2016 NFL Thread

Walter

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Look's like there may be no stopping the Packers today....

Damn right Paul.  That's why I made that comment earlier that I wouldn't be surprised at anything the Pack did in the playoffs.  Rodgers is playing out of his head.  Never saw him look better, and I see him a lot.  In that game two weeks ago he didn't make one mistake, and made us make 5.  Also amazed at how the Pack seems to be able to rebuild their offensive line every year from shambles.  Two weeks off is good for the veterans, but not young teams.  Dallas looks a bit nervous and out of sync.     

As a Cowboys fan, I'm disappointed of course. That being said, if ever there were a way to go out losing, this was it. We rallied together and made an impressive comeback when it looked like we were on the verge of disaster. This is the kind of game where it's a shame somebody had to lose, both teams giving it their all right to the end. What a game!

33 minutes ago, Walter said:

Just me and the Mrs.  Junior is a Seahawks fan.  Taste is not genetic.  I'm gutted.  

My condolences Walter.  If you can take anything positive away from this and there is plenty, a rookie QB, and from 4 wins to 14.  Great year.  

Early line out.  Atlanta is -4 and over and under is 60 1/2.  The highest all year

Hoping KC wins this

Today's games made up for yesterday's stinkers. And playoff pedigree came through in both games.

Pittsburgh and Green Bay have been among the top elite teams of the 21st Century (New England #1 of course), while Dallas and Kansas City have been playoff duds. 

I have more hope for Dallas' future...great offensive line, Dak and Zeke are just rookies. All they need is to strengthen their defense during the off-season.

Kansas City on the other hand...bah, Alex Smith is who he is and Andy Reid always seems to flub in the playoffs. 

Pittsburgh @ New England should be a whale of a game.

I am with Atlanta all the way.  i can understand the KC player going off on the ref after the game.  Right or wrong the refs DO control the game and have sucked all year and for the last few years.  They were better in the 70s.  I was around for both so I know.  The zebra's suck.  KC never should have played such a horrible game on offense.  Their defense did their job.  They reminded me of the old Bill's teams that used to bend but not break.  But the offensive play calling stunk until the last great drive that could have tied the game if not for that holding call.  Someone on NFL network I agree with, said the tackle should have let the Pittsburgh end go.  But then he may have gotten to Smith who was pure shit yesterday in my opinion.  

Matt Ryan and the Atlanta offense is going to make a go at this.  They are not going to go down easily.  I like their chances.  Early line is Atlanta -4 and the over and under is a season high 60 1/2!!!!!!   Yes.  60 1/2.  I dare you to bet the under. This is likely a track meet.  I think Atlanta has the better defensive pass rushers to make enough plays to make the difference.  We will see.  Aaron Rogers obviously knows Matt Ryan personally as he said after the game, "Matt has had a heck of a year".  And he said it like he knew him personally and i am sure he does.  Ryan is the MVP.  He has to be.   And dont forget they beat Green Bay down there about a month and a half ago and it was a big game.  These Falcons can win the Super Bowl.  I believe it.  And I am hoping for it.  I do not think there is a dominating defense left.  Pittsburgh may have the best of the 4.  I would say that.  But its close between them and New England, I give Pittsburgh an edge on D.  I guess  both games are toss ups.  I like Atlanta but i have come to no conclusion on the AFC game.  Too tough to call IMO>  I wanted to see KC win.  But oh well.  Fucking Smith.  Had guys wide open and did not see them

Atlanta will win the Super Bowl because they are that good.  They had only two prime time games and are not well known.  Their defense is better than people realize.  Green Bay's banged up secondary will pay dearly.  Atlanta will sack Rogers 3 plus times.  Falcons hoist the trophy

The consensus is that the Super Bowl will be New England and Atlanta.   I do not see how they can be so confident that Brady has enough weapons to beat Pittsburgh?  I have very strong doubts.  No Gronkowski is going to come back to bite them.  You cant run on Pittsburgh.  Forget Blount, the overated sack of crap he is.  Edelman is going to beat the Steeleres all by himself?  OK.  Lets see it.  Bring it on.  I do not like the Steelers. But I know what they are capable of.  The Texans gave them all they could handle so what will Pittsburgh do?  I feel pretty good about Atlanta in the other game.  The way they handled Seattle takes any bad labels off of them.  I do believe Seattle has a far better defense than Green Bay and that spells trouble.  Atlanta cannot and will not be stopped. Outscoring them in their building will be a monumental task.  I think the world will realize that Atlanta does have a pass rush.  More of a defense than people realize.  Turnovers are the only possible way the Packers would stand a chance IMO>  I do not see it.  

^^^You don't see it?

Atlanta has a history of melting under the bright lights. There are three teams remaining with championship pedigrees...New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay. Atlanta has been a pretender so far.

Until they prove they can win a big game, I definitely can see Matty Ice throwing a couple interceptions in this game. I definitely can see Green Bay winning on the road.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

^^^You don't see it?

Atlanta has a history of melting under the bright lights. There are three teams remaining with championship pedigrees...New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay. Atlanta has been a pretender so far.

Until they prove they can win a big game, I definitely can see Matty Ice throwing a couple interceptions in this game. I definitely can see Green Bay winning on the road.

Yeah and i can more likely see him carving up Green Bay like a Thanksgiving day Turkey.  

7 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

I'm guessing it's too late to change my pick to Atlanta... :lol:

:(

Ah ye of little faith...  

(at least that's what I'm telling myself)

Archived