do something and he never does. That's just disrespectful and toying with fans to generate expectation and mystique. I didn't expect him to talk about his "new" project in this clip, I'm just over him picking up gongs and talking about the old days. 

Archived