2016 NFL Thread

Walter

8 minutes ago, Sathington Willoughby said:

Might be time for an upgrade. :P

Actually it's only a year old.

Come on they won the game.  I was prepared and expecting to come on here and take whatever crap that was coming... but they staged the biggest comeback in SB history.  

And now Rick's saying the coin toss must have been rigged and Matt Ryan was paid off!!! Wtf  he was on fire. Ryan wanted it bad.. 

I am sure Arthur Blank is a nice fellow. He probably loves his wife and kids..and maybe animals, too. He seems beloved by his players and the community. He accomplishes more in one day than I ever will in my whole life.

But dude...when is he going to learn: STAY THE FUCK IN YOUR BOX UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER!!!

How many times is Arthur Blank going to pull a Jerry Jones and come traipsing down from his owner's box to the field while the game is still being played, with his team ahead, only to be left standing on the sideline with egg on his face as his team chokes again? I have seen him doing his goofy dancing on the sidelines time and time again, and then when the clock hits 00:00, he has a "What just happened?" look on his face as certain victory has turned into bitter defeat once again.

If I worked for the Falcons, I would have locked and bolted that luxury suite once Arthur Bank and his entourage were in and the game started. Keep that sucker inside until the game is over.

At the end of the third quarter, things looked bleak if you were a New England fan. One Patriot fan I was talking to was thinking of going to bed. So between the third and fourth quarter, I switched seats, turned my red sweater inside out, and turned my phone off. I wanted no distractions.

Even when New England tied the score I resisted the urge to text my friends and kept my phone off. I didn't want to jinx the Patriots haha.

What a game...what a finish!!!

Rick, put the schnapps down. A rigged coin toss? Are you kidding me? Come on, man...win with class, lose with class. Sath, I was surprised to see you agreeing with the tinfoil-hat crowd's conspiracies. 

It was a two-point conversion to tie. It was a touchdown to win.

And it was a helluva catch by Edelman!!! At last, after the Patriots had lost two Super Bowls on miraculous catches, they finally get one of their own.

Julio Jones also had a spectacular catch...one that should have sealed the deal for Atlanta if their coaching staff didn't subsequently have a brain fart. Jones' insane sideline catch put Atlanta in field goal range, which would have put New England three scores behind instead of only two, with less than 10 minutes in the game.

Atlanta fans will be rueing the following sequence of plays the rest of the year. Matty Ice turned into Matty Melt and that was that...momentum was all New England's way.

Congratulations to the New England Patriots and all their fans (the chase, jb126, SteveAJones, etc.) here on the Forum. The 2016 Revenge Tour is complete...shove that up your ass Roger Goodell! :lol::lol::lol:

Bill Belichick & Tom Brady. G.O.A.T.

Great game!  I turned the TV to something else when it was 28-3, and New England was dropping balls and just looking like amateurs.

When my son came downstairs to tell me it was 28-20, I figured we should watch.  I thought the final touchdown in OT needed a review, but when you look at the other angles, he got in there.  That final drive in OT, you could tell Atlanta's defense was very tired, and NE used that to their advantage.

Really an amazing game.

2 hours ago, Strider said:

I am sure Arthur Blank is a nice fellow. He probably loves his wife and kids..and maybe animals, too. He seems beloved by his players and the community. He accomplishes more in one day than I ever will in my whole life.

But dude...when is he going to learn: STAY THE FUCK IN YOUR BOX UNTIL THE GAME IS OVER!!!

I completely agree that owners have no business being on the field during a game -- ever.

I can't decide whether that was the greatest comeback in Super Bowl history, or the greatest choke in Super Bowl history.

Either way, WHAT A GAME!!! Just when it seemed all but over, Brady kept his cool and came roaring back. I feel really bad for Atlanta fans. To come THAT  close and have it blow up in your face...god, that's heartbreaking.

It feels surreal that I'm witness to history. Not just due to the game itself (overtime etc.), but Brady and Belichick are the greatest player/coach duo of all time.

I wouldn't consider myself a huge Lady Gaga fan, but man did she KILL it! A spectacular show, and I loved how it didn't rely on guests. It was all her. And the fact that she did acrobatics, ran around on stage, and jumped around...all while singing?! Mad respect! 

As a sidenote, what did you all think of the commercials? I found them mostly underwhelming (as they seem to be every year). There was no true disaster like Nationwide's "Dead Kids" or Mountain Dew's "Puppy Monkey Baby" but I didn't find many memorable ones either.

1 hour ago, ZepHead315 said:

As a sidenote, what did you all think of the commercials? I found them mostly underwhelming (as they seem to be every year). There was no true disaster like Nationwide's "Dead Kids" or Mountain Dew's "Puppy Monkey Baby" but I didn't find many memorable ones either.

I think the best one was the Skittles commercial.

5 hours ago, redrum said:

Who stole Tom's jersey? The mystery of the decade.

The question is how?

How could someone steal it from the dressing shed (if that is where it was taken from) and not been seen? 

Dumbarses to allow just anyone in after a game as this incident clearly illustrates.

If it turns up on ebay how could you tell if it's the real thing apart from the sweat odour ? The sort of dickhead who would do it in the first place would probably wash it before putting it up for sale. I'm sure there is no certificate of authenticity available.

Serves Brady right for being trusting or naïve or neglectful (take your pick), of his property.

Still, I hope he gets it back.

^^^Ever been in a locker room after a Super Bowl? It's chaos and pandemonium. And at some point Brady has to take a shower. That is what the equipment manager is for...to look after the player's gear. 

I am sure it will be found soon. If it was in fact stolen, there is no way the guy could ever sell it without being caught. So he will never make a dime off it.

12 hours ago, Strider said:

^^^Ever been in a locker room after a Super Bowl? It's chaos and pandemonium. And at some point Brady has to take a shower. That is what the equipment manager is for...to look after the player's gear. 

I am sure it will be found soon. If it was in fact stolen, there is no way the guy could ever sell it without being caught. So he will never make a dime off it.

Shred the fucker. And send Matt Ryan to Buffalo or the Jets so he can get a crack at NE more often.  How the fuck does his coach not just kneel the ball and kick the FG I will never know.  ITs even worst than Pete Carrol when he gave them the Super Bowl two year ago.  So that is two they had gift wrapped.  This is why I find it very strange that men that supposedly know the game do things like this?  Maybe the 19 White Sox were not the only ones on the take.  

I heard that the New England Patriots have enlisted the Texas Rangers to help solve the disappearance of Tom Brady's stolen jersey. 

How can an American League Baseball Team help find a stolen NFL jersey?  The Super Bowl was in Houston, Texas, not Arlington, Texas.

45 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I heard that the New England Patriots have enlisted the Texas Rangers to help solve the disappearance of Tom Brady's stolen jersey. 

How can an American League Baseball Team help find a stolen NFL jersey?  The Super Bowl was in Houston, Texas, not Arlington, Texas.

The Texas Rangers of Chuck Norris fame, not the baseball team. :rolleyes:

20 minutes ago, Strider said:

The Texas Rangers of Chuck Norris fame, not the baseball team. :rolleyes:

Cool.  That makes sense because Chuck Norris was always a favorite of Texas Ranger Baseball fans.  Chuck Norris had a Hell of a career as a Texas Ranger.  If anyone can solve this "crime" it surely would be Chuckie. 

5 hours ago, Metta said:

How much does it suck to be Atlanta right now...

that N pRicky "the kiss of death" McShortness......

As much as it sucks to have put  a future bet on them and getting back $80 on $5 and then having Matt Ryan the MVP forget how to play the game with 4 minutes or so left.  Unreal.  Julio Jones is an incredible player.  His catch at the 20 was similar to the great catch by the Seattle player at the 5 two years ago.  But once again they gave NE the game.  I mean GAVE IT TO THEM.  Take a knee!!!!  Throw the damn ball out of bounds and kick the fucking FG.  Do not let the Zebras have anything to  do with it.  Sure enough, here comes a holding call.  The most subjective penalty in all of the major sports.  Another gift for NE.  

Archived