2016 NFL Thread

Walter

The Lambs are, pardon my French, FOOLS!!!

What makes it even more dumbfounding is that the Lambs themselves were the benefactors just recently of such a trade (Washington giving St. Louis a bushel of picks for St. Louis' #1 so they could get RGIII) and should know first-hand the folly of such trades. There are no Franchise QBs in this draft. 

Look at the history of teams that make this type of trade...Minnesota giving the farm to Dallas for Hershel Walker, Washington-St. Louis. The team that receives the armload of draftpicks always wins over the team that receives the #1 pick or a superstar.

Watch...St. Louis will draft a quarterback they could have gotten lower in the round anyway, and he will turn out to be a Sam Bradford bust.

I guarantee ya, Tennessee is laughing like a fox in a henhouse.

7 hours ago, Strider said:

What makes it even more dumbfounding is that the Lambs themselves were the benefactors just recently of such a trade (Washington giving St. Louis a bushel of picks for St. Louis' #1 so they could get RGIII) and should know first-hand the folly of such trades. There are no Franchise QBs in this draft. 

Look at the history of teams that make this type of trade...Minnesota giving the farm to Dallas for Hershel Walker, Washington-St. Louis. The team that receives the armload of draftpicks always wins over the team that receives the #1 pick or a superstar.

Watch...St. Louis will draft a quarterback they could have gotten lower in the round anyway, and he will turn out to be a Sam Bradford bust.

Yep!  That's what I was saying.  Interesting it was Tennessee with Coach Fisher working the deal - after he led the Titans for so many years.

I like the Cowboys' schedule.  Nice and even - not too many on the road consecutively, good December games for a change and a well placed bye week.  Hope we have a solid  draft to match.  Still don't know who they'll take, especially after this trade.  Bosa seems like the natural fit at DE.  Ramsey would be great, but I think he'll go to SD.  Strider, what do you think about Jack from UCLA?  Since he was injured so early in the season and I don't pay very close attention to the PAC teams, I don't know that much about him beyond what the scouts have been barking.  I know coming off a major injury and not running the 40 in pre-draft combines makes me nervous.  Everyone says he'd be a beast in Miranelli's defensive scheme.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

....and here is what you and I were both thinking about...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000653387/article/jerry-jones-compares-titans-moves-to-walker-trade

On April 16, 2016 at 2:33 PM, Strider said:

Damn Rick! Bills @ Raiders! Bills @ Seahawks! Bills @ Lambs! You should do a West Coast trip!

My wife and I are discussing it and I am dead serious of doing it.  I am for flying into SD, maybe 2-3 nights there and 2-3 in LA and then to SF?  But she had eye surgery and I must see how things develope.   I will be cheering on the Rams when the Bills are not playing them

Redskins sign 28 year old cornerback Josh Norman for 5 years, $75 mil - $50 mil gauranteed.  I love it when a rival team spends that much gauranteed money on a player who's almost 30.  

On 4/23/2016 at 7:24 PM, Walter said:

Redskins sign 28 year old cornerback Josh Norman for 5 years, $75 mil - $50 mil gauranteed.  I love it when a rival team spends that much gauranteed money on a player who's almost 30.  

Good cornerbacks don't grow on trees. In today's pass-happy NFL you can never have too many cornerbacks. The Redskins couldn't pass him up.

Yep and I'm glad they couldn't.  Last season was his only all-pro season.  Was it the player or the combination of players?  We will find out quickly.  He plays against Antonio Brown, OBJ and Dez the first 3 weeks of the season.

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Brady is now to sit 4 games as the suspension has been upheld.   He can appeal but they say its likely going to be too late to stop the suspension.  Why in the hell is Trump weighing in on this?  Have a seat Tom

Because he's a dumb douche who'll say anything if it'll either a.) get him attention or b.) a vote.

On March 12, 2016 at 0:02 PM, Walter said:

Twitter report out of Boston says the Pats are bracing for a loss for Tom Brady in the "deflategate" saga.  He will be looking at a 4-game suspension to start the season.

Can't believe this took 1.5 months to finally be confirmed...

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Brady is now to sit 4 games as the suspension has been upheld.   He can appeal but they say its likely going to be too late to stop the suspension.  Why in the hell is Trump weighing in on this?  Have a seat Tom

Yep. I think your point about it being too late to appeal answers Walter's question of why it took so long.. He should just get it over with at this point. It's bullshit and he fought it valiantly, but it's time to cut his losses.  If you think Tom Brady was driven last year.. Look out. Plus he'll have 4 less games of getting the crap kicked out of him.. So come playoff time ...

Also, today's ruling is based on if Commissioner Goodell acted within his authority as bestowed upon him by the CBA..not on Brady's guilt or innocence... which means old Roger he can pretty much rule whichever way he pleases.. 

1 hour ago, the chase said:

Yep. I think your point about it being too late to appeal answers Walter's question of why it took so long.. He should just get it over with at this point. It's bullshit and he fought it valiantly, but it's time to cut his losses.  If you think Tom Brady was driven last year.. Look out. Plus he'll have 4 less games of getting the crap kicked out of him.. So come playoff time ...

Also, today's ruling is based on if Commissioner Goodell acted within his authority as bestowed upon him by the CBA..not on Brady's guilt or innocence... which means old Roger he can pretty much rule whichever way he pleases.. 

I have no idea how this will unfold.  After last year I will believe it when I see it.  But you must admit he did lie.  And if you get caught lying, even if you are innocent of the act at hand, its not good.

1 minute ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I have no idea how this will unfold.  After last year I will believe it when I see it.  But you must admit he did lie.  And if you get caught lying, even if you are innocent of the act at hand, its not good.

I honestly don't know if he lied. He destroyed his phone after he was told it wasn't needed.. He had all requested info from the phone copied and turned in so.. I think he's being punished for being defiant. He could have nude photos of Giselle on his phone for all we know. I wouldn't have turned it in either. 

12 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

You must admit,your teams SUCK!

11 hours ago, the chase said:

I honestly don't know if he lied. He destroyed his phone after he was told it wasn't needed.. He had all requested info from the phone copied and turned in so.. I think he's being punished for being defiant. He could have nude photos of Giselle on his phone for all we know. I wouldn't have turned it in either. 

So now is only April.  If the US Supreme court does get this, its not right regardless.  No way should the US Supreme court have any say in anything to do with sports.  Period

I have nothing more to say. I am so over the topic. I always felt it was ridiculous and the fact that it has dragged on this long will always be a black mark on Roger Goodell's record. Let's move on.

On April 25, 2016 at 3:00 PM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Agreed!  Onto Thursday nights 1st round draft, for instance!  Anticipation is running high down in Big D!  Ramsey, Elliott or Bosa?  

On April 26, 2016 at 5:19 PM, Walter said:

Agreed!  Onto Thursday nights 1st round draft, for instance!  Anticipation is running high down in Big D!  Ramsey, Elliott or Bosa?  

It sure seemed like my Bills finished lower than 19.  Or should I say higher?  I would go lineman or linebacker.  Skills position players will be gone at this point but there should be value at offensive line and linebacker

Crazy draft so far.  Tunsil all the way down to Miami?  Sucks to get your Twitter account hacked and have a video from 5 years ago with you wearing a gas mask taking bong hits get released....  How many times has that excuse been used??? Cost him a lot of $$$!

• 2 months later...

So much for Brady being suspended 4 games.  That dumb SOB running back Williams of ours just got whacked for 4 games for substance.  Cannot baby sit these over paid fucking idiots that would be in a state pen if they could not play sports.  Karlos Williams.  Piece of shit. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived