Led Zeppelin Autographs

Rickster

Hi, I'm new to this forum, so thank-you and hello to everyone!!! I wanted to have some of your opinions on this Jimmy Page autograph that I've had for years now. It was signed on a piece of a German poster on March 17, 1973 in Munich Germany, at the Olympia Halle. Any Thoughts?

2016-03-09 18.59.13.jpg

2016-03-09 18.59.28.jpg

2016-03-09 19.01.03.jpg

2016-03-09 19.01.39.jpg

Ok, I'll play. How do you KNOW it was signed the day of that concert? If you say were at the concert, or residing in Germany at that time, can you prove that? Generally speaking, whenever I'm presented with any Jimmy Page autograph for which there is no proof of authenticity (note I didn't say certificate of authenticity, which are usually meaningless unless issued by highly reputable seller) I default to it's a fake. If this one is a fake, at least they attempted to fake what his signature looked like at that time. Regardless, to me it just doesn't look right IMHO.

Thanks guys, I'll send it to Roger Epperson and see what he thinks. Do you guys believe he is the guy to go to? No I wasn't at the concert, I'm just going with what I was told. Obviously there is no way to say if a signature is real, unless you saw it done in front of you, right? I just compared it with others from that period and it looked good to me, but it's always good to see what others might think. I'll let Roger have a look and then come back to you. Thanx again.

Here are some apparently legit Jimmy Page signatures I found on line for comparison. Oh and I was the one who wanted to sell it as it's still available, But i'll wait to get it authenticated or rejected before I try to sell it again. Of course if it's fake, it's going in the fire place!

$_1.JPG

jpage-signed-page-th.jpg

jimmy-page-led-zeppelin-signed-25x25-cut-autograph-psadna-slabbed-1-t5762787-350.jpg

zep__led-autos.jpg

22 minutes ago, sam_webmaster said:

Based on these scans, I don't think any of them are real.

My thoughts are the same.

Rickster, it never hurts to get a second, third, fourth etc. opinion but time and reputation are valuable too. I would burn it.

Well I'll have to go with Roger Epperson's take on the first Jimmy Page autograph, I submitted it for a quick review and he came back with "It's a bit sloppy but it's ok." Now to send it in for a full on authenticity letter, and then we'll see what's next. Thank you to the experts on this forum, as your opinions were valuable and taken into account, but one has to go with a real expert in the field. The second set of autos are fakes, of course, but it's always good to get an opinion on them anyways. I'll post the outcome of my Jimmy Page autograph when it happens. No fire place!!!!!!!!

2016-03-09 19.01.03.jpg

BTW Two of the autographs that I posted for comparisons, are from Roger Epperson's "Signed Sealed Delivered" website. I suggest you guys check it out. It's a great site that has nothing but authentic autos!!!! The guy is just the MAN for this kind of thing!!!

What's your problem? You gave me your opinion, I thanked you and now you're sore? Really? Just because I got an expert's opinion, doesn't take away from yours. One is respected, the other, not. Rogers opinion is respected, is it not? I was just happy to share my good news and you gotta be all sour about it. Congratulations, you've just taken away all your credibility with your yawning post. Jealousy sucks.

Archived