2016 NFL Thread

Walter

Here we go again!  The 2016 season officially begins tomorrow, with the new fiscal year.  So many things have happened the past couple of days - highlights being Manning and Megatron announcing their retirements, RGMe being released, and Demarco being shipped out of Philly after one year, to the lowly Titans (careful what you wish for when wanting out) maybe he should've taken the smaller deal in Dallas after all!?!  Free agency begins soon and the draft is less than 2 months away, followed by mini-camps, and OTA's.  Let season begin!

I missed a lot of the news from the past few days--DeMarco Murray a Titan now, wow. Peyton retiring, no shock there, he can ride off into the sunset as a World Champion & goes down as (imo) one of the Top 5 QBs of all-time.

As far as the Fins go, as usual, I go into the new season with little optimism, so maybe they will surprise me this year...

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

I missed a lot of the news from the past few days--DeMarco Murray a Titan now, wow. Peyton retiring, no shock there, he can ride off into the sunset as a World Champion & goes down as (imo) one of the Top 5 QBs of all-time.

As far as the Fins go, as usual, I go into the new season with little optimism, so maybe they will surprise me this year...

The fins just traded with Philly to obtain Kiko Alonso and Byron Maxwell.  Looks like they are trying to make their defense stronger for sure.  Suh restructured his deal too.

1 hour ago, Metta said:

i really think the Bills are gonna be tight this year

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of...  Rick wanted me to let everyone know that he's having issues with his password and can't seem to get help at the moment from the higher-ups.  

But I'm sure that as soon as he's back, he will want to engage you in substantive conversation...Metta... ;)

4 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Well lookie here Paul - the fins just signed "Super Mario".  They are playing some serious offseason hardball on the defensive side!  Will they keep Miller too?  I heard the Texans were working on a deal for him.  Crazy couple of days....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000642408/article/mario-williams-agrees-to-twoyear-deal-with-dolphins  

On 3/8/2016 at 3:39 PM, ebk said:

Speaking of...  Rick wanted me to let everyone know that he's having issues with his password and can't seem to get help at the moment from the higher-ups.  

But I'm sure that as soon as he's back, he will want to engage you in substantive conversation...Metta... ;)

yeh Ricks a good guy.....here and behind the scenes (oh the tales i could tell)

unfortunately his predictions tend to come up a little bit............short

anyways, i just like good football...but it's a bit earlier to figure on much at this point

and who knows where i'll be in september ;)

I wish some sucker  somebody would take Johnny Manziel off the Browns hands.
He doesn't deserve to be rewarded  with playing pro football. The Browns need
to dump his sorry ass already.  It was a mistake from the get go for Cleveland to draft
him.  Actually who am I kidding my allegiance to the Browns ended a while ago. They're
a  depressing mess.   :lol: I'm in search for a new N F L team!  

Sorry to those who are all Johnny Football rah rah pom poms hoopla.  Maybe I should stick
to watching the O S U Buckeyes and the Indians.  :lol:

More crazy signings yesterday in the NFL:

Houston Texans picked up the Broncos qb - Osweiler and Dolphins rb Miller.

Giants overspent on Rams cb Jenkins (now the 2nd highest paid cb in football), Dolphins de Vernon ($85 mil - JJ Watt $), Mr. Fireworks - JPP signed a 1-year $10 mil contract) and then picked up Jets dt Harrison.

Pittsburgh may have gotten the steal of free agency picking up te Green from San Diego.  He will be dynamic in that offense next season.

Jets picked up Forte from the Bears.

The Titans only switched 4th round picks and also received DeMarco Murray - Philly didn't want to get rid of him to badly, did they?

The Rams placed a first round tender on qb Keenum - which means he is going nowhere.

wr Marvin Jones was signed by Detroit to help the passing game after megatron retired.

Bucs resigned Doug Martin for 5 years.

Raiders signed Bruce Irvin from Seattle.

Chris Ivory was signed by the Jags. 

San Diego picked up Browns wr Benjamin and resigned te Gates.

and many more.....

2 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Not going out on a limb when I say that Mark Sanchez will not be the answer to Denver's QB dilemma...

He's there to create "competition".  Same sh!t I've heard in Dallas for years....

• 2 weeks later...

^^ Apparently, Jerry says that McFadden is still the Boys #1 option at running back, hmmmm...

Morris' stats as far as rushing yards decreased every season after that big 2012 season, but he's only 27, so I imagine there's still a lot of tread left on his tires...

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

^^ Apparently, Jerry says that McFadden is still the Boys #1 option at running back, hmmmm...

Morris' stats as far as rushing yards decreased every season after that big 2012 season, but he's only 27, so I imagine there's still a lot of tread left on his tires...

McFadden showed, with a complete lack of offensive weapons around him, that he still can run the ball effectively.   Morris is a good complementary back to his style.  They re-signed Dunbar on the cheap too, but he's coming back from knee surgery too.  I really want them to go after Henry in the 2nd round of the draft.  I think the Morris signing says they are going Bosa with the 4th pick.  Can't wait for the draft to finally get here, little more than a month away... 

2 hours ago, Walter said:

RGMe goes to football Hell and signs with the Browns.  Good place for him.

Not a big RG3 fan, but it would be pretty awesome if he just lit it up there in Cleveland.  On the other hand, you need a good team surrounding you to do something like that....so.....

On 3/12/2016 at 0:02 PM, Walter said:

Twitter report out of Boston says the Pats are bracing for a loss for Tom Brady in the "deflategate" saga.  He will be looking at a 4-game suspension to start the season.

Big Pats fan here.  I have been saying and continue to say "just take the damned punishment and get it over and done with".  Come back totally stoked and ready to rip up the AFC.

Pats are stackin up
just sayin

if they can get another two man tight end offence going with this new guy Bennet.... edelman healthy  and  just anything close to a real wide receiver it's lights out...course it's a long way between here n there

• 3 weeks later...

Regular season schedules are being announced in less than 5 min!

Draft is two weeks from tonight - with the Rams trading the farm to move up to the number 1 overall pick this morning.  Hope it's worth it!  Or maybe Tennessee will send out all of its selections on the field the next time they play....

Archived