Winston Remasters list

lololabrute

I don't see anything on there I don't have or would need to have.

The guy at my record shop told me they are extremely hard to find and very expensive. We could only speculate why.

All of my Winston Remasters are ripped from the net.

All of the Millard Tributes are on my want list. But I have a feeling they will never crossed of. Sucks.

Does anyone have a Winston boot that is not a net rip? I'd love to see one.

If you're having to buy your Winston Remasters then you are being completely and utterly ripped off and gipped. Winston Remasters are made by a fan, for fans, for free. FREE! The downloads you see online are the way you should be getting them, not from some vendor who's making you shell out your hard earned money.

To answer the OP's question, the Winston Remasters that you can (should) find online (!) are off the top of my head:

1969/01/11
1969/11/06
1970/01/09
1970/09/04
1971/09/29
1972/06/22
How the West Was Redone
1973/01/15
1973/01/22
1973/03/16
1973/03/17
1973/03/19
1973/03/21
1973/03/22
1973/05/14 (AUD)
1973/05/19
1973/07/15
1973/07/17
1973/07/21
1973/07/27
1975/03/11(AUD)
1975/03/12
1975/03/24
1975/03/25
1975/03/27
1977/04/27
1977/06/21
1977/06/23
1977/06/25
1977/06/27
1979/08/04
1980/06/17
1980/06/18
1980/06/20
1980/06/23
1980/06/24
1980/07/07

Yep. That's what we thought. Whoever Winston is probably produces a handful of them and gives them away. It would be cool to own one tho. 

Thanks for the list.

With the ones I ripped from the net I printed  whatever artwork I could find and made my own boots. They look pretty good but there is no mistaking they are homemade.

I ll post them over the weekend.

A lot of his remasters I consider must haves.

3 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

I don't see anything on there I don't have or would need to have.

The guy at my record shop told me they are extremely hard to find and very expensive. We could only speculate why.

All of my Winston Remasters are ripped from the net.

All of the Millard Tributes are on my want list. But I have a feeling they will never crossed of. Sucks.

Does anyone have a Winston boot that is not a net rip? I'd love to see one.

What are the Millard tributes?    

46 minutes ago, juxtiphi said:

What are the Millard tributes?    

he means the Mike the Mike Winston Remasters. Basically Winston's remasters of the best available versions of Mike Millard's tapes.

Also real Winston Remasters are easy to find if you look in the right places.

2 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

Yep. That's what we thought. Whoever Winston is probably produces a handful of them and gives them away. It would be cool to own one tho. 

No... he doesn't make and give out physical copies. He posts whatever he does online as a free download for anyone who sees it. There is no exclusivity to his work, it's for everyone.

4 hours ago, Sue Dounim said:

he means the Mike the Mike Winston Remasters. Basically Winston's remasters of the best available versions of Mike Millard's tapes.

Also real Winston Remasters are easy to find if you look in the right places.

I have all the shows that have made it to the net including winston remasters and the unmarked versions of all the Millard shows. I just never heard of "Millard Tribute" so I thought maybe it was something new. 

If I'm not mistaking Millard made a number of unique tapes of the same shows so only he would be able to identify if it was his. I read this on the web so take it however you wish.

I have 2 net rips of 6/21/77, and on one of them,  right before the show starts  some guy in the audience can clearly be heard complaining about the beer vendor. That tape is much more ambient and really gives you the feeling that you are in the audience. On the other tape it sounds a lot more like a soundboard recording. I burned the "ambient" one very recently  the other tape I burned a year or so ago.

I like both of them.

On these tapes both are titled Mike The Mike 6/21/77 and are WR releases. The accompanying artwork clearly denotes Mike The Mike Tribute Series on the "front cover".  The obverse has some technical jargon and a thank you to Mike who is dead.

The two copies of 6/23/77 I burned sound identical.

As an aside, I waiting for a 6/21/ 77 boot to be delivered . It s claims to be a copy of Mike Millard's 1st Generation Tape, serial #d release (which means not a darn thing). I'm very curious to see what sounds like. 

In short, I love the Millard recording especially those remastered by Winston.

Hey,  but wait ALL versions from Empress to Undress are derived from Millard Tapes !!! Or are they....hmmmmm :)

Peace.

I will post the pics this weekend if anyone cares.

6 hours ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

As an aside, I waiting for a 6/21/ 77 boot to be delivered . It s claims to be a copy of Mike Millard's 1st Generation Tape, serial #d release (which means not a darn thing). I'm very curious to see what sounds like. 

Why buy when it's freely available, I just don't get why people buy CDR's which is what you are proly going to get. Even IF it is on silver the source is the same as what is available on the web for free.

I know sooooo much is available for free and believe me with some bands most all my boots are net rips, with the exception of Led Zeppelin .

I fancy myself as a collector so I like to have a professional  looking document especially for my favorite band. Godfather is my favorite label they make a beautiful product. I'm also a completest of sorts so I have boots from multiple labels and it is very interesting how  matrixes often differ.

I have  Soul Brothers , Dedicated to  Rizzlers, Voodoo  In The Garden  and Grooving In The Garden . Some subtle differences some not so subtle , Rizzlers with the stronger bass and drums upfront it is so different from Soul Brothers even sounding matrix and different from GF 's pumped up mix then you have the brilliant Winston Remaster. Same soundboard , all differ and all great !

13 minutes ago, Jimmywalnutz said:

I know sooooo much is available for free and believe me with some bands most all my boots are net rips, with the exception of Led Zeppelin .

I fancy myself as a collector so I like to have a professional  looking document especially for my favorite band. Godfather is my favorite label they make a beautiful product. I'm also a completest of sorts so I have boots from multiple labels and it is very interesting how  matrixes often differ.

I have  Soul Brothers , Dedicated to  Rizzlers, Voodoo  In The Garden  and Grooving In The Garden . Some subtle differences some not so subtle , Rizzlers with the stronger bass and drums upfront it is so different from Soul Brothers even sounding matrix and different from GF 's pumped up mix then you have the brilliant Winston Remaster. Same soundboard , all differ and all great !

Dedicated to Rizzlers my pick for Trentham.

My Rizzlers is from Equinox got it used & cheap and I love it. As much as the ridiculous money I paid for Soul Brothers if I had to pick it would be the Free Winston, Voodoo in The Gardens. That upfront bass/ drums matrix was a revelation for me first time I heard it. Stoke

JPJ can pluck it with the best of them. Very loud but not muddy. Whats better is that on any of the other issues I can hear Bass line  so much better! It's crazy.

Love your sig line. I never knew what the lyric was. I'm going to dig that out later. The CSN was playing a crumby venue in East Flatbush Brooklyn about a month ago.

I cannot emphasize how bad the violent crime is over there. But the Jamaican Coffee is worth a day light trip .

Are CSN broke or something ? I know Crosby had his demons...but.

These are some of my bootleg bootlegs by Winston. I just want one official physical copy of a Winston Re-master for my collection.

BTW, the building on the obverse of DTIII is located on the lower East Side of Manhattan in Alphabet City. Still there and that's how it looked a year ago.

Any suggestions on how a youngster can make his life easier ? After all, I am here to learn and share my passion with like minded folk.

My life used to be very difficult and I'm all ears (eyes). After all, I am here to learn and share my passion with like minded folk.

Archived