Boogie with Stu

Melissa Amber Layton

A quite shocking and indisputable statement of hard facts.

However, all of these things are common knowledge amongst this community which consists, pretty much exclusively, of fans and followers of Led Zeppelin.  Which poses this simple question: what is the purpose of this thread?

12 minutes ago, reswati said:

Heavily based on this song:

(In fact so heavily based that Zeppelin got sued)

Which makes no sense because Zeppelin gave Mrs. Valens a co-writing credit on this song. So, if they gave her the co-writing credit, why did she sue?

41 minutes ago, IpMan said:

Which makes no sense because Zeppelin gave Mrs. Valens a co-writing credit on this song. So, if they gave her the co-writing credit, why did she sue?

It wasn't the mother who sued them.

Valens's publisher, Kemo Music, filed suit for copyright infringement and an out of court settlement was reached. As Page explained:

What we tried to do was give Ritchie's mother credit, because we heard she never received any royalties from any of her son's hits, and Robert did lean on that lyric a bit. So what happens? They tried to sue us for all of the song!

2 hours ago, reswati said:

It wasn't the mother who sued them.

Valens's publisher, Kemo Music, filed suit for copyright infringement and an out of court settlement was reached. As Page explained:

What we tried to do was give Ritchie's mother credit, because we heard she never received any royalties from any of her son's hits, and Robert did lean on that lyric a bit. So what happens? They tried to sue us for all of the song!

So, the assholes who screwed Richie's mom out of his loot turn around and sue Zeppelin when they try to do the right thing. That is some serious bullshit there.

Love the drums on Boogie With Stu. I think Bonzo could have played that all day long even while asleep.

I have always wished they would have incorporated in to the acoustic set with Bonzo playing the tabla. Or even a verse or two, ala BCW and Dancing Days.

I'm trying to think if I have a live version.

Does one even exist in listenable quality?

Archived